Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Episode Spotlight DS9

Season: 5

Episode No: 503

Episode Name: Trials and Tribble-ations

Written by Written By: Ira Steven Behr & Hans Beimler & Robert Hewitt Wolfe

Original Air Date: 11-04-1996

The Crew of DS9 is sent to pick up an Orb of the Prophets that is held on Cardassia Prime. When they arrive they are also asked to give transport to a human that has been trapped behind the lines since war broke out between the Klingons and Cardassians.

While traveling back to Bajor the crew of the Defiant experience a temporal anomaly that sends them 200 light years off course. When the view screen is activated they discover that they aren't just 200 light years off course, they're also 100 years in the past!

PDVD_110.jpg

PDVD_054.jpg

PDVD_057.jpgPDVD_082.jpg

PDVD_103.jpgPDVD_037.jpg

Cast:

Avery Brooks as Captain Benjamin Sisko

Rene Auberjonois as Odo

Michael Dorn as Worf

Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax

Cirroc Lofton as Jake Sisko

Colm Meaney as Miles O'Brien

Armin Shimerman as Quark

Alexander Siddig as Julian Bashir

Nana Visitor as Kira Nerys

Guest Cast:

Jack Blessing as Dulmur

Charlie Brill as Arne Darvin

James W. Jansen as Lucsly

STARTREKFANS.NET Epsiode Guide

Everyone was just wonderful in this episode, but I particularly enjoyed O'Brien and Bashir.

When Julian is rambling on and on about that busty woman possibly being his grandmother and that maybe it is his destiny to be his own grandfather, Miles' facial expressions are just priceless.

Then when Kira or whoever it is asks them if they're ready to beam out, Miles' face and tone are just hilarious, "Are we ever."

This episode sure was one way to get the TOS bunch to watch DS9 ... one of my husband's co-workers is a TOS only kind of guy, but we got him to watch this and now he is a big DS9er just like us.

I love this episode. The writing is great and I loved the way they used the original episode. And you gotta love the hairstyles!!

I posted this once before, but this website has a scene-by-scene analysis of exactly how the original episode was altered to fit into the new episode:

Tribble episodes

Edited by Indy

Guest Cast:

Jack Blessing as Dulmur

Charlie Brill as Arne Darvin

James W. Jansen as Lucsly

Dumlar and Lucsly, Rearrange the letters and what do you get? Muldar and Scully, of course. coincidence? Ha, not hardly. Anagrams are common in Star Trek...Example: MORN!

I loved this episode, the attention to detail was awesome tosay the least. The best thing is the respect for TOS seen throughout the episode and I admire the writers for not trying to explain away the difference between ridged/non-ridged klingons, because as they said in teh extras it would have caused more contoversy that it was worth doing. Every fan (I hope) accepts that it was a makeup change and the change was at least aknowledged even if they didn't say how that difference was possible.

Of course the other thing I liked was Jadzia in that mini-skirt. :rofl: