Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Re-evaluation of Kes

I never really liked Kes and preferred Seven of Nine. But after watching re-runs of Voyager (here in the UK, 2 episodes a day from scratch!) i have re-evaluated her character. She was warm, supportive and actually quite sexier than i remember. Last night she wore a velvet cat-suit not quite unlike one her successor would wear...hmmmm.....! Well, did you like her? Oh, and comment on Seska. She ruled - what a villian. Hiss hiss.

I never liked Kes at all, she is just "to good to be true".. it feels like her personality isn't really real..

Actually i don't like Seven either.. :blink:

:o Kes was an interesting character, one that you either liked or disliked. Personally, I liked her......enjoyed watching the changes in her relationship with Nelix, as well as the other plots that centered around her personality, and heritage. I wished that there had been a way to keep both her and Seven on the show. Also, I always wished that I'd know the real truth about Kes leaving the cast........as some very ugly rumors circulated at the time of her departure on some of the Voyager websites.

In regards to Seska, I never liked her.....even before the rest of the Voyager crew discovered what she was really up to..........she was just just a NASTY character. :o

I never liked Kes at all, she is just "to good to be true".. it feels like her personality isn't really real..

Actually i don't like Seven either..  :o

I'm with you on both accounts! Kes always got on my nerves and Seven just plain irritated me.

I never really liked Kes. And I always found her relationship with Nelix to be a bit of a stretch. They just seemed to different to be together. Also, her character had to many mood swings. At one point she would be completely soft spoken in a stressful situation then she was yelling at someone in a general discussion. One word for her PROZAC.

I couldn't stand her relationship with Neelix and I didn't like her character that much but she had a damn sexy voice.

I thought that, considering most goody goody characters arent' that interesting, she did a very good job.

No comment on the sexyness. I'm a female. I'll stuck with my Data :D

(sorry bout that :D )

I loved the premise of the character and looked forward to interesting things with her, then the writers got a hold of her and ruined her. :)

I loved the premise of the character and look forward to interesting things with her, then the writers got a hold of her and ruined her. :)

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why she went wacko in "Fury" and what happens to her people when they run out of power pre-supplied by the Caretaker.

If, I say if they make a VOY movie, I smell a plot dealling with Kes and the Ocampans! B)

Kes had a great start, but I agree with stelfan, she was just too good to be true. She had been beaten and abused by the Kazon (You could tell by her cuts and bruses, and also from the book Pathways) But she never really hated the Kazon for it, they just kind of dropped it after the first episode.

I think she could have had wonderful potential, with her history, and her character could have had so much more depth. That's why I liked the episode Warlord, she was suddenly a compleatly different character (even if it wasn't her)

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why she went wacko in "Fury" and what happens to her people when they run out of power pre-supplied by the Caretaker.

If, I say if they make a VOY movie, I smell a plot dealling with Kes and the Ocampans! :)

:blink: Oh yeah! That, could I say, COULD rock! B)

definitly a GREAT idea, but wouldn't Kes be dead by now? -transcendant powers and all, aren't Okampans dead by nine? :laugh:

definitly a GREAT idea, but wouldn't Kes be dead by now? -transcendant powers and all, aren't Okampans dead by nine? ;)

None. When Voyager found the female Caretaker, her little group of Ocampans on a smaller array were living to be in their teens. I say Kes went through an all out evolution. Who knows, maybe she takes her shuttle and slingshots to Earth, asking Janeway for help! She could use her powers to "zap" Voyager to Ocampa, but leaving her drained for a good chunk of the movie. We could see the return of the Kazon, a new enmey, the Borg, Species 8472, who knows! Then, for fun, the movie could end with Voyager stuck in the Delta Quadrant again! :laugh: They could follow it up with a 2nd movie about them deciding to use their own technology to get home or something instead of spending another 7 years in the DQ. ;) Ya know, make it like a 2-part movie. What do ya think?

okay, CJLP, I'm not sure about the Okampan lifespan, but I am SOOO with you on the two-parter!!! :laugh: They should produce an epic trilogy (!!!), and spend some money!!!! Kes coming back in the movie would be really neat, regardless of storyline...

okay, CJLP, I'm not sure about the Okampan lifespan, but I am SOOO with you on the two-parter!!! ;) They should produce an epic trilogy (!!!), and spend some money!!!!  Kes coming back in the movie would be really neat, regardless of storyline...

Well, the Ocampans on the homeworld live to be 8 or 9, while the Ocpampans with the Female Caretaker live to be in their teens. With Kes's evolution, there's no telling how long she'll live. As for doing a trilogy? Nice idea! :laugh:

Now I see ... our teen years, their senoir years ... cool :laugh:

As for the trilogy, why'n't? They did it for Star Wars (hiss, hiss...)

Kes had a great start, but I agree with stelfan, she was just too good to be true. She had been beaten and abused by the Kazon (You could tell by her cuts and bruses, and also from the book Pathways) But she never really hated the Kazon for it, they just kind of dropped it after the first episode.

I think she could have had wonderful potential, with her history, and her character could have had so much more depth. That's why I liked the episode Warlord, she was suddenly a compleatly different character (even if it wasn't her)

I agree with you guys.

But I did like her anyway..

And as her relation with Neelix... Maybe it's due to the fact that she consider that he saved her for her old life and gave her the chance to leave her homeworld...

I agree with you guys.

But I did like her anyway..

And as her relation with Neelix... Maybe it's due to the fact that she consider that he saved her for her old life and gave her the chance to leave her homeworld...

I agree too with many of the comments made here. Again as stated earlier, Kess was someone you either liked or disliked. And I for one liked her. Her character was very complex. I think leaving her home world gave her the opportunity to grow, because the experiences she had on Voyager were not controlled, as they had been on her home world by the Caretaker. I believe initially she loved Nelix. She just out grew that relationship as she matured. Still, I was glad that she and Nelix were able to remain friends. Nelix later ended up with someone with whom he had much more in common anyway.