Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

Newbie on DS9

...watch DS9, I have bought season 1 and 2 on DVD. I haven't been able to see DS9 before because it hasn't been aired on TV in Sweden. I have almost watched all episodes from season 1.

So now I want some tips on any great episodes to look forward to in season 2, and also I would like to know your opinion on which seasons were the best? Was it like TNG, that it really kicked off after season 3 (IMO) or did it have it's peek in the beginning?

I would say that Season Three started the epic episodes, but the first two seasons and great episodes as well, and explain alot about the characters.

DS9 is another show that got better with age, even though there are a few eps from the early years that I really, really enjoy.

It depends on what character you really like as to what shows you can really look forward to. Off the top of my head,

The Wire

Hippocratic Oath

The Begotten

The Darkness and the Light

Indiscretion

Dax (first season - you've already seen it :dude: )

By Inferno's Light

In Purgatory's Shadow

The Ship

Starship Down

Quickly, those are some of the ones I really liked. It varies for everyone, and I have Season 6 coming in the mail - I've only seen about 20% of it. Season 7 in a couple of weeks; I've only seen 6 eps of that.

...watch DS9, I have bought season 1 and 2 on DVD. I haven't been able to see DS9 before because it hasn't been aired on TV in Sweden. I have almost watched all episodes from season 1.

So now I want some tips on any great episodes to look forward to in season 2, and also I would like to know your opinion on which seasons were the best? Was it like TNG, that it really kicked off after season 3 (IMO) or did it have it's peek in the beginning?

I'd say the show really kicks off with Season 3 and keeps getting better from there. As for episode highlights? I think you should watch all the episodes in order, only skipping the ones that you get borred with. :dude:

I'd say the show really kicks off with Season 3 and keeps getting better from there.  As for episode highlights?  I think you should watch all the episodes in order, only skipping the ones that you get borred with. :(

Actually I never skip any eps, I watch all of them in order. I wasn't looking for advice on which to skip, just those I should look forward to ;)

I haven't seen any ep. yet that bored me, and I'm half way through season 2 now.. I'm really getting into it, so far my fav. character would be Odo or Quark, I loved "The Nagus"!

I enjoyed each season more then the one before it but it really picked up with season 3 just as TNG did but that's not to say seasons 1 and 2 weren't good. But I think seasons 1 and 2 of DS9 were far better then seasons 1 and 2 of TNG.

As for highlights of season 2, these are a few that stick out in my mind.

The first 3 episodes of the season "The Homecoming", "The Circle" and "The Siege" are a great 3 part arc. Something to enjoy for sure.

"Rules of Acquisition" is a really good Ferengi episode, provides some great comical moments.

"Armageddon Game" has some great drama in it, a sure season 2 highlight.

"The Wire" may just well be the best season 2 episode of them all. In it we meet Enabran Tain for the first time and is a great Garak episode. We really begin to know his character in this episode.

"Crossover" is the first DS9 Mirror universe episode and is an interesting episode.

"The Jem'Hadar" at first may not seem like it's all that important an episode but this episode sets up the rest of the series and the direction it will take. An interesting thing to note in this episode is the Vorta. (I'll put this in a spoiler but it's not that much of a spoiler).

Click for Spoiler:

In this episode the Vorta seems to have great mental powers, but we never see these powers again. It would seem that the writers decided to go in another direction for the Vorta between the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

There are other good season 2 episodes of course but these are some of the highlights. I envy you being able to see them for the first time. I wish I could watch them all again for the first time.

There are other good season 2 episodes of course but these are some of the highlights. I envy you being able to see them for the first time. I wish I could watch them all again for the first time.

I must admit it really isn't that bad that the I can watch as many episodes as i which, and dont have to wait a week between them.. However it was not that nice when DS9 wasn't on DVD :(

I have also been told that season 2 of ENT wont be airing on swedish TV until next summer.. That sucks! Luckily I can download the eps. from the internet, but it's just not the same!