Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Feline Starfleet Officers

I just finished watching Star Trek IV :The Voyage Home again..What a great movie..I never get tired of seeing it..Anyway.At the end of the movie at Starfleet Headquarters we see what appears to be a Feline alien in a Starfleet uniform..Does anybody know any info about this race? I know they really have never been featured in any episode or movie..Perhaps they are the same race as M'ress from TAS ?..I'm just curious about this..I mean, look at my avatar! :rolleyes:

I guess nobody knows anything about this alien feline race. I'm not surprised really..They were never featured in any episode or movie. I was wondering if anybody has a screen shot they could share with me..It's the scene at the end of ST:IV in Starfleet Headquarters..My Feline Starfleet officer is talking with an Andorian I believe..I've been searching the internet for that pic and have been unable to locate it..I'll keep searching...

A feline dancer can also be seen in ST-5.  I'd love to see them as a recurring race in ENT! :lol:

That's true CJLP..I wonder if they are the same race..They would be a good addition to Enterprise...Here's to hoping..

I guess nobody knows anything about this alien feline race. I'm not surprised really..They were never featured in any episode or movie. I was wondering if anybody has a screen shot they could share with me..It's the scene at the end of ST:IV in Starfleet Headquarters..My Feline Starfleet officer is talking with an Andorian I believe..I've been searching the internet for that pic and have been unable to locate it..I'll keep searching...

I was going to do some research on it but I've been in the hospital with a friend all day. I'll see if I can find any info on them later tonight. :lol:

This alien species is mentioned in the book "Worlds Of The Federation." I have this book out on loan. As soon as I get it back, I will get the information to you.

:cool:

Correct Lt Van Roy.

The species is called the Cait (Caitians). They were first introduced in TAS. Worlds Of The Federation has the following information about them. Please note that there is no official Star Trek data to corroborate the following information.

Worlds Of The Federation, Page 38-39

Federation Catalogue Name: Cait

Indigenous Name: Ferasa

Order Of UFP Admission: 12

Primary Star: 15 Lyncis

Planetary Classification: M

Number Of Moons: 2

Cait is the second planet of twelve orbiting a moderate-sized yellow star. It is the only habitable planet in its system and has two moons, Rea and Sura.

The native Caitians are a distinctly feline race, and it is believed that they are the descendants of an ancient Kzinti colonization group. They are bipedal, with a thick orange mane, long tail, and large golden eyes that provide excellent low-light vision. The Caitian language consists of multiple soft tones, spoken with a deep, purring resonance; this style of communication makes it difficult for the Caitians to adapt to phonetic languages.

Caitians have excellent hearing, with a frequency range far beyond that heard by normal humanoids. For this reason, most Caitians who enter Starfleet specialize in communications and sonic sciences.

Unlike the Kzinti, the Caitian race is not hostile in nature. Their reputation as one of the most cooperative and intelligent members of the Federation makes Caitian crew members much sought-after throughout Starfleet.

The asteroid belt that lies between the fifth and sixth planets of the Caitian system is an abundant source of ores and valuable minerals, not the least of which is dilithium. Orbital refining platforms within the belt provide a large percentage of the dilithium crystals used in that area of Federation space

That's great info..Thanks shadowfigment..Too bad we never saw much of this race..Only in TAS really..

hey Spacetigger, check out these links...

http://www.geocities.com/caitian_tourist/

http://www.star-fleet.com/library/races/caitian.html

http://www.freewebs.com/usspegasus/Races/Caitians.htm

http://www.limitless.org/~meerkat/ats/c_intro.html

http://www.ucip.org/map/RacePlanet/Cait.html

There were more but I figured these should be enough to get you started (if you need more just do a MSN websearch withe the kewword caitian.) Looks like they are a very beloved Trek species :lol: I thought the one in ST5 was great.

WoooHooo! Thanks AE..Lots of good info and I found the pic I was looking for. This was at the very end of ST:IV at Starfleet Headquarters..Pretty cool..It may be time to change my signature pic..!!

007A.jpg