Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

"Enterprise" might be cancelled!

Click here to read the article.

I'm going to get the adresses for both CBS & UPN, let them know that I love to watch ENT Wednesday nights and the repeat on Saturday nights. However, I will also let them know that I will boycott both networks if Leslie Moonves cancel's ENT and will continue to do so till the series is brought back for a 4th season. I encourage all fans to do the same.

EDIT: UPN picked up Roswell for a 3rd season. The president of UPN wanted to order a 4th season, but there was a CBS/UPN merge that led to him being fired and landing Leslie Moonves in charge of UPN. Leslie Moonves decided that Roswell wasn't good enough, thus cancelled the show. I wouldn't be surprised if Leslie cancels ENT. :o

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Guest Mike_Hines01

I've said before and I'll say it again, if they cancel Enterprise I will be one ticked off fan, and they will be getting some nasty letters if they do.

To cancel a trek show would in the end lead to a lot of questions about the future of the trek franchise.

In the last 5 or 6 years the trek franchise has lost viewers ther is no doubt of that. But considering the age of the eldest members can be 60+ is it not surprising there will be some lossage of fans?

New things will always ruffle feathers, but it would have been better to have gone forwards in time and seen the emergence of temporal ships like the ones from future's end etc.

Edited because I can't spell!

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

New things will always ruffle feathers, but it would have been better to have gone forwards in time and seen the emergence of temporal ships like the ones from future's end etc.

If the show tells good stories, why does it matter what time perriod it's set in? Personally, I love the 22nd century way of Trek! :lol:

I watch it occasionally, I don't like it that much, but I still don't wish for it to be cancelled for the reasons stated above, it could put the future of Star Trek in Jeopardy, and that would not be good

You know what? If they cancel the show UPN will for sure go under. They don't get much viewership as it is. And cancel Enterprise and there will be a lot of massively pissed of Trekkies.

i dont like ent that much but i odnt think they shold cancel it, there are shows ont eh air with worse ratings that have been playing longer, i think we should all put in some effort to save our trek, cuz if they cancel ent we may never see any new startrek stuff on air ever again. ;)

:lol: this is going to be a big battle between the trek and the tv stations.. hey any one want to write death threats, cuz im sure if we had a couple ppl doing that to the ppl at the same time as we protested on the streets in a mad raging army to S.O.T (save our trek) we are sure to win! ;) im ready to go as far as sleeping in a tent out side the station building.. any one up for sleeping on cold cement with me? no? yes? how far are you guys willing to go to SAVE OUR TREK!?

i can se it no, crowds of trekkies chanting sot sot sot sot! hehe *eyes glaze over and drifts into a hopeless daydream* :hug:

Edited by ensign_ro

Well, I say if UPN cancels Enterprise they should just syndicate Enterprise and continue to produce it. I see no reason to cancel a series that is just beginning to hits its stride.

There is also no knowing what the future can hold for a series. I mean, take MASH as an example. In its first year it barely ranked in the top 50 in TV ratings. Yet, when the final episode aired 77% of people watching TV were watch the MASH finale. Will this hold true for all series, of course not but it just goes to show you that you can never tell what will happen.

And yet, there may even be an advantage to having the series cancelled early. TOS was cancelled ahead of its time and went on to have a mostly successful run in movies. This could signify a 'genesis effect' for Star Trek (but I hope Star Trek fares better than the Genesis planet :lol: )

I got these addresses from "Satellite Direct".

UPN

11800 Wilshire Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA 90025

(310) 575-7000

CBS

51 W. 52nd St.

New York, NY 10019

(212) 975-4321

I signed our on-line petition, and I'm darn sure gonna send a letter, and I'll definitely boycot UPN & CBS if Ent. is cancelled - and I'll let them know I'm boycotting by writing & telling them! Heck, I'll probably write to Paramount if I can find where I put the address.

I meant ENT is the only remaining show generating a lick of viewers, without ENT UPN has NOTHING left to attract viewers. Jake 2.0 might have kept them afloat without ENT but they axed it, they axed the #2 show so what chance would UPN have to remain in business if they also ax ENT? None imo.

I don't know... I never watch them. If ENT goes I will then have NO reason to EVER tune into UPN.

Not me. I still have re-runs of The Jeffersons and syndicated re-runs of Stargate SG-1. However, that won't help UPN since both shows are on my local UPN and neither show is produced nor owned by UPN. ;)

Doesn't that wrestling show and the black comedies get higher ratings than ENT? :ph34r:

Yes, wrestling gets UPN its highest ratings each week, but I don't think their comedy block does nearly as well (Parkers, One on One, All of Us, Eve, Half and Half, etc). I used to read nightly ratings every day, but lately I haven't had the time. Based on my past information though, the only shows that consistently rate higher than ENT on UPN are wrestling and America's Next Top Model.