Sign in to follow this  
adm. stickler

once again another question

If it's a small breach, they send people out in EV suits with equipment to repair the breach.  However, if it's large, they go to a near-by starbase or send a shuttle out to assist in repairs.

Did you read my post CJLP??

In minefield Trip talked about bolts and couplings. And let's not forget that wonderful episode of DS9 where we learned all about self sealing stembolts - well actually I still don't know what they are...

According to the Next Generation Technical Manual The skin of the ship is "Gamma Welded" together, so yes, they fuse the new metal on.

First things' first: Forcefields keep the air in after the breach has occured. then, a crew will go out and remove the rough, bent, and sharp edges around the breach. left with a smooth edge, they then bring in the hull patches, fit them to the hole, and affix them through any number of methods. then, at their next convienience, they make their way to a starbase for a more "Permanent" repair. this part is required, because outer hull patches applied out in space by the crew are designed as a temporary fix. and there is also a high likelihood that some of the interior supporting bulkheads were damaged, and those need to be fixed. there is alot more to fixing a hull breach than just slappin' a Colission mat over it.

A hull breach..Good old hard work by engenieers..They seal of the area and get some one out to plaster it closed :)

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

While Voyager was lost in the Delta Quadrant, I allways figured they pulled into alien starnbases when in need of more serrious repairs like EJP suggested.  My question is: who was in charge of repainting Voyager's hull after repaits? :cloud9:

the answer to that one is simple, Cap, the 10 or 15 most junior enlisted guys on the ship. they probably also assigned the most junior of the Assistant Division Officers from the Damage Control Division to supervise.