Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Should they revive TNG?

If you were to revive TNG, how long would it run for? How long before the cast started to get old, ideas started to get repetitive... it's over! When it's over it's over and that's that. You should never flog a tv series to death. Otherwise it will be remembered as that show that got bad. As opposed to going out on a high, where the reputation of the show and what it stands for remains solid. TNG could go on forever someone so desired. But why?

I would only recommend TNG revival if it was set on the Enterprise but had a new captain and new characters and went out on a major limb storyline wise. Maybe keep one or two. I would keep maybe Geordi and B9 or something silly like that, and have cameos with Ambassador Picard, Lwaxanna Troi, Captain Riker and the Titan, etc etc

Well I remember looking forward to seeing a new episode of TNG every time it was on. But now I don't get that feeling anymore. It seems Paramount could've done a much better movie of TNG cast, especially if that was supposed to be their last one. I miss TNG but some things are better off left untouched.

TNG has run it's course. The movies havn't been all that terrfic and I just think it's time to move on. The actors don't have any interest in playing the characters again, and given the writing, another TNG thing would probably ruin the series. Let's just end it and make sure it goes out on top. It was a great series and deserves that much.

At the end of the day there is only so far you can go and so much you can do without going overboard and ruining the whole thing. As much as I wish the opposite, there will come a time when there will be no more star trek related series or films made because they will simply have run out of ideas for plotlines.

It's all well and good trying to start a new series set even further in the future, but you have to remember that the scriptwriters are here in the 21st century and you can only imagine a certain amount before it becomes ridiculous.

Star Trek is an amazing show, and has been throughout all five of its incarnations over the past forty odd years, we just have to accept that (and sorry to sound cliche here) All good things must come to and end.

I was, but I just learned that my former favorite actress Marina Sirtis a liberal. I'm very disappointed in her tremendously.  :P

TNG should NOT be revived, but Im still a Star Trek fan however.

277621[/snapback]

I think we can all safely assume that everyone in Hollywood and the acting world in general are "liberal" ... I'm trying to tune them out when they are talking about anything other than their profession.

As for a TNG revival, I just don't see it. I think that Enterprise needs to hurry up and end (I'm sorry, that show is just awful IMO ... it looks cheesy and I cannot stand that Vulcan chick :P ). Let Trek go away for a while (I can't believe I am saying that!) and then bring back Trek in a new and fresh way. It just feels so much like beating a dead horse right now.

Let Trek go away for a while (I can't believe I am saying that!) and then bring back Trek in a new and fresh way. It just feels so much like beating a dead horse right now.

I agree.

Edited by The King

I can't beleive it but I agrre too, sort of. :) I do like Enterprise. :) Other than that, I just don't know if they should revive TNG or not. Like a lot of people I would like to see what happens on the Titan. Oh, and speaking of the Titan, that would also be a good way to bring Wesley(my favorite character!) back. :) For those of you who have read the "Nemises" book, if you remember, Wesley was back in Starfleet and said he was going to be on the Titan. :)