Sign in to follow this  
Shuttle

How do you think the Ent-D would have managed

I was wondering about people's opinion's are of a "what if" senario I thought of occured:

What if the Enterprise D had not been trashed by that rustbucket BoP in Generations and had gone on to face the challenges that the Enterprise E faced the the subequent movies.

How do you think the Enterprise-D/Galaxy Class ship would have managed in the situations that the Enterprise-E found itself in?

Edited by Shuttle

Thats a very interesting idea. I'd say that probably in all three movies the Enterprise would have held its own.

In First Contact the could have seperated the ship, during the autodestruct sequence, which would have changed things quite a bit.

And in Nemisis, no doubt they would have seperated the ship to fight the Scimitar.

Having the ENT-D in First Contact would have been a great advantage since they could just seperate the ship and then activate the autodestruct.

In Nemesis though, I think the D might have had a problem since ENT-E has better shields and armament.

The Enterprise D would not have handled as well as the Enterprise E.

I believe that the Borg would have anticipated the seperation abilities of the Huge Enterprise D and would have beamed its members near the seperation point (Deck 8-10 if I remember correctly). If they had of done this, then the ship would not have needed to seperate... Both Saucer and Stardrive section would have been contaminated.

In Insurrection, The Enterprise D would have easily been disabled due to its size. The Son'a would have been able to hit it more with its weaponry since it is double the size in height of the Enterprise E. Also I would have to imagine that the Enterprise D would have had some difficulty navigating through the Briar Patch.

In Nemesis, if the Enterprise D were to move all of its crew from the Saucer section to the Stardrive section and crash all of the saucer section into Shinzon's Schimitar, then I believe that it would have disabled it enough to destroy it. But I think it would have been destroyed long before Nemesis.

Just My Opinion...

:cool:

Shadowfigment took the words right out of my mouth.

FC: I'm not sure its deflector dish has a removable section. It could, of course.

Chances of survival: 60%

Insurrection: The Son'a battleships would've clobbered it.

Chances of survival: 30%

Nemesis: Shinzon still wouldn't have destroyed it since Picard would've been on board, but the neck of a Galaxy doesn't have hearly enough structural integrity - the ship would snap. If Picard had tried to separate the saucer, the element of surprise would be gone since it takes so long to separate. It would only work if it had already been separated during the battle (Shinzon just would've blown up/ disabled the section w/o Picard, and the other section would have to ram the Scimitar.

Chances of survival: 65%

All imo. B)

All of your arguments are based upon the Enterprise D's ability to saucer separate. Sorry to break it to you but the E can do the same thing. Why they never did, I don't know.

Not to go off-topic, CB, but that's also being discussed and one thought is that there is no visible impulse engine on the stardrive section of the E. I do agree that it can separate, though, and I don't really feel that ability would help either ship much in these instances. B)

I would think that the Enterprise would have been up to all the challanges.But only if it were upgraded.(Weapons etc)

I believe the Ent-E can saucer seperate, but the question is: If the Ent-E saucer seperate, would it be to jettison the stardrive section, or to jettison the saucer and become a warship?

As for the discussion, I think the Ent-D would have survived ST:FC. I believe the Ent-D probably would have lost it's saucer section in ST:I and become a warship for ST:N where the ship would have been destroyed via head-on collission with the Schimitar after the crew abandoned ship via escape pods and shuttlecraft

Hmm. the Enterprise-D u say.

First Contact: may survive but it'll take longer & more dangerous journey cause they aint got Quantums to make a shorter work out of the Borg. Lots of innocents assimilated as they got lots of innocent onboard. "Family"

Insurrection: they be more vulnerable in "wherever that place they were in." :lol:

Nemesis: They're most definately be dead, weaker shields & stuff. too many innocent lives onboard, a head on crash is fatale .

;)

First Contact: Dead. They wouldn't have quantum torpedos and the Borg were already familiar with fighting Galaxy class ships.

Insurrection: Probably would survive. Plus we would be able to see where the Captain's Yaht on the Galaxy Class ship is. (Yes, it did have one, they just never used it in any episodes.)

Nemesis. Dead. Even if they had survived the major part of the battle, which is doubtful, there is no way a Galaxy Class's structure could survive raming the Scimitar.

HMMM good question shuttle,i myself think the ENT-D

would not fair very well against the the foe's that the

ENT-E has had to face.

I just want to point out one thing: I almost said something about the lack of quantum torpedos in my answer as well, but in fact, the Ent-D just lacks a quantum torpedo launcher. I would assume that any ship with a regular torpedo launcher could be given a stock of quantums, and the Galaxy (imo) would be one of the first older classes to get some.

Also, no matter which Enterprise Picard would've been on, it wouldn't have been destroyed in the Nemesis battle. Shinzon could easily have blown the E to smitherenes, but remember that he wanted Picard alive.

Just my view.

Edited by Ace

Assuming that the Enterprise D did make it through Generations, I believe it would have been fitted with a Quantum Torpedo Launcher and a full compliment of Quantum Torpedoes for the Dominion War. In fact every ship that participated in a front line battle IMO would have been fitted with the new weaponry.

But that would not have save the Enterprise D in Insurrection from the Son'a and the Briar Patch. There is simply too much ship to hit and too much ship to maneuver in such an anomaly.

Do they really need a particular launcher to lauch something that fits their normal torpedo casing?

How does torps & its launchers work?

Apparently in all 3 movies, the Ent-E itself took alot of pounding, the D would not have survive what the E had barely survived.

First Contact: the E is damaged alot from the inside via :lol:

Insurrection: the E got whacked, dumped a core & got a big blow from both warp & subspace explosion.

Nemesis: E got shot at, pieces of Valdore wrekage wacking the hull :wow: , Got a big hole on its head from both the Scimitar's firing & a head bang :lol: between both ships.

"How much more can it take?" :lol:

About the icons below, what on eart is that thing at the bottom left corner? "Beside the BOP

& where's a Sovereign icon?

Good question but the Enterprise-E was designed to take on the Borg so I think it would do a much better job then the D whitch the E did do a pretty good job. And yes the E can saucer seperate just as well as the D.