Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Section 31

For those who watched DS9, we learned of a secret organization within Starfleet who's sole purpose is to protect the Federation.

Who would like to see Section 31 on ENT and then it become secluded and eventually unkown when the Federation is formed? :)

I think Section 31 is likely already in existence at the time of Enterprise. If it wasn't formed before Broken Bow then the discovery of the Suliban threat would surely have sparked the creation of it soon there after.

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing an episode about Section 31 on Enterprise at all, though I think it would take a much different form now then it would in the time of DS9. I think it would more of a force for "good" as opposed to the sinister form it took in DS9.

Any thoughts?

One thought I've had is that in the season 2 finale, Earth is attacked, thus giving a story arc for the launch of season 3. Perhaps this "attack" could lead to the formation of Section 31, or to where it becomes known anyway? They would be the good guys in the beginning, but become a sinister organization by DS9.

I think Section 31 is likely already in existence at the time of Enterprise.

I agree. Every country in the world today has a form of Section 31 and I don't see that changing by the time of Enterprise.

I definitely agree that it would be great to see Section 31 on Enterprise. And I agree with VBG that the organization probably already exists in that time. How many governments, or military organizations for that matter, do not form a similar organization when they are formed to insure that any threat that comes their way can be handled, either internal or externally.

It would be really cool to see section 31, as VBG said, when they aren't so sinister. The writers would have to make it so that Archer doesn't find out about section 31 though. He would so blow the lid off of their operation!

This past weekend we went to see Dreamcatcher and in it, there is an organization called "Blue Squadron" or "Section" or something like that but the point was they seem to have been a real life version of Men in Black and they caused me to pay some consideration to the possibility it does ALREADY exist. :wow: wooooOOOOoooo :D

This past weekend we went to see Dreamcatcher and in it, there is an organization called "Blue Squadron" or "Section" or something like that but the point was they seem to have been a real life version of Men in Black and they caused me to pay some consideration to the possibility it does ALREADY exist. :wow: wooooOOOOoooo :D

Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it?

One thought I've had is that in the season 2 finale, Earth is attacked, thus giving a story arc for the launch of season 3.  Perhaps this "attack" could lead to the formation of Section 31, or to where it becomes known anyway?  They would be the good guys in the beginning, but become a sinister organization by DS9.

Here's credit where credit is due to the Captain; Nice Call on the attack idea! :laugh: With the Commandos going along with the Ent on the new mission I would say there is every chance the second part of you're post here has a good shot at becoming a reality as well.

I believe Section 31 was formed around the same time as the Federation... so even if they're around in early Enterprise, they're not official or organized yet.