Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

How would u rate "Doctors Orders"?

How would u rate "Doctors Orders"?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How would u rate "Doctors Orders"?

I Haven't Even Seen It, But I've Seen The Ads.  Good Lord...They're Ripping Off Themselves, lol

And Yes, The Voyager Episode Was Called "One".

"Night" Was The Season 5 Premire About The Void.

I agree, however I like a spooky kind of Trek even though the story is a recycle one I always enjoy a simi ghost story :lol:

I was thinking that this would have been a better episode for late October rather then mid February.

I gave it an 8. I liked it better than the previous episode. I was nervous about what was real and what was not real...I was on edge.

Click for Spoiler:

My problem in watching this episode is that I had an hour earlier finsihed reading the thread asking whether or not one liked T'pol. So in my mind were TUH's comments about T'pol not being a very good science officer...and she was not helping Phlox and being a terrible science officer! But the ending made sense of it all.

I was not bothered by the fact that it borrowed it's main plot from a Voyager episode because it was given a good context here. They took the most sociable member of the crew, a man from a crowded planet, and had him on the ship alone. This much is analogous to Seven being a former Borg,not used to being alone. But I think this episode gave meat to the comment that Denobulans find some hallucinations "healthy." The T'Pol hallucination helped him keep control and not succumb to the other hallucinations. I also thought the ending where Phlox enjoyed being bumped by a crewman in a crowded mess hall was a nice touch.

Ok, I enjoyed this ep. Maybe it's because I hadn't caught Enterprise for several weeks. I've never seen the Voy ep you are talking about, so for me, the I'm-all-alone-and-it's-haunted thing dated back to TOS.

I

Click for Spoiler:

I did call T'Pol being a hallucination, though. A little obvious, especially by the time she couldn't help with the warp core. I mean, really, even if the Vulcan had lost her concentration, that doesn't stop her from being intelligent! How hard is it to push a few buttons?

Click for Spoiler:

Am I the only one who thought Hoshi looked good in Phlox's hallucination? :hand: I thought she looked great..At first I thought they were going to use it as an excuse to show more skin..I was surprised when Hoshi came out of the shower..

And I never saw that Voyager episode everybody is comparing this episode too..So, the show was good for me..Not the best of the season but a 7..I'm excited about next weeks show..Looks like we get back to the Xindi....

I gave it A 6.

Click for Spoiler:

I enjoyed the Doc and Porthos....the naked scene was fun and Porthos licking the Captain's face..fun for Scott!.I actually jumped when the Doc was looking out the window and something moved outside. Anyway I enjoyed it, but the last two episodes were better. Edited by v_seven

I thought this was an enjoyable episode. Dr. Phlox was great and very funny and I'm glad Porthos finally had some quality screen time.

I don't mind the rehashed story lines, every Star Trek series has had rehashed stories so thats nothing new.

Edited by Klingonmike

It was an awful rip-off of one!!!!!

Is that all you have to say about it? Even if the base plot was the same what did you think of the Enterprise version?..I thought it was an entertianing episode..Certainly not there best episode this season..But still pretty good..

Edited by spacetigger

Man, this is a tough room! Either that, or I am easily amused. Yeah, I remember the Voyager episode, and still found "Doctors Orders" enjoyable. I gave it a 9. Considering that I have to be up at 4 am, and I didn't fall asleep while in bed watching it! I love Dr. Phlox, and it was fun watching T'Pol sort of fall apart. And more Porthos please!

It was an awful rip-off of one!!!!!

I'm not sure whether you are implying that this is good or bad?

If you remember many of TNG's, DS9 and Voyager's episodes can be rooted in stories from earlier Treks, the most important issue is: have they made it individual by taking themes in a different direction?

My answer to that would be 'Yes'.

This was a pretty good episode. It did not reveal anything about the Xindi plot or about the Xindi, but it did develop the Doctor's character a little further. I do have to admit that I was able to figure out that T'Pol was not really with Phlox halfway into the episode.

My vote: 7

:cool:

Maybe I'm a little bit sensitive on the 'rip off of One' stuff. I liked One, it was an interesting study into Seven of Nine's psychology.

I wrote a fan fiction story based on One for Enterprise called Immune, where the crew fall to an illness that Trip is, well, immune to because of a series of molecules left in his system from his Xyrillian pregnancy.

Everyone who's read it has been kind enough to say they liked it a lot. So when I get the chance in the next few days to see Doctor's Orders, I'll probably have a more tolerant eye. :lol:

As for the "rip off" mentions, I seem to remember on TOS Kirk being alone on the fake Enterprise with the girl, and on TNG Crusher being caught in the warp bubble and she was on the Enterprise "alone". I found all episodes good, and it doesn't bother me in the least that they are similar.

I Gave It 9. It Was Really Good Episode....And That Ending... :lol:

But It Didn't Get A 10 Cause The Basic Plot Was Ripped Right From Voyagrer's "One", As I Said Earlier.

Dangerous Space That Affects All The Crew Expect 1, So They All Go Into Stasis To Cross It, Cept That One Person And Said Person Looses Mind.

I thought it was a great episode. I love seeing episodes where we get to see character developement the way we did in "Doctor's Orders".

As for the rip off stuff, doesn't bother me at all. I just like watching star trek, rip off or not.

By the way, everyone else in the mess hall must have thought Phlox crazy since he was talking to himself. I liked the ending too.

I gave it a 5

Click for Spoiler:

It was good but predictable. You can tell that Tpol was not there and even though it did have the same plot as one they did it in a different way so it was still enjoyable. IMHO if it was not plox and they put someone else I don't think it would have been as good. The acto did a great job.

I voted 9

I enjoyed it very much - although the VOY ep came imediatiately on my mind. But the story fits to the Expanse. The ENT crew is lacking of time so for me the plot was logical. And Billingsley did an incredible job!!!

Okay I also have to admit I'm easily to scare. I was biting my lips and at various scenes I had to close my eyes. Yes - I can't stand such movies when

Click for Spoiler:

someone is alone in a house, a spaceship etc.

Phlox naked - I loved it. It was so hilarious.

And when he left the elevator full of fear - I couldn't stop laughing.

Well, I finally got a chance to see Doctor's Orders and I thought it was great fun!

It was thoroughly entertaining from the word go. Sometimes spooky, sometimes funny, just a great fun episode.

Some of you guys are either so harsh on everything that you can't enjoy a thing you see, or you must have had some fantastic TV on in the last week to make you think so poorly of this show.

It was vaguely like 'One'. So what? It was vaguely like the bit in the NT when Jesus goes into the desert for 40 days and is tempted by the devil

It was a thought provoking, fun show. :vbg:

Edited by Trinneergirl

I only voted one because there wasnt a zero. I missed that episode because I've already seen it on Voyager.

I only voted one because there wasnt a zero. I missed that episode because I've already seen it on Voyager.

What?!

You gave a low score, (and say you would have given lower), for a programme that you did not see?

How can you grade it? Other than watching the programme and voting on it's merits or otherwise, you are voting for your own prejudice.

Your loss. You missed a good show.

Why did you vote if you haven't seen the episode? How do you know that it wasn't better than the Voyager episode (which it was IMO)?

I've lost my respect of Phlox because of this episode. Yes folks, the one character I liked was Phlox, but after watching this one, I just wan't very impressed with him at all. Billingsley is a mighty impressive character actor but Phlox is hardly inspirational. I found the entire episode, dull and unintelligent. The pacing was way off, and about the only enjoyable thing was teh movie he was watching.

I voted a 7 on the show. But then Phlox is one of my favorite characters. I love it when he grins. That smile makes my day! :biggrin: