Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

Should they revive TNG?

No I don't think so as you would not be able to get most of the cast to come back for the work load it takes to make a tv show. It would be nice to see what happens on the Titan though.

Well, they most certainly won't do it, but I like the idea, of course. B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I hope they make a show about the Titan and use some familiar faces like Riker, Troi, Worf and Pulaski. I'm sure Picard would visit the show frequently (how could he resist?).

Stardate:214123.9

As much as I would love to see TNG back again I am going to say no.TNG had a good run and I am satasfied with the series as it was so I think it should be left alone.

Another thing I'd like to add:

STAR TREK isn't your average drama, but a sci-fi show. Most sci-fi shows run for 3-5 years unless they're a big hit like TNG, X-Files, SG-1, and so forth. I think both DS9 & VOY were very lucky to run as long as TNG did. However, look at The X Files for example. It was an excellent series, but it began to get stale in the 7th season. They corrected this by having major cast changes in the 8th & 9th seasons. I think that's what a Trek show needs if it's going to run more than 7 years - change.

However, TNG was brought to an end by it's producers in favor of movies. If TNG had been cancelled after a few years, I'd say yes, but it had a full run, so I say no.

If they were to bring back TNG they would need a new cast, and I like the series as it is and I wouldn't like to see it spoiled by Paramount trying to make more money..

Instead of reviving TNG doing that would be, imo, creating a spin-off of it. TNG cannot be revived in full unless Data was somehow saved but at the moment I don't see that ever happening. Doing a 'Riker and Troi on the Titan' film would not be TNG so things will probably never be the same again. Cheer up! Its not the first time beloved Trek characters have come to an end, I've lived though four series ending.

Using the Titan with one or two familiars would be as good, if not better, the TNG. I just want a series with a ship, in the present, and close to home lol. In other words a NORMAL series.

Why? Enterprise is fresh and new. It's a fantastic show. TNG would fail miserably if it were "revived". It's no longer the late 80's where sci fi was limited and Star Trek was relatively young. There is no place for such a thing on TV. If there was it would be on TV which it clearly is NOT. THINGS END: ACCEPT THAT FACT! :laugh:

Another thing I'd like to add:

STAR TREK isn't your average drama, but a sci-fi show. Most sci-fi shows run for 3-5 years unless they're a big hit like TNG, X-Files, SG-1, and so forth. I think both DS9 & VOY were very lucky to run as long as TNG did. However, look at The X Files for example. It was an excellent series, but it began to get stale in the 7th season. They corrected this by having major cast changes in the 8th & 9th seasons. I think that's what a Trek show needs if it's going to run more than 7 years - change.

However, TNG was brought to an end by it's producers in favor of movies. If TNG had been cancelled after a few years, I'd say yes, but it had a full run, so I say no.

okay to this i wood just like to say that star trek isnt the X-Files.. its Star Trek the greatest sci-fi show in the world.. next i just want to say that the idea is great but it woodnt b the same without the good 'ol NCC 1701D

Unlikely to happen and they'd never get the cast. For one Patrick Stewart would never go for it, he's far too busy at the moment.

I just don't think it would work? Worf would have to give up being ambassador. Riker would still be a 1st officer at like what 50? Being part of Starfleet is being promoted and moving on in rank. How many years can someone be cheif on Engineering. I mean I would love it, it's just not feasible. Maybe if ENT get cancelled we could try another show in the same timeline with another ship. That could contact Admirial Riker in Starfleet. Worf could make some guest appearances as ambassador and B-4 could be an ensign on the ship?

I'm not sure, I loved TNG but the series is over now, maybe we should leave it like that, stick to watching the cast in the movies. Besides, there's no chance all the cast would come back fo a series.

I do not see that really happening (with everything that happened and changed during the events of Nemesis), but it would possibly have been interesting for it to have continued at least a little longer(versus a revival).

Couldn't be done. Patrick Stewart gets paid a bundle to do feature films so they couldn't afford him. Brent Spiner would never agree to the make-up routine that he had during TNG's original run. He preferred doing the movies because it was only a couple of months of spending the time in the make-up chair instead of 9 months while doing the series. LaVar Burton and Jonathan Frakes are both busy enough directing that it would put a considerable crimp in their directing careers to do a series again. Gates McFadden has appeared in two non-Trek movies and guested in two series since TNG ended. She seems to be staying in France to work with her theatre company. That leaves Marina Sirtis and Michael Dorn (who almost didn't do Nemesis because he was insulted over the money offered) to return to a series.

No way. Worf long ago left the Enterprise, Data died, Riker and Troi went on to the Titan. That pretty much leaves Picard, LaForge, and Crusher. It wouldn't be TNG without the whole crew.

Also, I think it's time that they went on to the future. They've covered the 23rd and 24th centuries, and now with Enterprise they've covered the 22nd century. Maybe they should go on to the 25th century. And I also think that they should have non-Federation.Starfleet adventures. That would open up a whole new range of possible plot-lines.