Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

BUTTERFLY EFFECT

anyone here see this movie yet? it was GREAT. me and angel seen it yesterday in NYC, it had so many twists, and it was just an excellent, entertaining movie. i wont say anything about it, if you want to know you've gotta see it. i give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. :lol:

I what to see it, but I'm Going to wait until it comes out to DVD.

Edited by shrek

I too, was happily surprised by this movie. It was far better than I expected. The title left me wondering for quite awhile until I began to think about sci-fi authors and then it hit me. Ray Bradbury wrote a short story some years back called "A Sound of Thunder". It was a time travel tale but it was the ending that made everything fall into place. Without revealing too much about the story line, because I wholeheartly suggest that everyone read it, when you step on a butterfly in the past, don't expect the world you left to be waiting for you.

I saw the movie and thought it had an excellent story. However, the sexuallity, nudity, cursing, and the goth character absolutely ruined the movie for me. I almost walked out half-way through. If this had been rated PG-13, however, I might have added it to my favorite movies.

I thought the title was the about the butterfly effect where every action has a reaction, using the butterfly saying that a butterfly flapping its wings could potentially cause a hurricane in another part of the world.

I thought the title was the about the butterfly effect where every action has a reaction, using the butterfly saying that a butterfly flapping its wings could potentially cause a hurricane in another part of the world.

Didn't it say that at the beginning of the movie? :force:

Well, to be honest, I missed the first ten minutes of the movie due to the fact that the concession people and the theater management were not operating at full power. You'd think that with a multiple screen theater you would have a more then two people running the snack stand. If it did say that at the beginning I missed it completely and admit my mistake but, if you read the Ray Bradbury story, you'll see the connection. And to me it makes a little more sense.

You know whats sad? I went into this movie thinking that it would suck..But i knida enjoyed it :force:

Well, to be honest, I missed the first ten minutes of the movie due to the fact that the concession people and the theater management were not operating at full power.  You'd think that with a multiple screen theater you would have a more then two people running the snack stand.  If it did say that at the beginning I missed it completely and admit my mistake but, if you read the Ray Bradbury story, you'll see the connection.  And to me it makes a little more sense.

i as well missed the first 5 to 10 minutes. well i guess when it comes out on dvd i'll find out.