Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Holodecks

Did you not think that the holodecks on Voyager looked less advanced than those on TNG? I mean, the technology looked very exposed and the grid looked like it could be pushed over at any moment.

I agree i think it has to do with the size

of the ship or something like that :lol:

Not quite,

what does that have to do with its performance or quality?

TNG's are wall like

Voyager's are Girdle like

hmm. :lol:

maybe its more advance this way, something about it. All i know is they have done great things with it. :lol: extraordinary things.

The look of the holodecks on Voyager was the same as that of the new holoship in Insurrection. That (and the fact that the E-D is so old) definitely says, to me anyways, that the exposed version is more advanced. In Trek, newer is almost always better. :lol:

Yeah, and the holodecks at starfleet headquarters on earth are now designed with the girder type shape as well. That must mean thay are an upgraded version of holoemitter technology

Starfleet HQ's holodecks?

How would you know what they are using?

I mean when do u see them show any holodeck back at the HQ? :lol:

Starfleet HQ's holodecks?

How would you know what they are using?

I mean when do u see them show any holodeck back at the HQ?

In the episode "Pathfinder," Barclay uses the holodeck at the research facility at Starfleet Headquarters to interact with the Voyager crew. Also, in "Inside Man," a holodeck at headquarters is used to fool the Ferengi.

As for Voyager's holo-technology, I think it looked much more advanced than that of TNG. In TNG, it was yellow lines in a wall. Voyager's looks more like it could actually "do something." I also think it was a much better design, much easier to look at, and just much more... "aesthetically pleasing" as T'Pol would say.

Well, I always thought that the grid was a new system to make stuff, I donno, more tangable? I onno, but I was pretty sure it helped somehow. I was in a simm once, and I read something about the holodeck on a ship similar to Voyager. Forget though. lol. Sorry.