Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

Whatever happened to the Borg?

Well, as we all know, or should know, in First Contact Picard destroyed the Borg Queen. Now I was wondering, what happened to the rest of the Borg. Like in the Delta Quadrant. Did they all get severed from the collective, did the cubes explode, or was their some sort of backup Queen? Any theorys or rumers?

Well, as we all know, or should know, in First Contact Picard destroyed the Borg Queen. Now I was wondering, what happened to the rest of the Borg. Like in the Delta Quadrant. Did they all get severed from the collective, did the cubes explode, or was their some sort of backup Queen? Any theorys or rumers?

The Borg rely on the Queen to help manage the collective. But she is not 100% vital to them.

When the Queen is not controling the collective, the Collective controlls themself. When the Queen left for earth in 2373, we see the Borg fending for themself in Voyager, they continue doing their job seeking perfection & found fluidic space.

But circumstances causes a war to be unleashed. Without a Queen, the Collective have to rely on themself to fight this species. When Voyager met the Borg at that time, they are talking to the Collective, since there's no Queen there to talk to.

Later Janeway convinced them to have an individual to be the contact between the collective & Voyager. A temporary Queen if you may. :andorian:

After both "Scorpion" & "ST:FC" is over, a new Queen is recreated after the death of the one at Sector 001. After finished being recreated she then realizes the current situation at home. & once realized about 7 of 9, she plans to retake her later to learn what she has learned as an individual.

In other words:

There are replacements for dead Queens, there may be 100s of Queens died in the past before meeting the Federation. & also the collective can survive even without the Queen for a while.

The reason the drones died in ST:FC is because they are at close proximity with her, when she dies they all experiances what she does & dies together. While those Drones far away who have time to cut off their link before experianceing the same thing, will survive & live on.

:borgqueen:

just for the sake of postage i will add that the program within the collective memory is called the "royal protocol" it gives detailed instructions on how to control the collective it is simply downloaded into the memory of whatever borg is "queen" at the time

also there are more then one queens functional at one time...

because it would be to stressfull to manage the thoughts of every single borg dron the managment works like this

SUPER Queen (lives beyond the galactic border)

gives orders to:

normal queens

gives orders to:

adjunct leaders

gives orders to:

individual drones

this is the collectives mentallity... they all can communicate but this is the command structure!

Borg=Microsoft?

I dunno but I'm seeing some scary connections, If my logon screen says prepare to be assimilated I'm heading for the hills. :)

just for the sake of postage i will add that the program within the collective memory is called the "royal protocol" it gives detailed instructions on how to control the collective it is simply downloaded into the memory of whatever borg is "queen" at the time

also there are more then one queens functional at one time...

because it would be to stressfull to manage the thoughts of every single borg dron the managment works like this

SUPER Queen (lives beyond the galactic border)

gives orders to:

normal queens

gives orders to:

adjunct leaders

gives orders to:

individual drones

this is the collectives mentallity... they all can communicate but this is the command structure!

Wasn't that in The Farther Shore???

they didn't have any Cubes in the A. Quadrant to begin with, lol

but they got few in the Beta not sure about the Gamma though. But they are swarming in the Delta.

:roflmao:

Only for exploring or recon duties :roflmao:

Oh & investigating the "human mystery" that they receive a message about from their future self. :roflmao:

hence the assimilation on the Federation Outposts in the Neutral Zone.

:roflmao:

other then that, the Borg just roam around the galaxy exploring,but only conecntrating on interesting targets & in the Delta Quadrant mostly. :roflmao:

Since the Borg have a collective intelligence when one of them gets stumped by a brain- twister does that mean they all do? What if they forget where they leave the keys to the Cube, who's going to remember? :roflmao:

Keys? Then the Borg can transport in an out as they want from any locations, F. ex. a Cube, they don't need keys.

PS.: As I can recall, the doors in Borg-ships and -stations are only at the inside, there are noone on the outside, except for launching doors.

:laugh:

Since the borg do not have shields they can transport pretty easily without worry of the shields going down. However, I suppose they have to let down that thing that prevents transport for a few seconds but still, an enemy would have a hard time sliding in in those couple of seconds

If You read one of the Star trek books, (i cant remember what its called) and it tells you that.. i think its the remainder of the TOS crew and the TNG crew find the borg homeworld and, they blow it up.

Don't really like books, they mostly aint logical in some way because unlike shows, the writer don't have a group of scientist like people to confirm whether some things can be done or not, or how things can be done.

Anyway, what's destroying 1 planet going to do?

The Borg lost over 8 planets & that hasn't stoped them, neither would the fall of Unimatrix 01.

Their homeworld must be very old by now, i don't think it holds any "sentlementle value" at all to the Borg & especially since they got tons of other worlds & not to mentioned living in space in their unicomplexes.

:tribble:

Since the borg do not have shields they can transport pretty easily without worry of the shields going down. However, I suppose they have to let down that thing that prevents transport for a few seconds but still, an enemy would have a hard time sliding in in those couple of seconds

227141[/snapback]

I read some of that book. I don't remember the name of the book, but I do remember that William Sharter wrote it. I really don't like any of the books that he has written. It is too much of an ego trip for me. Some may like, but I don't. I don't like how Data is depicted in his books.

The title is "Star Trek: The Return" odie. I think they might be in hybernation myself, they're more like an annoying flu by now to the federation. They can be stoped but every once in a while they get in :tribble:.

126159[/snapback]

Well- in an ordinary ant colony or bee hive, a new queen always comes about to replace the one that has died, assuming that there is enough time and the hive itself is strong enough. I've seen on Discovery channel how sometimes two queens will be bread by mistake and they end up fighting one another to the death...winner take all.

I always wondered if they'd use that as a plot device in Voyager or one of the Star Trek films. Imagine one queen trying to ally itself with the Federation in exchange for some sort of treaty....could've been damn good. :lol:

Edited by Validus

Captain Janeway did what picard didn't do, whupped them with intelect and muscle.

Nah they were made a joke by poor ineffective writing and lacklustre imaginations.

they were made a joke by poor ineffective writing and lacklustre imaginations.

Absolutely.

I think the Borg started to become ridiculous when that TNG episode "I, Borg" introduced "Hugh".

I used to be afraid of the borg (gimme a break I was 9 for crying out loud) now I think I could topple the whole Borg with my pinkie.

The only imaginative story I heard is available only in audio book, based on a game, called BORG, by Hilary Bader. It rocked and featured John De Lancie as Q it really had some imagination.

basically I hope her actions screw up on future humans and they get their asses whupped to make up for crap voyagers treatment of them (sry)

If I was involved creatively on a future Star Trek series or project, I'd get the Borg back on track.

They'd be more dangerous and sinister than ever before and legitimately scary as villains.

If I was involved creatively on a future Star Trek series or project, I'd get the Borg back on track.

They'd be more dangerous and sinister than ever before and legitimately scary as villains.

339925[/snapback]

Agreed, the Borg lost that a bit didn't they.

You should write a fanfic!

Edited by bluescreen1

Here's another question: did future Janeway's actions in "Endgame" destroy the borg, or just put them out of action for a few years?

339920[/snapback]

One of the writers said that they was only crippled, not destroyed in Endgame, so they will be back in a few years. :borgqueen:

:lol: