Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Picard and Q

What is your opinion? Were Q and Picard friends or foes? I say they were Friends, i mean come on, Q is... well hes Q! he could have blown up the Enterprise with one snap os his fingers. but he didnt, and in some episodes he helped out Picard. come on, they were friends.

I disagree..besides maybe the Borg or other federation members breaking the prime directive, nothing made Picard more mad then Q. He wrote a lengthy report on him stating to be very weary if he or another member of the contunity should ever appear.

I think by the end they had a certain relationship. They'd never admit to it, but I think there was a certain comfort zone with the two by the end.

However, I think Janeway and Q were better friends.

The Borg was a result of a little tiff that Picard and Q had. It is just with Q, you get a much bigger temper tantrum.

I think friends, but Picard would never admit it out loud!

Data once compared thier relationship to that of a pet and his owner...i kind of think it was like that or like Picard was a toy that Q loved to bring out once in a while...but he always made sure to put him safely away. :tear:

Oh Janeway had Q on a leash, lol!

Certainly it didn't start out friendly at all. But in 'Tapestry', Picard admitted that Q had done him a favor. I think Picard eventually realized that Q was not a typical foe, but I don't know if he ever considered him a "friend."

Both. :tear: Sometimes he was a friend sometimes a foe. I think Picard liked him more then he would admit. :D

Certainly it didn't start out friendly at all.  But in 'Tapestry', Picard admitted that Q had done him a favor.  I think Picard eventually realized that Q was not a typical foe, but I don't know if he ever considered him a "friend."

And in All Good Things... Q told Picard that the trial was the Continuum's idea but that he helped Picard on his own.

It did certainly start out adversarial between Picard and Q but I think the events in Deja Q changed Q in so many ways which Q, of course, would never admit. After that he used Picard and the Enterprise less as playthings for his amusement. Friends just doesn't seem like the right word to describe their relationship by the end but it would be the closest.

I would not consider them friends. I think Q found Picard interesting and after getting to know him better, developed a sort of comrade feeling toward him. He admired things in Picard that he himself did not possess. I think Picard just learned to deal with Q.

Q thinks of Picard as a friend.

Picard has to put with Q But if he could Picard would he never see Q again

Can't Q relise that Picard doesn't like him.

I think by the end they had a certain relationship. They'd never admit to it, but I think there was a certain comfort zone with the two by the end.

I think that's true. I think that by Tapestry, Picard and Q had a certain kind of friendship.

As you know in the beginning Picard and Q did not get along, but as the show developed and went on you could see them connect more and more.

For example in “Tarestry” (the episode in the sixth season where Picard ‘dies’ and gets to go back in time and try to correct a mistake that he made in the past . . . )

At the end of the episode Picard had a better appreciation for how the past makes and builds up a person in to what he or she is today. After that Picard was grateful to Q.

In the book for the last episode of TNG (which of course is what both of them felt and I’ll quote here)

Too bad, though Q, with a sadness that he felt deeply as he was capable of feeling anything. He’d rather enjoyed being part of the game

There are other examples, but even with only these I think that it is clear that they really became friends. Q might consider Picard more of a “pet” (but after All Good things I don’t think Q considered Picard as a “pet”, but a friend . . . . )

And I personally don’t think Janeway and Q were more of ‘friends’ then that of Picard and Q. (That is just what I think)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

yeah i agree with that- like in all good things- Data:"Q's interest in you has always been similar to that of a master and his beloved pet".....off picard's reaction, "It was only an anology"

im in the midst of a q-a-thon right now! i think picard realizes (eventually) that maybe theres a good thing about the enterprises meeting q....from farpoint to all good things, i think picard realizes that maybe (despite mankinds abilties) that every once in awhile, you DO need someone (something?) to pop that ego bubble, and because of q, i think picard is reminded that the truly wise man knows he knows nothing...

as a side note, i remember hearing of some kind of gender studies paper that suggested q had a crush on picard..... though im doubting that....more like a fondness....er...

I don't know that they are friends, but I think that they have a mutual respect for each other to a point. Picard has to admit that whether he likes it or not, Q has helped him.

Q is a dangerous enemy. Just because he has an impish grin and a sense of humour and doesnt go around growling at everyone, doesn't make him any friendlier. He is too whimsical and unpredictable to be a friend. In a blink he could wipe out everything and that's scary...

In a blink he could wipe out everything and that's scary...

All the more reason to be friendly to him. ;)

I reviewed Q-Who today and I think that up to this point Picard did have an underlying fear of Q's potential to do harm but was not sure and decided to test Q for once with disastrous consequences (Q was right, there had to be a cost [bloody-nose].) but something very valuable WAS learned in the process. I think it was then when Picard accepted Q as having something valuable to contribute to the growth of humanity and in his heart, began to believe Q was a friend to mankind.

Oh Janeway had Q on a leash, lol!

LOL.. good one..

BUt yeah i think Q liked Picard but Picard HATED Q.... oh and OF COURSE janeway and q are better friends shes the god mother of his child for heavens sakes... ;)

They're not exactly the best of friends, but I'd say they were closer than either of them'd want. They're both not exactly the type o make friends with the other type. Yes, at some times they just got terribly miffed with one another, but they'd help one another if the need should arise.