Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Why did the Borg become interrested in us?

AW, Geeze, you know those darn Borg were interested in everybody :blink:

I thought the Borg were interesting in TNG and in First Contact but by Voyager I was "oh the Borg again, microwaving leftover adversaries from the script fridge I see."

I'd like to see an episode where they show us just how the Borg started.

The episode would show how the Borg were before they became cybernetic. What their culture and planet was like and why they choose to become a single mind.

It would be a fascinating episode and might show them more sympathetically if we knew where they started.

A Borg orgin story, perhaps???

Maybe an episode of ENT where the crew go back in time and across the galaxy to the Borg's home planet, centuries ago, when they were peaceful perhaps???

Edited by The King

I read a Trek novel once where it said the Borg came from the planet that sent the Vger probe in ST the Motion Picture. After Vger joined with a human the race of intelligent machines on that planet decided that to achieve perfection they had to join with organic life. The title of that book eludes me though, since it's a novel I don't think it's canon, or any other kind of artillery for that matter. :laugh:

I would think that they were probably driven to become cybernetic out of some kind of desperate situation on their home world, either a war, a natural disaster or some sort of other global-wide catastrophe.

They turned to cybernetics as a means of survival for some reason.

Edited by The King

I thought the Borg were interesting in TNG and in First Contact but by Voyager I was "oh the Borg again, microwaving leftover adversaries from the script fridge I see."

It is inevitable for Voyager to have Borg.

They are in the Borg's home quadrant.

If they don't show Borg in Voyager, now that's illogical & nuts,

lol

unless they found something that helps them skip their space.

I read a Trek novel once where it said the Borg came from the planet that sent the Vger probe in ST the Motion Picture. After Vger joined with a human the race of intelligent machines on that planet decided that to achieve perfection they had to join with organic life. The title of that book eludes me though, since it's a novel I don't think it's canon, or any other kind of artillery for that matter. :(

no, in the episode "dragon's teeth"

They said tht the borg collective had exsted back then...

That was like centuries before..