Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

The Gallilo Seven

I loved it when Spock said

"It appears I was mistaken" or something to that effect

The McCoy says:

"Well at least I lived long enough to hear that"

I'm sure the quotes are a little off, but you get the idea

That was a very good TOS episode. A lot of good banter between Spock and McCoy...Very enjoyable..I've always wished we got a better look at the alien creatures that were attacking them down on the planet..Oh well...60s TV..

I vaguely remember this episode... I think it could be one of the few TOS ones I've seen. Is it the one where Spock (and Bones?) are alone a shuttle while the Enterprise flies off, then they manage to make some sort of explosion to make the Enterprise notice them? Hmm... maybe I'm being influenced by "Shuttlepod One".

I vaguely remember this episode... I think it could be one of the few TOS ones I've seen. Is it the one where Spock (and Bones?) are alone a shuttle while the Enterprise flies off, then they manage to make some sort of explosion to make the Enterprise notice them? Hmm... maybe I'm being influenced by "Shuttlepod One".

Well, sort of. Spock, McCoy, and five others are trapped on an inhospitable planet, attacked by very tall, hairy natives, who throw spears and rocks and try to hold the Galileo down. The natives end up killing, I think, two redshirts. With a lot of bickering between commander and crew, Spock ends up saving the rest. To get the Enterprise's attention (she had started to leave, only because she was ordered to!), he fires the engines while in orbit.

So, yes, it's the ep you were thinking of. It's the only TOS one I can think of that remotely matches what you wrote.

And, personally, I think at least one of the survivors needed to be hauled up before a court-martial!

I liked it also. I think they were a little hard on Spock though. I mean really, insisting on a burial with those aliens out there trying to skewer them. And then, why did the crewman just stand there against the rock watching that creature come towards him. They appeared to move awful slowly, he could have made an attempt to get away.

I liked it also.  I think they were a little hard on Spock though.  I mean really, insisting on a burial with those aliens out there trying to skewer them.  And then, why did the crewman just stand there against the rock watching that creature come towards him.  They appeared to move awful slowly, he could have made an attempt to get away.

For all of that crewman's tough talk, when it came down to it he froze. That is why he didn't move while he had the time. His emotions got in the way and he was scared out of his mind! I, too, love this episode. It gives us insight into our very own dear Mr. Spock.

T'Bree

I liked it also.  I think they were a little hard on Spock though.  I mean really, insisting on a burial with those aliens out there trying to skewer them.  And then, why did the crewman just stand there against the rock watching that creature come towards him.  They appeared to move awful slowly, he could have made an attempt to get away.

For all of that crewman's tough talk, when it came down to it he froze. That is why he didn't move while he had the time. His emotions got in the way and he was scared out of his mind! I, too, love this episode. It gives us insight into our very own dear Mr. Spock.

T'Bree

Yes, but when they were burying Guytano(sp?), and the creatures attacked, why did Spock go after that spear and throw it back allowing himself to get trapped in the rocks? Very illogical indeed! :wow:

The sceen would have worked better had Spock actually been hit and injured by the spear, instead of that illogical action by the most logical Spock.

Edited by Big_Steve