Sign in to follow this  
removed

What is the best animated Disney movie ever?

This includes computer animation as well.

Mine is by far The Lion King. It is so powerful. I get shivers every time I watch it.

I think it is impossible to choice just one! My favourites include The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lady and the Tramp and on and on. If the Pixar movies that Disney co-produced are included then add Toy Story 1 and 2, Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo to the list.

I honestly don't know if I can say. I've never seen the Lion King, it's still in the shrink wrap!!! I need time to watch it. But so far let's see.... Lady and the Tramp was by far my fave when I was little, but I'm a big fan of all the Pixar stuff now. Monsters, Inc., Nemo... Toy Story II is probably my fave, at the moment. I love the music in Beauty and the Beast, though. LOL, when I was little I called it "Beauty and the Beastie! :assimilated::laugh:

Edited by t'mir

I honestly don't know if I can say. I've never seen the Lion King, it's still in the shrink wrap!!! I need time to watch it. But so far let's see.... Lady and the Tramp was by far my fave when I was little, but I'm a big fan of all the Pixar stuff now. Monsters, Inc., Nemo... Toy Story II is probably my fave, at the moment. I love the music in Beauty and the Beast, though. LOL, when I was little I called it "Beauty and the Beastie! :assimilated:  :laugh:

You have the Lion King and have never watched it?? I HIGHLY recommend it. Plucks the heart-strings.

I love the Gaston song from Beauty and the Beast! And Beastie? That's how you pronounce my username!! :assimilated: Lol.

You have the Lion King and have never watched it?? I HIGHLY recommend it. Plucks the heart-strings.

I love the Gaston song from Beauty and the Beast! And Beastie? That's how you pronounce my username!!  :laugh:  Lol.

Then I totally will find time to see it ASAP.

I know you're Beastie!! When I saw your profile I laughed because it reminded me of Beauty and the Beast! lol

Hmm i guess lion king i took my little sister to see it at the movies

she loved.. :)

I'm a soppy old romantic, Beauty and the Beast and Pocahontas are my favorites B) I really like Disney movies they are so well animated and always have good stories. My niece is three :) and well into Snow White i think she must have watched it a hundred times, Disney films really are timeless ;)

Lion king

Beauty and the beast

Little Mermaid

Finding Nemo

TOy story

::mind boggles::

:)

Finding Nemo by far. I lost count of how many times I laughed during that movie. Dory has to be the best Disney character ever. B) I also liked Mulan. I was asleep on the sofa over the Christmas holidays and woke up to find it on; it really captured my attention. I also loved the Little Mermaid. :) Probably my favourite when I was little. Hercules is good too... heck, they all have their moments. ;)

Thanks, bysty. :)

There are alot of good ones on there, but I'll narrow it down. For a purely Disney movie, I'll say Lion King, with Aladdin in second. However, I like it most when they team up with Pixar (I have Bug's Life, TStory1, TStory2 :lol: ).

Guest Ktrek

As in my profile you would find that I am a BIG Disney fan! I have loved every major Disney animated ever released. Direct to video is another story. They are often hit and miss. I collect the Disney animateds and have every one they have released on DVD including what shorts they have done and what has not been released I still have on VHS in the interim.

That said I have to say that picking one favorite is very hard. BUT I think I would choose "Snow White". The very first full length animated ever! I love the beautiful animation and the songs in this classic. Who could not enjoy hearing Snow White sing "I'm Wishing"? or the Prince singing "One Love"? huh? Disney has done a really fine job in the Special Edition DVD. The colors are better than I remember them at the theater. I wasn't even born yet when this movie came out but I remember seeing it at the theater at a very young age.

My next favorite is "The Lion King". This was the peak of the Disney rennaissance starting with "The Little Mermaid" and they have been trying to duplicate the success since. Unfortunately they have recently closed their 2-D animation department and the last we will ever see from them is the upcoming "Home On The Range". They are moving to all computer animation from now on. Lion King 1 1/2 is also well worth it for anyone who loves the Lion King story.

I also think that their "Pocahontas" and "Hunchback of Notre Dame" are worthy films. Pocahontas has some of the most beautiful coloring and a heart warming story. As does Hunchback.

Computer animateds I have to say that "Nemo" is the best looking of all them but "Toy Story" will never lose it's charm. Dinosaur is also especially moving and beautiful.

Ktrek

My next favorite is "The Lion King". This was the peak of the Disney rennaissance starting with "The Little Mermaid" and they have been trying to duplicate the success since. Unfortunately they have recently closed their 2-D animation department and the last we will ever see from them is the upcoming "Home On The Range". They are moving to all computer animation from now on. Lion King 1 1/2 is also well worth it for anyone who loves the Lion King story.

WHAT????????

NOOO!!!! I love the hand-drawn movies. How could they do this??? This is what Disney is built on!! And Home on the Range looks pretty bad, and I love Disney movies. And how could they do it without Pixar? They just won't be as good. ARGH!!! DISNEY EXECUTIVES ARE MORONS!