Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Khan

When I last watched The Wrath of Khan, I for once put myself in his shoes: when you think about it, he was placed in a Hell like environment due to the carelessness of Star Fleet. Leading to the death of his wife and a harsh inhuman exile. I found it terrible that Star Fleet never checked on the villans' progress. I know that the original intention of Kirk was far from what resulted: their own world to do with as the wished. But still; I can almost understand his pain...

HMMM...BUT KHAN DID TRY TO KILL KIRK AND

STEAL HIS SHIP IN A EPISODE OF TOS SO I WOULD

SAY THAT KHAN HAD IT COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he deserved to live on a hell like planet? In what you may call, a form of solitary confinement? I think it drove him even crazier than he was before.

No prometheus, he was crazy from the get go.

I don't know what your personal policy for canon is but have you ever read The Eugenics Wars by Greg Cox. I too used to have some sympathy for Khan until I read about the hard handed & heartless atrocities he did which lead to his expulsion for Earth (btw, Gary Seven was an instrumental part of that expulsion.) As a Human Being it is difficult to say but he got everything he deserved.

I always felt some sympathy for Khan as he had lead a difficult life on Ceti Alpha VI that undoubtly drove him to a further state of monomania, however it must be remembered that Khan was a criminal for his previous actions as a dictator in the Eugenic Wars.

Khan is a complex character that we can sympathise with to some degree, while never agreeing with the course of action he choses. The character is also firmly based in a code of sci-fi such as genetic manipulation, and it is this comination that make him one of the best villains to hit the screen (along with Ricardo's fantastic portrayal).

No... Khan was a crazy leader who was bent on power.

Khan deserved everything that came to him. In fact, if I were Kirk I would have put him in a photon torpedo and shot him into space, Thus avoiding the whole Wrath Of Khan movie.

Khan definitely had it coming.

:cool:

I think to say that 'he is evil and deserved all he got' is a bit simplistic a view point. I dont think that anyone, even criminals, should be forced into such awful conditions.

When Khan Was Exiled On Ceti Alpha V, It Was Far From The "Barren Sand Heap" We Saw In STII. It Wasn't Until 6 Months After They Were Left There, That Ceti Alpha VI Exploded. As Khan Put It, "The Shock Shifted The Orbit Of This PLanet And Everything Was Laid Waste." So They Could Have Been Alright, If Not For That.