Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

[S] Horizon 16.04

Now I've just seen the new episode Horizon, and I thought it was great! One of the best so far!

Finally you can get to know Mayweather a little better, maybe they will use him a bit more from now on..

The story was good, however i would have liked a little better follow-up on T'Pol watching the Frankenstein movie, I would have loved it if she would have been frightened and screamed or something.. :blink:

yes, it was a great episode. i especially loved the musical score. it was the best one i have heard on the show yet. i kind of reminded me at some parts of the khan theme in the wrath of khan.

EEEKKK!!! I missed ENT! :blink: Oh well, luck me, UPN has an ENT encore Saturday nights, an hour after SG-1! YEA!!! :P

Anywho, on a scale of 1-10, how was tonight? Was there a lot of Travis development and such? Please, no spoilers! :D

yes, it was a great episode. i especially loved the musical score. it was the best one i have heard on the show yet. i kind of reminded me at some parts of the khan theme in the wrath of khan.

Click for Spoiler:

Ok lets begin a long and ranting post. Yes I agree the musical score was very well done. It was especially awesome when the cargo ship and the pursing ship dropped out of warp. Story wise, it was kind of what I had expected. Very emotional in the beginning (which I actually liked for a change). Predictable that Travis would have to prove himself. I think the actor that played Paul did a good job and his mother was well played too. Oh yea, lets not forget that Anthony Montgomery did a decent job also. I am semi-impressed with this episode. Could have been better....could have been worse. Hard to follow up on an episode like "Judgement." However, there was enough Archer/T'Pol action to feed a thread for a week on Archer's "dating" inference. Geezz...why oh why?!

Overall.....I'll rate this episode a 6 out of 10.

Definite 10 for me, I wasn't expecting this episode to be so powerfull (performance and music wise.) I like it better then Judgement. Not that Judgement was bad, but I found connecting with Horizon more.

This was a very good episode,and parts of it had my eyes almost water up.It good to see a Travis episode and I agree the actors who played the brother and mother were great!

yes i thought it was a pretty good episode as well. right up with the better episodes.

an hour after SG-1!  YEA!!! :o

Anywho, on a scale of 1-10, how was tonight?

by the way when is Stargate SG-1 on, on saturday nights. is it sci fi or a local channel for you. and to answer your question, i would give it a solid 7. not great, but good.

This episode was okay about a 6; I guess I like more action. There were some good character scenes - Archer and Travis, Trip and T'Pol

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the scene when T'Pol told Dr. Phlox they could stop the movie if it was interrupting him. In fact several of her "looks" she gave other crew members were priceless. I can't believe Capt Archer said the word date! And it was great to see Trip and T'Pol get in a little verbal reparte. But my favorite scene was Archer and Travis after Travis got the news about his father - that was a kleenex moment.

I am glad Travis got more air time but I got a little bored with all the family stuff.

I thought it was a great episode! I give it an 8 (I was only expecting a 5). I've never really cared for Mayweather very much but I thought he was really good in this episode. I think it's possible that with a little more development Travis could actually turn out to be a pretty good character. Like most episodes of Enterprise I thought it suffered a bit from being about 10 minutes too short. I think UPN should be like TNN and start showing Enterprise 'un-cut'.

Click for Spoiler:

I only had one question really about the show. Remember when T'Pol tells Archer that their are life fourms on the planet that is exploding in front of them? What was the point with that? She made it sound like something serious and then the next scene we see Mayweather packing his bags and we never hear anything about the 'life-fourms' again. I think they should have explained them better or else simply left them out of the script completly

cptwright,

I don't have cable, so I watch SG-1 in syndication, Saturday nights at 8 on my local UPN. :o

Tank,

I don't believe there are "uncut" episodes. If I'm not mistaken, the episodes are purposely made to be 45 mins in length so a quarter of the hour can be filled with comerrcials. And actually, I kinda like the 45 min length opposed to the full hour length. Anywho... :o

Guest Ktrek

I liked this episode. It was not as good as Judgement in my opinion, but was well done. The pacing was a little slow at times but it was nice to see Travis get some major airtime. I would give the episode a 7.

As to lenth of the show most ENT episodes come in right at 44 minutes. Sometimes as long as 45. Classic Trek episodes generally came in right at about 48 minutes. When people refer to Classic Trek uncut they mean that they have not been edited for more commercial time. No episodes were ever an hour alone.

Ktrek

i think horizon was even better then Judgement, never a dull moment, and as i saw it once more an hour ago, i must agree that the music really is great!

:o

I really enjoyed the episode. It was nice to see more of Mayweather and I liked his family.

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the part where Mayweather and Malcolm are talking about families on starships. That was hilarious!!!!

I loved the music for this episode too! It reminded me of First Contact not Wrath of Kahn though.

Well i thought it was good, for character development,

Click for Spoiler:

The story was good, the pace was a bit slow at times, and the fact that a ship called Constellation, which could lead to the design for the Constellation class ships in the future down the road, maybe we will see more of it with the upcoming war and it does something heroic, i don't think we have seen the last of the cargo ships. I give it a 6.5 out of 10, good but not great.

cptwright,

I don't have cable, so I watch SG-1 in syndication, Saturday nights at 8 on my local UPN. :o

Tank,

I don't believe there are "uncut" episodes.  If I'm not mistaken, the episodes are purposely made to be 45 mins in length so a quarter of the hour can be filled with comerrcials.  And actually, I kinda like the 45 min length opposed to the full hour length.  Anywho... :o

I know that there isn't an un-cut Enterprise. I was being sarcastic. I feel sorry for Enterprise that the episodes all have to be 5-8 minutes shorter just to make room for UPN to run the same preview for Buffy 2 times every break. In a weekly TV series 5-8 minutes can be a really long time.

I hadn't noticed commercials were any longer on UPN than other networks. It is about standard to have 15 minutes of commercials for every "hour" of programming. I was watching TV with my two year old niece who doesnt' like commercials - she sums it up this way "commercials are 'tupid'..."

As for a rating for this episode I would give it a 6. It was a little slow, but had several good moments. The rest of my thoughts on the episode are in the spoiler below, so that I do not ruin the episode for those that have not seen it yet, by discussing my favorite scenes.

Click for Spoiler:

Like T'Pol telling Dr. Phlox "We can stop the movie if it is interupting your conversation." I am also really curious to hear the explanation that Archer describes as "a long story" concerning why he did not end up working on a freighter. And the conversation with T'Pol, Archer, and Tripp where T'Pol states that she is going to suggest that the Vulcan Ambassador watch Frankenstein was classic.