Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Which actress would you like to see

I've had the tv on today and happened to catch a couple of reruns. I alwasy liked watching Alexandra Tydings (yes she did make her mark as the scantily clad Aphprodite) but she was funny and had a strong screen presence. With the energy and screen presence she has she could IMO play a really entertaining officer.

as Aphrodite

Click for Spoiler:

dite.jpg

I could see Sigourney Weaver as a starship captain, or myself... if I was an actress!!! :blink:

I would love to see Gillian Anderson play a starship Captain. She portrayed Scully so well on The X-Files, while kicking enough major butt to make her an outstanding Captain on Star Trek aswell. Jodie Foster would be my other choice for starship Captain, I have always liked her movies and she doesn't take any crap from anyone.

On the other hand, Anthony Hopkins would make a great 'scary' alien. His voice has a haunting tone to it and those eyes..................they send a chill up my spine whenever I watch Silence of the Lambs or Red Dragon (as does his voice).

Madam Captain out!!

Off topic but have all of you Gillian Anderson fans seen "A House of Mirth" - she did a terrific job in that movie...be warned it is a kleenex movie.

Yes, I saw The House of Mirth a couple of years ago at the cinema. It took a while for it to be released but as soon as it came out, I went to see it. It was a great movie and I wished I had taken some tissues too. I love Gillian Anderson and she has proven that she can successfully portray different characters apart from Scully (I loved Scully in TXF too). Another great movie is Playing By Heart. GA is also in this movie, along with a heap of other great actors like Sean Connery and some more that I can't think of right now.

Now, getting back to the related topic..............

What do you think about Gillian Anderson playing a starship captain?? I think she would be fantastic. Of course, she would have to be named Captain Dana Scully. I could see her clashing with Admiral Janeway at times but I think she would have great respect for her most of the time.......

Anthony Hopkins would be great as a Cardassian, Jem'Hadar, Vorter (I think I spelt that wrong) or any other dangerous character. He has the perfect voice and he is such a gifted actor - he has that ability to make scary characters so realistic.

Madam Captain out!!

What do you think about Gillian Anderson playing a starship captain?? I think she would be fantastic. Of course, she would have to be named Captain Dana Scully. I could see her clashing with Admiral Janeway at times but I think she would have great respect for her most of the time.......

When I first saw this topic hers was the name on the tip of my tounge, she would be a great choice imo as well.

I would like to see Angela Bassett playing a command officer...a captain or higher. She had a strong role in the film Contact where she had a high position in the White House. She also had a strong role in the movie Supernova, although I found that film rather depressing. I think she would fit well in the Star Trek universe.

I would like to see Angela Bassett playing a command officer...a captain or higher. She had a strong role in the film Contact where she had a high position in the White House. She also had a strong role in the movie Supernova, although I found that film rather depressing. I think she would fit well in the Star Trek universe.

i agree with this. it would be nice to see her as a CO

I would like to see Michelle Rodriguez in Star Trek...as a Captain or better yet

a security chief......she rules any movie I've seen her in. ;)

I agree with t'mir. I'd love to see Sigourney Weaver in Star Trek. She'd make a great captain or admiral, IMO. ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Gillian Anderson..LOL

How about David Duchovny? As a brash you Starfleet Lt who thinks his sister was abducted by aliens and is seeking the truth?>Done before>? :wow:

How about Sandra Bullock she would make a good capt :vbg: or at least a member of the crew :vbg:

Edited by barry

I could see Sigourney Weaver as a starship captain, or myself... if I was an actress!!! :laugh:

I could see myself as a great starship captain, and I am an actress.

Guest Guest
I could also see Gillian Anderson, lmao

Skinner aka Mitch Pileggi from The X-Files would also make a good starship captain, although he also seems like somebody who would join the Marquis. I'm not too sure about David Duchovny as a starship captain, I think he would rather be looking for Samantha in space (or little green men - lol) than flying a ship.

Madam Captain out!