Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What is our best course of action

I don't visit a lot of other sites so I'm not sure how everyone is taking the threat of cancellation. Who is the best target for our letter writing campaign.

Should we consider writing to the SciFi channel and asking them to buy out ENT. I'm not sure all the actors would want that. In shows like Stargate and Andromeda the main actor was also involved in producing - not the same with ENT. So what is everyone doing?

I think that Enterprise is also one of UPN's if not the highest rated show that network has. I think it appears to be doing well and plan to watch 7 seasons of it.

1. Write to Leslie Moovnes, who is President of CBS & UPN. We need to let him know just how many people actually watch Star Trek: Enterprise.

2. Write to Paramount and suggest moving the show to syndication where TNG & DS9 thrived, or to the SCI-FI channel where Stargate SG-1 is a huge success.

Personally, I'm going to do both if they actually consider cancelling ENT.

Oh man, I'll definately write. Cripes, it's not like UPN exactly has so much going for it in the first place. So what is their problem with the show? Is it costly to produce? Why cancel?

I'll write too. and its the the only show I watch on UPN since they cancelled

Jake 2.0....it was mindless entertainment and I like it...it was like a modern day Six Million Dollar Man. :wow:

I was blithely under the impression that cancellation was not an option since the show has really picked up this season in terms of ratings. However I was a bit concerned by a comment Dominic Keating made on a recent chat on startrek.com which seemed to hint that everything was still up in the air.

Unicorn Hunter here are a couple of addresses I have used which I took from quite a list posted if my memory serves me correctly by Moulin Rouge - I'm sure a PM to Moulin would get you more information.

Mr Eric Kim

Director of Programming

United Paramount Network

11800 Wilshire Blvd

Los Angeles

CA 90025

Mr Earl Lester

President

Paramount Studios Group

c/o Paramount Pictures

5555 Melrose Avenue

Los Angeles

CA 90038-3197

What if between the end of this season and the start of the next we have a "Three Years Later" jump into the future? Just get the storytelling into the events dissers really want to see then perhaps they’d hush up and watch it?

All pertinent addresses are at http://www.triphammered.com/support.shtml

If you write a letter to no one else, Mr. Eric Kim, director of programming is the person to whom to write a snail mail letter in terms of UPN retaining Enterprise. Ostroff and Moonves don't give a damn. I wouldn't waste my time. Also, the CEO of Paramount is a good person to whom to write. Paramount and UPN are not the same entities. Paramount could shop for another network for ENT. Evay has also listed all the sponsors who have played commercials during ENT. Writing sponsors (since money is the name of the game) is a VERY, VERY, VERY good idea.

Thanks for the addresses, I have all the information I need to encourage UPN to make the correct decision and cancel Enterprise for the sake of Trek. :assimilated:

Edited by Stewey

Thanks for the addresses, I have all the information I need to encourage UPN to make the correct decision and cancel Enterprise for the sake of Trek. :assimilated:

Why would you do such a thing? If you don't like it, don't watch it ! Why ruin it for everyone else ?!

Because that's the way Stewey is. That is something he would do and that is exactly the kind of negative, nasty comment he has made non stop without fail on the Trek BBS for the past THREE YEARS. He has never let up, and he never will. He has never graded an ENT episode above a D+--and I do mean never--and he will continue to come here without fail to make negative comments. He loathes ENT yet he follows it with a passion and makes comments that bring everyone else down. He will not change. I'm extremely upset that he's here. He gets off on this. He sought out another Trek board so that he could make more negative comments that he knows upsets people.

Mods, it's your call of course but this is all we will ever get from Stewey. Be ready for it. Ruining it for eveyone else is what he enjoys. On second thought, I think Trineergirl had the right idea after all. I'm taking a break.

Edited by MoulinRouge

Why would you do such a thing? If you don't like it, don't watch it ! Why ruin it for everyone else ?!

Why should I allow Enterprise to ruin trek for everybody else?

Because that's the way Stewey is.  That is something he would do and that is exactly the kind of negative, nasty comment he has made non stop without fail on the Trek BBS for the past THREE YEARS.  He has never let up, and he never will.  He has never graded an ENT episode above a D+--and I do mean never--and he will continue to come here without fail to make negative comments.   He loathes ENT yet he follows it with a passion and makes comments that bring everyone else down.  He will not change.  I'm extremely upset that he's here.    He gets off on this.   He sought out another Trek board so that he could make more negative comments that he knows upsets people.

Take your greivences about my alledged bahavoiur on another BBS to that BBS' complaints procedure instead of this BBS' complaints procedure. Also, try to quit with the personal remarks and stay on topic, thanks :assimilated:

Edited by Stewey

I doubt very much that an untimely end for Enterprise would be positive for Star Trek's future. Anyway, I though that Enterprise was doing well in the ratings so why all the doom and gloom?

if you look at the demographics of WHO WATCHES Enterprise, you will see why it won't get cancelled. Star Trek series' have always drawn a crowd that has, on average as compared with most audiences, a higher education level. UPN could boast that it's viewers are the smartest viewers just simply from the Star Trek: Enterprise fan base.

Why waste your time? Its not going to be cancelled. Its the best thing on UPN and they are not giving that up. I don't know what your problem is but Enterprise is every bit as good as TOS,TNG,DS9 and Voyager. You are probably one of those bashers that did not like the idea of going back in time in the first place and therefore refuse to accept it no matter how good it is and get your cheap thrills out of bashing the show.

At the end of its 7th season you can expect an audio e-mail from me, it'll just be the sound of me laughing at you.

Why waste your time? Its not going to be cancelled. Its the best thing on UPN and they are not giving that up. I don't know what your problem is but Enterprise is every bit as good as TOS,TNG,DS9 and Voyager. You are probably one of those bashers that did not like the idea of going back in time in the first place and therefore refuse to accept it no matter how good it is and get your cheap thrills out of bashing the show.

At the end of its 7th season you can expect an audio e-mail from me, it'll just be the sound of me laughing at you.

If its a waste of time, then you shouldn't be worrying about it. :assimilated:

I was just offering friendly advice about wasting your time. But if you want to waste it go ahead, I know it won't do any good so I'm ok with it.

Theres no need for me to write. Enterprise will not be cancelled and I look forward to seeing all 7 seasons

I sure hope you are right. Enterprise is the only Star Trek I am getting from television right now and I would be heartbroken if it were cancelled.

And the DVD season sets are so expensive.

I was just offering friendly advice about wasting your time. But if you want to waste it go ahead, I know it won't do any good so I'm ok with it.

I'm so glad we can agree to live and let live.

I think this adds to a much better atmosphere in the forum. :lol:

Edited by Stewey