Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Does Voyager have a captain's yacht?

I read in the official Star Trek Fact Files: definitely an aeroshuttle. Never used in Voyager because it formed an integral part of the ship's outer hull and to loose it in combat would have left a large part of Voyager exposed.

http://mitglied.lycos.de/kohlen_saenger/Mo...eroshuttle.html

Go here to see it in more detail...

COOL SHUTTLE!!!

I didnt know that voyager had one like that looks

better then the delta flyer :frusty:

Hmmm, I never realized that was there. :frusty: Seems like they could have at least mentioned it in an episode or two.

That's true, however, I have the TNG technical manual and it shows what the yacht would look like if detached from the Enterprise. The top side would be "dome-like" with pairs of saucer-style windows, two in back, front, and two on each side.

We didn't get to see the Ent-D yacht in action, but we did get to see the Ent-E yacht in INSURRECTION. ;)

Guest Mike_Hines01

I never noticed that outline before, but it the shuttle looks cool.

ohhhh slip streem....... well, I donno. I'd actually say it was an old warp coil. But then again, it's probably has nothing to do with the warp system, and just seems like it could be. even though it's in the right spot........

If the areoshuttle was designed by fans and the topic of this thread was never officially named on the show (canonized) then isn't it impossible for us to say exactly what that ship was?

Speculatively my answer would be: since we've seen ships that occupy that same space on other Starships called the Captains Yacht, it's a captains yacht.

Well, Star Trek: The Magazine called it an aeroshuttle. My theory is that it's used as a planetary drop ship of some kind. Maybe they only use it when Voyager has landed on the surface of a planet? If they need to go somewhere, they take the aeroshuttle instead of a normal shuttle? That's my theory anyway.

It's interesting that you posted this when you did. I had just been thinking a day or 2 earlier about the the Captains Yacht on the Enterprise D and wondered if Voyager had one. During TNG, after I found out there was a Yacht by looking at the TNG trading cards I always wanted to see it used.

Well, Star Trek: The Magazine called it an aeroshuttle.  My theory is that it's used as a planetary drop ship of some kind.  Maybe they only use it when Voyager has landed on the surface of a planet?  If they need to go somewhere, they take the aeroshuttle instead of a normal shuttle?  That's my theory anyway.

You could have shared that bit of info in your original post but does the The Magazine saying it make it official canon? Where did the info they published come from?

good eyes..but personaly.. i never noticed..... in the eps i watches.. you barly see the underside of the ship... it would be a good thing to use in the year of hell.. but they didn't..so it could be a design... so who knows :waaaa:

Well, Star Trek: The Magazine called it an aeroshuttle.  My theory is that it's used as a planetary drop ship of some kind.  Maybe they only use it when Voyager has landed on the surface of a planet?  If they need to go somewhere, they take the aeroshuttle instead of a normal shuttle?  That's my theory anyway.

You could have shared that bit of info in your original post but does the The Magazine saying it make it official canon? Where did the info they published come from?

I forgot at the time. As for being canon, I just assumed that technical info like that seen in the manuals, encyclopedia, and magazines was canon.

I read in the official Star Trek Fact Files: definitely an aeroshuttle.  Never used in Voyager because it formed an integral part of the ship's outer hull and to loose it in combat would have left a large part of Voyager exposed.

http://mitglied.lycos.de/kohlen_saenger/Mo...eroshuttle.html

Go here to see it in more detail...

ya i saw this too.. but i wish they would have use it in the show.

Well can we all just IMAGINE that that is what it is and looks like. What is all this flippin Canon (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)?

canon=Official (mentioned in the series)

and i like the shuttle....but think that it was great Voyager didnt "cannonly" have it...

canon=Official (mentioned in the series)

and i like the shuttle....but think that it was great Voyager didnt "cannonly" have it...

Actually, Voyager did. We just don't know what it looks like nor what it's called as it was never seen on screen. Look closely at the picture of the bottom of Voyager's saucer. You can clearly make out landing gear, thrusters, and Voyager's namd and registry on the bottom of the craft.

I donno. I watched it. Granted I was sorta tired, but I still missed it. Could you give me the chapter it's on or general location? lol.

Edit: Wow, just watched it. Can't believed I missed that. However they only show it detatch from the enterprise for a bit. but cool :laugh:

Edited by BorgAssimilator