Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

An interesting analogy

I was thinking a little while ago about all the new members that came over from the old StarTrek.com boards. No one in particular, just in general. Anyway, I thought what if we start getting problems like spam and constant arguments that seem to have been common at StarTrek.com. Then this line from 'Homefront' pops into my head: "It's our paradise and we'll fight to protect it." Then it hits me, Startrekfans.net is like Star Trek's earth.

Before you think I'm crazy, hear me out. Before we all found this website we all fought in pointless arguments and then we came here and a 'new era of peace' has been ushered in. I know it may sound odd but I think there is a definite comparison.

I suppose this analogy make VaBeachGuy sort of like Zefram Cochrane. Although, I must say that VaBeachGuy has the cooler hat. :)

What do you guys think? Am I barking up the wrong tree or am I right on track?

Stardate:21482.7

Hey thats pretty good,its true too, i remember the badlands(st.com)I used to get in arguments with people over stupid stuff then I came here and have enjoyed it ever since.

VBG=Zephrane Cochrane................maybe we should make a statue :)

I love that! I never posted at ST.com so I don't know first hand, but we do have a peaceful community here and I love it. :)

VBG, you rock! And you're way cuter then Zephrane. winker.gif

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. :)

Click for Spoiler:

87531.jpg Edited by RikerChick

you seen the ep? the admiral that was replaced by the shape shifter (who later shifted into O'Brien)....remember?

upon further consideration, i reckon you might be the commander who got the Lakota

never been to st.com but im glad i didnt after hearing so many horror stories here. but i love it here it is such a peaceful place to be.

ALL HAIL VBG, OUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

so where do we put the statue? i say right in virginia beach after all thats where hes from.

RIGHT ON J_B! That is sooo true. I was on ST.com very rarely but I saw the crap. This site is amazing. It's so friendly. Nice work VBG, and I can't forget AE. He's done a huge amount as well.

And RC: awesome pic! Lol.

I went to StarTrek.com i did not like it there too much angst. One happy morning i saw a link to this site it was the best link i ever followed. Everyone here is friendly i really enjoy the site. Thanks to VBG and everyone who works hard to keep it running smoothly and make it a great peaceful place to come. :)

As for a statue of VBG that would be cool :)

I love your picture Riker Chick it rocks ;)

Intresting point jack.

i too am from the old st.com,mostly in the chat room.

you are right about the fighting,spaming and the rest of

the crap what went on there i did a poll not to long ago here

and 80% of the people said they had no reason to go back there.

P.S I WILL NEVER GO BACK THIS SITE ROCKS :) :) ;)

Edited by hangon

This actually sounds like a pretty good comparison, Jack. I was never a part of the ST.com board, but I've been in more than a few others. This one is definitely the most peaceful. :cloud9:

lol. Nice pic RC. :cloud9: