Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

10,000 POSTS

As you may have noticed startrekfans.net has reached an amazing milestone – 10,000 posts! In a little under a month since I joined these boards we have had over 8,000 posts and 70 new members! Wow!

Many of us are refugees from the hate and spam of other boards. Startrekfans.net has become a haven to us – a place we can come to share our mutual love for the Trek world, to express opinions and debate without fear of personal attacks and the absence of the vicious and/or ignorant spammers that have created havoc at other sites.

I wanted to take this time to say thanks to VaBeachGuy and Alterego. VBG, the love and hard work that you have put into startrekfans.net are so obvious by the success of the site. We salute you as a fan that has made a difference to Trekdom by giving us a safe refuge to enjoy our mutual passions. Alterego, your love and dedication to startrekfans.net are also obvious. The time and energy spent here is so appreciated. I also want to thank Luvin1stdegree, Xeroc, poguemahone, Master_Q and Celtic_Swimmer who have helped make this site the success that it is. I am very proud to be a fellow moderator at this site.

Of course, a site like startrekfans.net is only as good as its members. Thank you to all of you who have shared your thoughts, opinions and love on all things Star Trek. Without your contributions we would not be celebrating this momentous occasion.

So let’s all raise our glasses in celebration and toast to the next 10,000 posts.

Fireworks-08.gifFireworks-01.gifFireworks-03.gif

I wanted to take this time to say thanks to VaBeachGuy and Alterego.  VBG, the love and hard work that you have put into startrekfans.net are so obvious by the success of the site.  We salute you as a fan that has made a difference to Trekdom by giving us a safe refuge to enjoy our mutual passions.  Alterego, your love and dedication to startrekfans.net are also obvious.  The time and energy spent here is so appreciated. I also want to thank Luvin1stdegree, Xeroc, poguemahone, Master_Q and Celtic_Swimmer who have helped make this site the success that it is. I am very proud to be a fellow moderator at this site.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Takara! Thank you everyone, it's been great. Congratulations and way to go!!

These boards rule!! :o :o

We are growing fast and I hope that we continue to grow a bit more and continue to prosper here at StarTrekFans.net!

And of course it would not have been possible for VABeachGuy. I think we all owe him a thank you for creating this great community!

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Thanks for the nice words, it's heart warming to know that the site has become such a great community. I give all the credit to the 170+ members that have made it such a great place.

I'll continue to work hard to improve the site and help us grow even larger.

Thanks again everyone!

10,000+ postings, unbelievable! :o

:o

Aww shucks! twitch.gif T'werent nutin.

Yall are the real heros! CHEERS! *CHUGS A BEER* AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Here's to the next 10,000, Thank you VBG!

*CHUGS ANOTHER*

This is just SOO great! I can't believe that Startrekfans.net has reached 10000 posts! definately time to celebrate!!! :o

In looking back at the past 43 days, yes it only took 43 days to reach 10,000+ posts, I don't recall any spam at all. There have been a couple "heated" discussions but that happens when people discuss things they are passionate about. The things Takara spoke of in the first posting that take place at other places have not happened here.

Now should we start a guessing game to guess the date of 20,000? :)

I wanted to add my voice to the cheering.

I have been so much happier here that i was at the other board. I know that i am far from alone in that!

I think that you have gone even farther than just created a new community...you have created a new family. and every time we visit this board it is like coming home.

I LOVE IT!

YOU RULE, VBG!

Thanks for all you have done!

Now should we start a guessing game to guess the date of 20,000?  :o

:bow: i dont know about the other boards. this was my first one. i always checked differnet sights out, but i found a link to this one a while back, and the rest as they say is history. i have enjoyed a lot of what i read, and being able to voice my opinions, and love for all things trek. you guys have done a great job in making this possible for people around the world to come together in a single place to talk about what they love. I RAISE MY GLASS IN A TOAST TO THE TWO THAT STARTED IT ALL. HERE HERE, AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER. :laugh: :) :)

CPTWRIGHT

my guess is probably about a month :o

what do we get for being right.lol

I'd say....34 days as we keep on getting new people...

Just out of question, why are all the other topics locked?

I'd say....34 days as we keep on getting new people...

Just out of question, why are all the other topics locked?

If you go into each announcement there is a link to the thread in another section where responses can still be added.

I have been a member of many other boards, but by far this one is the best. I have only been a member for less than a week. But I love it here. I have already found that I can feel free to post any questions or comments that I choose without the feel of receiving ridicule.

Thank you for giving us a place to speak freely!!!!!!!!!

One of the things I have access to is the ability to see exactly how many postings per day there are. In the last 2 days we had 1,072 new postings. Our best 2 day showing so far. It's funny, we had 536 postings both yesterday (the 17th) and today (the 18th). Our best over all day was 540 new postings on April 12th.

As you may have noticed startrekfans.net has reached an amazing milestone – 10,000 posts! In a little under a month since I joined these boards we have had over 8,000 posts and 70 new members! Wow!

Many of us are refugees from the hate and spam of other boards. Startrekfans.net has become a haven to us – a place we can come to share our mutual love for the Trek world, to express opinions and debate without fear of personal attacks and the absence of the vicious and/or ignorant spammers that have created havoc at other sites.

I wanted to take this time to say thanks to VaBeachGuy and Alterego.  VBG, the love and hard work that you have put into startrekfans.net are so obvious by the success of the site.  We salute you as a fan that has made a difference to Trekdom by giving us a safe refuge to enjoy our mutual passions.  Alterego, your love and dedication to startrekfans.net are also obvious.  The time and energy spent here is so appreciated. I also want to thank Luvin1stdegree, Xeroc, poguemahone, Master_Q and Celtic_Swimmer who have helped make this site the success that it is. I am very proud to be a fellow moderator at this site.

Of course, a site like startrekfans.net is only as good as its members.  Thank you to all of you who have shared your thoughts, opinions and love on all things Star Trek. Without your contributions we would not be celebrating this momentous occasion.

So let’s all raise our glasses in celebration and toast to the next 10,000 posts.

Amen to that

Wow thats alot of post, I dont think it will be long untill we reach the 1Million milestone and that will be a great acomplishment. Keep up all the good posts.

When I had originally posted this thread 10,000 was a huge deal for us. Now AE has over 13,000 posts, VBG is closing in on 13,000 and RC is getting close to 10,000 herself.

Sign in to follow this