Sign in to follow this  
Spudgun

should Kirk return on enterprise

should they bring Kirk back to help bost the rattings of Enterprise?

thats the question that is floating around the net......IMO is no, I dont think any thing is going to save Enterprise,but I would like to see Kirk return...........what do the board think? ;) :)

I think a letter writing campaign could save ENT. It got TOS a third season, TOS revived as movies, and the space shuttle named Enterprise. :) Why wouldn't it save ENT? ;)

As for bringing Kirk back, I wouldn't like to see this happen. William Shatner looks a lot older than when Kirk died, so it wouldn't be believable. I would, however, like to see William Shatner play Kirk's ancestor in the 22nd century. ;)

we have already seen an ensign kirk in one of the episodes on ent.. he was in the mess hall.. i think he said 2 words! i cant remeber which ep it was though.. but he was on there i swear!

ensign_ro, the character to which you are referring was in Broken Bow. However, this was in the script only and I think another name has grown to be accepted. "Ensign Fletcher", I believe. I removed Kirk from the manifest because there was no canon source.

but i heard tucker say ensign kirk! i heard the words that came from the tv! i swear it! i heard it i swear it was an enign kirk! kirk is already on ent! we just have to have the character shown more! you gotta belive me! it hink i have the ep on tape! ill watch it over and over! im not imagining it! and i have the skript too! meep! just never mind.. :wow:

but i heard tucker say ensign kirk! i heard the words that came from the tv! i swear it! i heard it i swear it was an enign kirk! kirk is already on ent! we just have to have the character shown more! you gotta belive me! it hink i have the ep on tape! ill watch it over and over! im not imagining it! and i have the skript too! meep! just never mind.. :wow:

That is very interesting. What was the name of the episode?

thats the question that is floating around the net......IMO is no, I dont think any thing is going to save Enterprise,but I would like to see Kirk return...........what do the board think? :wow:  :wow:

I wouldn't write Enterprise off just yet..I believe it's a good show and will make it's 7 year run..But on to the question....

I would like to see Shatner guest star on Enterprise as an ancestor of James Kirk...That could be very interesting if done well and with the right story..But the only way I can see James Kirk being on Enterprise is thru a time travel story and I'm not sure it would be that believable..

I think it would be a bit corny. Maybe something involving the Nexus? The actual Kirk is scooped up by 29th century time travellers?

I can see it now, Kirk's great-grandfather shows up to advertise Priceline.com to the crew of the Enterprise. :bow:

I'd definitely watch if he made an appearance, but I'm not a big fan of gimmick guest-casting. As Prommie said, it would seem a little corny to me. :ph34r:

Edited by Ace

You don't really think thats a good ideal do you?

I just do not think it would go over to well.

Shatner playing Kirk's ancestor is a good idea. Or, alternatively someone else playing Cadet/Ensign Kirk comes aboard, and as he leaves (Re-assigned?) he turns to Captain Archer and says -

"I've got to get me one of these..."

Edited by Lt. Evans

I think it'd be nice to see Shatner back as Kirk. Maybe play it in with the TCW. Daniels plucks him after his death or something and ressurects him or something. Just an idea.

Shatner playing Kirk's ancestor is a good idea. Or, alternatively someone else playing Cadet/Ensign Kirk comes aboard, and as he leaves (Re-assigned?) he turns to Captain Archer and says -

"I've got to get me one of these..."

The problem with bringing an "Ensign Kirk" aboard is that the time frame is all wrong. Kirk was only in his thirties, early thirties at that, when he took over the Enterprise. And the prequel, Enterprise, purportedly takes place about 100 years before Kirk's time. As for the TCW arch ... let's just not go there, I want to keep this friendly. :dude:

T'Bree

i should say, let the man rest in peace

no more Kirk

he had his time, he was great, but he died two times, and i think that is enough

:dude:

I am all for William Shatner appearing on Enterprise...not as James T. Kirk, but as one of his ancestors. As for the idea being "corny", I disagree. Was Leonard Nimoy's appearance as Ambassador Spock in the TNG two-parter "Reunification" corny? Apparently, not too many people thought so. That episode was one of the highest rated TNG episodes!

That's a little different as the Vulcan lifespan makes that case entirely plausible. A closer correlation to this would be getting Dorn to play Worf's grandpappy in TUC, which, honestly, I thought was just a little bit corny at first. I grew to like that idea, though. :dude:

As for Kirk, I still don't know. I'm with Ikbef - let the man rest in peace. B)

Just my opinion, of course; I'd still watch. B)

Edited by Ace

I think it'd be nice to see Shatner back as Kirk.  Maybe play it in with the TCW.  Daniels plucks him after his death or something and ressurects him or something.  Just an idea.

To quote Dr. Evil "How 'bout no!"

(sorry, couldn't reist)

As for the whole idea of one of Kirk's ancestors being on Enterprise, as long as it's not something that would be the foucs of an entire episode, I' m sure it would be nice.

Aside from Shatner playing a Kirk ancestor, I think there is a way to negate the events of Generations while not ignoring the events of that film. An easy and "logical" way to explain Shatner's continued existance would be by way of Nexus. We never actually found out what Nexus was exactly. We know it was somekind of interdimensional plain whose properties remain a mystery. Who's to say that once inside the Nexus, a person cannot end up living in multiplie parallel realities within this zone? What if the Kirk that helped Picard was but one Kirk that left the Nexus, while the Nexus itself, like somekind of cosmic computer virus, simply multiplied or copied its content, making it possible for many different Kirks to continue living on parallel strands within the Nexus on various dimensional plains? They are all the same Kirk and so it would be theoritcally possible to bring him back this way.

Kirk (or a Kirk copy, but Kirk nontheless) could have continued to live hundreds or thousands of years in the Nexus without growing old, and could have at some point in the future been rescued, grown older in the future. He could even have gone back to work for a future Federation and as an older representative of a future Federation, could return to the past along with Daniels or something to meet Archer and the rest of the Enterprise crew. Hell, he could also turn out to be the Future Guy!

he had his time, he was great, but he died two times, and i think that is enough

Well said. I agree..I don't think it's possiable to bring Kirk or an ancestor in with out it seeming forced into the story. I certainly don't think it would help the ratings.

Well said. I agree..I don't think it's possiable to bring Kirk or an ancestor in with out it seeming forced into the story. I certainly don't think it would help the ratings.

..............also isnt Mr Shatner a bit old now to play Kirk......it was TEN YEARS ago that Kirk died in genarations......... :martok:

Edited by Spudgun

As James T. Kirk? No. As an ancestor of JTK? Sure why not, he had to have had ancestors right?

As James T. Kirk? No. As an ancestor of JTK? Sure why not, he had to have had ancestors right?

A cameo would be very nice, and with nimoy as well... I don't think that they should have them as anyone in perticular, maybe just a simple walkthrough. Sorta like Deforest Kelly in "Encounter at Farpoint" that scene brings a tear to my eye...