Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

My questions about Dr. Orders?

Last night's episode was a little slim but I still had a question that nagged at me.

Okay, everyone was comatose for four days - even when you're in a coma certain bodily functions continue.

Click for Spoiler:

Four days without going to the bathroom :lol: Shouldn't everyone have been hooked up to IV's for fluids - four days is long time without water (and fluid removal) Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Click for Spoiler:

Are you suggesting that they should have been hooked up to catheters ( is that what they are called?)? Maybe everyone emptied their bladders more than once, and did not drink anything, and then their body functions were slowed so much (like those yogis in India), that there was no need to relieve themselves until after they were awakened.

Or.....a lot of them may have ruined their beds, and the Enterprise laundry was very very busy those next few days.....and they just didn't include that little fact in the ship's logs! :lol:

How do you think of these questions?

Are you suggesting that they should have been hooked up to catheters ( is that what they are called?)?

Yep that the correct name. Although that would have given Phlox quite a bit of work.

On the topic, the only thing I can say is that this is an area were the suspension of disbelief comes in.

It would have been hard on the actors!

Click for Spoiler:

Prop person: Okay, Scott, just slip your underpants down and get on the bed. Let me get this cover over your midriff. Can't offend the censors!

Everyone laughs.

Prop person: Right, John, this is a catheter. In this scene you're going to put this up Archer's bottom.

Bakula: :lol: I don't think so!

Prop person: It's in the script.

Bakula: I don't give a (CENSORED!) That is one piece of Star Trek that is NOT boldly going where no piece has gone before. :lol:

It would have been hard on the actors!

Click for Spoiler:

Prop person: Okay, Scott, just slip your underpants down and get on the bed.  Let me get this cover over your midriff.  Can't offend the censors!

Everyone laughs.

Prop person:  Right, John, this is a catheter.  In this scene you're going to put this up Archer's bottom.

Bakula:  :lol: I don't think so!

Prop person:  It's in the script.

Bakula:  I don't give a (CENSORED!)  That is one piece of Star Trek that is NOT boldly going where no piece has gone before. B)

lol!!! That the best post ever!

:) :lol:

I would assume that they were in a state of neural suspension and that stopped all of those bodily functions. Either that or some of the Doctors unseen duties involved this.

I would assume that they were in a state of neural suspension and that stopped all of those bodily functions.

That's the explanation I'm going with. :lol: