Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Star Trek Enterprise Time Change

Star Trek Enterprise Time Change

According to Zap2it.com Enterprise will be moved to 9:00pm. This will take it out of competition with Wb's "Smallville." ENT will now be compeitiong with NBC's "The West Wing."

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/...5971|1|,00.html

Do you believe this is a good move on UPN's part? (Would you predict the show's ratings to go up? . . . Will not airing the same time "Smallville" is on bring more viewers?...)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I think it's a good move. But they also need some good promo of the show. UPN needs to do it's job in that department.

I think the West Wing is pretty well played out and poses small competition.

New competition (if the schedule for these shows holds up) will be:

The O.C. on Fox -improving its ratings, but probably not the same target demo as ENT.

The King of Queens and Becker on CBS -TKoQ is doing very well, Becker is on its last leg, and neither SHOULD have a great impact on ENT.

ABC's Bachelor/Bachelorette reality shows usually occupy this slot. This show mainly targets the 18-40 or so female demo; shouldn't hurt ENT's target demo much, but we'll lose a ton of female viewers. Plus, If there's a man and wife - the man likes ENT and the wife likes The Bachelorette - guess which show will end up on the screen. :lol:

West Wing on NBC -this show is on life support; no competition as far as I'm concerned.

Angel on the WB -Surprisingly, the only show that's similar enough to ENT to make a slight difference. However, its post-Smallville slot is the main thing keeping its ratings steady. Shouldn't hurt much at all.

This said, I think I support the time change. I think it could work better for ENT, *IF* it's advertised well-enough as others have said.

If you look at the slot ENT is in now, it's much more damaging to the show. Right now, they're up against two reality hits, and Smallville. These shows hurt our demo ratings pretty badly when it comes down to it.

My main gripe? Who wants The Mulletts as a lead-in!!??!!??!!?? That's gonna be awful! In a perfect world, they would put Next Top Model at 8 (not just the reruns)and ENT at 9, and they'd get the best Wednesday ratings they'd ever see. Unfortunately I understand they have to spread out their hits - can't have them all on the same nights.

Edited by Ace

aaaagggghhhhh, this means now it won't come on until midnight instead of 11:00 ....

For proving ground I went to bed early and got up to watch it. I guess I'll start going to bed at 8:00 and getting up at 11:30.

aaaagggghhhhh, this means now it won't come on until midnight instead of 11:00 ....

For proving ground I went to bed early and got up to watch it.  I guess I'll start going to bed at 8:00 and getting up at 11:30.

That's just too late..I'd just set the VCR to tape it..The time change doesn't affect me at all. I just hope the ratings improve with the new time slot..

Stardate:21477.8

Well on my UPN around here when Voyager first aired it was on at 8 then around the third season they switched it to 9 and it thrived.... hopefully the same will apply to Enterprise.

Also does anyobdy know when the change will take effect?

I think that the time switch is a great idea. I am a fan of Smallville and record it while I watch Enterprise on Wednesday nights. And then to have a copy of Enterprise, I record the repeat episode on Sunday.

The last thing Enterprise needs right now is competition. And what is the deal with the lack of advertisement of future episodes? The last two episodes I have seen have not promoted the next weeks episode.

:cool:

I guess i'll just have to wait 2 more hours to see it. I do wish that ENT would be broaadcast on another channel. I noticed te lack of advertising for the next seps also. It seems like they cut them out to show more commercials during the credits. for other shows.

Hey! that'll mean that Channel Nine will air ENT at 12:30!!! (well, they do it any way..)!!!

geez... (they may not, but hey)