Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Which do you believe is Scott Bakula's...

What is Scott Bakula's greatest role?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is Scott Bakula's greatest role?

• Dr Sam Beckett
    • Capatin Archer

Which do you believe is Scott Bakula's greatest role between Archer and Beckett?

Personally I would choose Sam Beckett. Thats not to say that Archer is not a good role that is perhaps a bit more complex, however I feel that Sam was something different that is not often seen on television, a character that offers hope on a personal level in a similar way that Star Trek does regarding society as whole.

I think he's great as Archer, but I remember watching the first episode of Quantum Leap when it premiered and getting immediately hooked. I probably saw every episode of QL from beginning to end, so it is a part of my adolescence.

It was great to see Dean Stockwell make his (inevitable?) appearance on Enterprise- I hope Berman can wrangle another cameo from him.

Stardate:21487.7

Scott Bakula will always be Sam to me.No matter how good Archer's character becomes when I think of Scott I will think of Sam.

It was great to see Dean Stockwell make his (inevitable?) appearance on Enterprise- I hope Berman can wrangle another cameo from him.

I agree. I would love to see Sam and Al reunite again.That episode was awsome just because Dean was in it.

I went with Sam Beckett. I will always associate Bakula with that role. Besides we are only in the 3rd year of Archer..Perhaps after Enterprise has it's 7 year run I'll change my opinion..But for now it's Sam..

I think Scott Bakula is doing a great job as Captain Archer but if i have to pick i would choose Sam Beckett he was so great in the role the whole series was brilliant the only bad thing was when it ended. I agree that Dean Stockwell should be in Enterprise again it was so cool seeing them back together in that episode just like old times :clap:

I didn't vote because I am irrationally biased toward Enterprise at the moment, and I would pick Archer. I love Captain Archer.

But those of us who watched Quantum Leap with any regularity know that it was a great job of acting, because Bakula played people of different ages, sexes, and races, and managed pretty convincingly to capture "whoever he was". One of my favorites was when he was singing in a girl group.

Edited by mjham

As much as I adore Scott Bakula as Jon Archer, I would have to say Sam Beckett was the better role. It enabled Scott to display so many of his talents. He not only could show his versitility as an actor, but also as a musician and a singer. He is definitely a multi-talented performer. I would love to see him in live theatre.

Can't vote here. Both characters are unique, different. No way for me to decide.

And there are so many other great characters he embodied. Yesterday I watched again my tape "In the shadow of a killer". He is brilliant as a cop who has to fight against his environment in order to follow his moral beliefs.

Well,,,

I like ENT, but not necessarily Archer. *runs*

I also didn't watch (or at least I don't remember if I did) Quantum Leap all that often.

For this poll, I'll hafta say Sam was the better role.

Come to think of it, I may have watched QL alot when it was on. It just seems like such a long time ago. :o

I voted Captain Archer. :frusty: Who is Dr Sam Beckett? :clap:

:eek:

Have you heard of Quantum Leap?

Yes, but I've never seen it. All I know is that it was about some guy who would become other people in his life time due to a time travel accident and he had a hologram helpe. Also, it was Bakula's previous show before ENT. However, I've never seen it.

Have you heard of Quantum Leap?

Yes, but I've never seen it. All I know is that it was about some guy who would become other people in his life time due to a time travel accident and he had a hologram helpe. Also, it was Bakula's previous show before ENT. However, I've never seen it.

You're right about the story line CJLP.

You missed something by not knowing QL! You should catch a re-run or see parts of the QL marathon on SciFy Channel.

Same here, I haven't seen QL while it was originally aired. So when I started watching ENT I wasn't biased by knowing Sam Beckett. As to me that was an advantage. So I never searched for differences/similarities between both characters.

In the meantime I've got all eps from a friend and I LOVE QL. I think you, CJLP would like this show about helping others and friendship too. And you would love Sam Becketts morality and the lack of sex scenes.