B0000V4906.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

I anyone a fan of the 1960's television show "Green Acres"?

I had never heard of this show until about two weeks ago when my father decided that he wanted to order the DVDs (luckly we have a multi region DVD player!). Personally I wasn't expecting much but after watching two or three I was hooked, it uses the same sort of light comedy that can be seen in shows of the time such as Bewitched except the basic plot revolves around a lawyer who decides that he has had enough of urban life and becomes a farmer on a broken down farm.

I love Green Acres!! I haven't seen it in years though. I used to watch it as a kid all the time. Now I'm gonna be singing that theme song all night. :lol:

Great, I'm glad that others have seen this, especially as I thought it was some obscure series. Perhaps it is one of those shows that is repeated more in the US.

Now I'm gonna be singing that theme song all night.

*Sings* "Green Acres is the place to be, farm live'n is the life for me..."

No, it' not obscure at all. It was a popular sit-com here in the US. There were at least a couple of times that they would cross over with "The Beverly Hillbillies" too.

No, it' not obscure at all. It was a popular sit-com here in the US. There were at least a couple of times that they would cross over with "The Beverly Hillbillies" too.

In Britain we seem to get a lot more Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie. I think the last time GA was shown over here must have been the late 60's/early 70's. Shame because I think it is better than the aforementioned shows.