what did you think of nemisis?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. what did you think of nemisis?

• i loved it!!
    • it was a fair movie
    • it was ok
    • hmm.. not to good
    • i hated it
    • it was a horrible move! i bet gene is screaming in his grave!
    • no opinion

i didnt really like it, i found it to be a rip off of john loagans excalabur. it could have been writen alot better in my opinion.

I'd never say it was as good as First Contact ( :blink: ), but it wasn't absolutely horrible. I'll only give it a rating of 'fair'. ;)

I'm voting 'it was a fair movie' because it was, it wasn't imo a Generations or a First Contact. It was less than GEN but more than INS, yeah, thats it.

Fair. I don't like it as much as First Contact, but I'm still glad I bought it (didn't get a chance to see it in the cinema). From what I've seen though, most people have negative opinions of it.

It was ok. A good movie, if you don't look at the mistakes that have been made ;)

I don't like it as much as I like First Contact and I don't hate it as much as I hate Insurrection ( :) ). So, it's ok. ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

It was OK,,It could have been a lot better. And it should have been a lot better..Actually the only movie I consider it better than is Insurrection..So that is pretty bad..They had such a good opportunity to send TNG off good...And they blew it big time...IMO..

I hated Nem. Why?

They killed off Data!

Wesley's mug was in it.

They killed off Data!

The whole Troi/Riker/Shinzon stuff (Brr..)

They killed off Data!

And it was boring...

They killed off Data!

;) I couldn't deal...

I will never NEVER forgive the producers for the ending. It was the most unimaginative, cheaply done, and rushed $()*#!! I've ever seen.

Yes, I almost refuse to acknowledge that Nemisis exists as part of the Star Trek franchise and that it was only some sick little side show of What Ifs.

I will never NEVER forgive the producers for the ending.

Why not?

It was the most unimaginative, cheaply done, and rushed $()*#!! I've ever seen.

Why do you feel it is unimaginative, cheaply done, and rushed?

Yes, I almost refuse to acknowledge that Nemisis exists as part of the Star Trek franchise and that it was only some sick little side show of What Ifs.

Good grief, it's just a movie. ;)

I thought Nemesis was great!!! What an incredible villian in Shinzon. I thoroughly enjoyed First Contact, but it left me wanting, I think in the space battle area. It was great in the beginning but that was it. I wanted a strategic drawn out battle, such as exactly what we got in Nemesis. Also the space cinemtography was outstanding. The visage of the Enterprise after dislodging from the Scimitar was spectacular hard core sci-fi cinemetography. Akin to the illustrations we see on some of the 1970's Star Trek paperback novels. Also what set Nemesis apart from the rest is the major plot-line advancement. It was not a self-contained 2hr episode. Characters moved on, and there was the obvious loss. It majorly altered the current plot-line and initiated several more including possible historical ones; Shinzon's campaigns in the Dominion wars. I like all the movies, but I thought this one set itself apart from the other TNG movies in a very positive way. ;)

CJLP -- I feel no need to rehash the arguments about Nemesis. Especially about the ending. Its just that after watching TNG from start to finish, I (like many others) were disappointed about how the characters were pushed into a quick ending.

It was an unjust ending to the fans who had spent so much time with the TNG crew. I like most ST films/episodes -- but I should not have left the theater thinking things like "that was a joke right?" ;)

I almost refuse to acknowledge that Nemisis exists as part of the Star Trek franchise and that it was only some sick little side show of What Ifs.

Yup, I could not have said it better. ;)

Good grief, it's just a movie.  :)

It's not just a movie, it's the story of the characters that we've grown to love over the years. We care what happens to them. People can have very passionate feelings over "just a movie", and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's Nemesis! Sorry it just irritates me a lot. I wish it was directed by someone else, I wasn't watching a Van Damne movie. ;)