Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

Enterprise Bashing:

How do "Enterprise Bashers" make you feel?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How do "Enterprise Bashers" make you feel?

• I DON'T MIND their opinion, but it ANNOYS me.
    • I DO MIND their opinion, and it ANNOYS me.
    • I DON'T MIND their opinion, and it DOESN'T ANNOY me.
    • They should NOT be allowed to bash Enterprise at STF.N!
    • I AM an "Enterprise Basher" and proud of it!
    • I'm sitting on the fence for this one.

If an Enterprise basher is someone that hates the show and wants everyone to know about it then they don't belong here.  It's a difficult line to draw - Star Trek attracts an audience that is pretty intelligent and inquisitive and therefore opinions are bound to differ.  There is no way any show is going to perfect for everybody but that sort of discussion is great and I have certainly had my thoughts altered and stimulated by boards like this one. I can't understand the mentality of anyone who would want to come to a place like this just to find people to pick on. It's a sad reflection of why Gene Roddenberry's vision for the future of humanity will probably prove to be a misguided one.

AMEN!!! :assimilated::laugh::assimilated:

For those who hate "Bashers" let me say this;

We are Star Trek fans, just like you are. we are part of the same side regardless of ouropinions over any one show. There is already too much hate in the world right now, not to mention violence and other atrocities committed around the world each and every day.

Compared to some of the worst acts of hatred against people, namely Saddam's treatment of his own people or Hitler and his treatment of the Jews, or Al Quaeda and their atrocities against the American people, hating someone for their views over a television show would seem somewhat trivial.

Messageboards are designed for discussion between people, and moderators are here to ensure that discussions remain as civilised as possible, while making sure that both sides are able to freely express themselves in a respectful way.

This very thread is a testiment to that in itself by the discussion of another point of view in the hope that we can come to an understanding of another way of thinking - and even if we don't, at the very least, we should all learn to let live.

Personally i don't bash the show.I Bash the writers beacuse of the lame and often times recycled storylines.The Producers for the out of touch special effects and the characters who seem one-dimentional..Never the Show. On the other hand (not to seem condradictory) I like watching it sometimes beacuse it is Trek.I often share my opinions in an open conversation.It does annoy me when people think the show is either rubbish or Great and don't give me a reason why.Then get annoyed when i voice my opinion.I thought Voyager was lame for awile but then it got really good.I keep my hope in the show(i signed the petition) because after all it is Trek.And Trek is good :)

Edited by TransporterMalfunction

I don't mind the opinion, but it does happen to get back to the producers that fans aren't happy and so they think of cancelling.

I was always taught "got nothing good to say, don't say it at all"

Which is daft, but understandable.

But I won't stop anyone from saying something or dis them for their opinion either.

I don't mind their opinion, and it doesn't annoy me, either. The can feel that way if they want to, but they're missing a great show, imo. I can relate because there are actually a couple ST series that I don't really like either.

We as trek fans have to give it a chance. Let it run it's course. let it link to the other shows as they have all done

But they DON'T EVER miss the show. They tune in every week with their little pads of paper and pens, they screw their faces into an evil look so ANYTHING they might FIND ENJOYABLE wont be seen. After all the nitpicking notes have been taken they then head off to the message boards to throw their bashing parties. Imo of course.

Edited by Alterego

Screw Neilsen rateings who the hell is he anyway. we watch ENTERPRISE

I hate it when people go into rate this episode, and just write "Enterprise sucks" and such things like that. Just as KM said don't watch it if you don't like it. There are some things in Enterprise that ticked me off as were there things in TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT. I watch for the story not for the timeline as a lot of people do.

I've no problem with bashers as I'm all for freedom of speech. If I see a post I don't like, I skip it. :lol:

Bashers only become a problem for me when they try to convince people not to watch the show, scare off new comers, and try to get my favorite show cancelled. :hand:

Bashers only become a problem for me when they try to convince people not to watch the show, scare off new comers, and try to get my favorite show cancelled. :hand:

These are imo their goals. They don't care that some of us like it, they only want their wishes to granted dispite how them getting their way will make others feel.

These are imo their goals. They don't care that some of us like it, they only want their wishes to granted dispite how them getting their way will make others feel.

Yes, they are very selfish. :lol:

The opinion of not liking Enterprise doesn't bother me, but a few of the people who have that opinion do. Notice again that I said, "a few". If you can state it tactfully, like those on this board, feel free. However, if they state their opinion in a way that condescends anyone who disagrees with that opinion, no thanks. I don't even enjoy tolerating people who do that even if they're on MY side in a debate. :lol:

Honestly, though, I think most ENT "bashers", really do like the show! I mean, c'mon!, how could you watch a show week after week if you feel it doesn't deserve to be on tv!??! What do I think they do? I think they just enjoy the attention they get from having an opposing viewpoint or for just having something to complain about. They decide, before the episode even comes on that it deserves a "0", and spend the entire hour looking for ways to defend that position.

Even with Stewey,,, I like you; you seem like a nice guy. However, you can tell me you hate Enterprise til the cows come home and I still wont believe you. :lol: :)

What doesn't make sense to me, and maybe this was stated earlier, is those people who bash Enterprise every week. talking about how much this episode sucked. if it sucks, why watch?

What doesn't make sense to me, and maybe this was stated earlier, is those people who bash Enterprise every week. talking about how much this episode sucked. if it sucks, why watch?

But why worry, it's not like we dominate the forum. ?

That's true, but you didn't answer his question. If you don't like it, why do you watch it? :blink:

That's true, but you didn't answer his question. If you don't like it, why do you watch it? ;)

I live in a free country ;)

That's true, but you didn't answer his question. If you don't like it, why do you watch it? :)

I live in a free country :)

So do I, but you're still avoiding the question. ;)

If you don't like ENT, why do you watch it? To me, watching a show that I don't like would be like inflicting unneccessary bordom unto myself. ;)

I don't think it is necessary to justify my reasons for watching anymore that it is necessary for you to do the same. I think sticking to the subject of discussion the show is better for all of us. ;)

I told you guys, he likes ENT. ;) There's no doubt in my mind.

Anyways, if he doesn't want to answer, we shouldn't gang up on him. I guess we should get back on topic.

...what is the topic anyway? ;)

Oh wait, this IS on topic! Oh well.

I don't think it is necessary to justify my reasons for watching anymore that it is necessary for you to do the same. I think sticking to the subject of discussion the show is better for all of us. ;)

I'm not asking you to justify anything. I'd just like to know why you like to watch ENT. Why are you so reluctant to tell us?

I dont mind their opinon but I would prefer that if one must express their distaste for the show they should do it in a mature manner. Which means stating your reasons for disliking it and not flaming those who do.

you realise, Stewey, that by WATCHING enterprise, you help keep it on the air.

and by the way, I respect your right to have an opinion, and as a Sergeant in the Marine Corps, I will defend your right to have one, no matter how,,,hmm, what's a kind word? misguided I find it.

Edited by hardcharginsarge

I myself am an occasional ENT basher - lord knows I did a lot during the first two seasons of ENT - to me Archer was uninspiring as a leader - he lacked Kirks directness and Picards intelligence - and as a result the show has suffered because there is no Spock or McCoy or Data/Troi/Riker etc to carry a weak member of the cast.

Ever since they have entered the Delphic Expanse though things are slightly different I actually look forward to it but I do have some questions - Who are the Xindi why is it there is no mention of them prior to this and why doesn't Archer just go to Ensign Daniel's quarters and pick it apart - there is bound to information there that will be useful.

They still need to make Archer more of a leader - even though he is in uncharted territory - he is a leader of men and must lead by example - not by what seems like dithering.

There is room for improvement but it needs time and it would seem UPN's patience is running low especially as viewing figures appear to be poorer than expected.

Guest Ktrek

If by "basher" you mean someone who no matter what finds fault with ENT then I am one who doesn't mind it but it annoys me. I do not mind someone posting reviews of episodes and pointing out inconsistencies or whatnot but I do get annoyed when people star threads like "Enterprise should be canceled" or "Berman and Bragga should be shot". Those type of threads are unproductive and only display the arrogancy and immaturity of the basher. If they could see themselves as others see them I think they would hide their heads in shame.

However, on this board I have seen very little of that. The official Star Trek website has a lot of bashers or what others prefer to call "trolls" or "trollers". Why people Troll boards is a mystery. I guess they just have a lot of time to waste on things they hate.

I have not liked every episode of ENT. I have found things within the episodes themselves that annoy me. However, if I do have a negative comment or two I always try to balance it by things I found good with the show. Some people think that this world would be better off without ENT but really what they are saying is that this world would be better off without Trek currently on TV. If they are burned out on Trek and do not like the show I wish they would just stop watching it. There are many other options to watch on TV. Why waste what precious little time you have watching a TV show you hate. Find one you could love and support it instead but don't bash us who love Trek and would rather have a mediocre Trek show on TV than no Trek show at all! In all the vsat wasteland of TV Star Trek is and always has been the best and most intelligent show out there. Even at it's worst!

Thanks for listening!

Ktrek