Sign in to follow this  
welfconfed

'mirror universe' episodes on DS9

I've always been a huge fan of the mirror universe and was glad it made a return on DS9, but I would have loved it if they would have been treated as more of a big deal, a chance to have different guest stars,or to try really different and shocking things ( and no Kira in the bath tub or covered only in a towel during a rub down isn't shocking....it's simply beautiful :) :) :) )

Edited by welfconfed

I loved the mirror universe, it gave you the chance to see what the characters would be like under different circumstances. I liked the mirror Kira, she was kinda sexy in an evil way :)

I like the mirror universe episodes a lot (I'm not sure if I've seen all of them so far, but what I saw was very good :unsure: ), especially the evil Kira. I think she was a good character. I tend to like her better than the "real" Kira! :idea:

Mrs. Captain Picard

The DS9 mirror episodes were entertaining and I enjoy watching them.However I am always happy when they return to the real universe.. :unsure:

Its nice but 1 thing i don't understand is what's Sisko's mirror doing on that station or some of the others.

After the mirror Spock took over, the Terrans aren't doing so well, so things could be lot different.

The normal universe Sisko is there because of the transfer after Wolf 359. What's the mirror Sisko's purpose of being there? or the others for that matter.

That universe should have been different in aspect of characters, because they got their own life journeys & choices to be made. Its only called "Mirror Universe" just because Kirk see's doubles.

When actually its just merely another universe with a tougher life there. I wonder how they are dealing with their Borg. Are they worse or kinder there? lol

Well, hate is a pretty strong word so I won't use it. Suffice it to say that we always skip the mirror universe episodes ... they bore us and have nothing to do with the continuing story of DS9. Particularly annoying was the mirror episode in the final season ... AAARGH. There's a war on for pity's sake, why are we wasting valuable time this late in the game on something that has nothing to do with this MAJOR plotline? Hmmmm, Mr. Behr?

Well, hate is a pretty strong word so I won't use it.  Suffice it to say that we always skip the mirror universe episodes ... they bore us and have nothing to do with the continuing story of DS9.  Particularly annoying was the mirror episode in the final season ...  AAARGH.  There's a war on for pity's sake, why are we wasting valuable time this late in the game on something that has nothing to do with this MAJOR plotline?  Hmmmm, Mr. Behr?

I've always loved the 'mirror' episodes,but I have to admit that the last one ("The Emporer's new cloak") was a total waste of time!!

On the subject of that episode, how could Vic have a flesh and blood mirror counterpart in the 24th century if he was a holographic simulation of a 20th century Vegas lounge singer!!! :waaaa:

Genetic Engineering? Or perhaps in the mirror universe he wasnt born in the 20th century. There's a few reasons that make sense, i just cant think of any of them

Guest Guest

Maybe they don't believe in holography, so instead of holo pleasures they use genetic pleasures.

Meaning they make live people instead of false images.

Genetic Deck. lol :waaaa:

Maybe they don't believe in holography, so instead of holo pleasures they use genetic pleasures.

Genetic Deck. lol  :waaaa:

I never considered that!! :assimilated: That fits right in with the attitudes of the mirror universe!! Why waste energy with a holo-deck when you can create living,breathing beings to live as slaves for the alliances elites!! That solves the problem of Vics presents there and opens up a whole host of possibilities!!

:assimilated: That is so cool! :assimilated:

I loved them but I would of liked to see what happened to the terrans

I think given the fact that the rebellion not only has a cloaking device but the regent himself in their holding cell suggests that the Terrans will do just fine. :waaaa:

Genetic Deck. lol  :P

I never considered that!! :o That fits right in with the attitudes of the mirror universe!! Why waste energy with a holo-deck when you can create living,breathing beings to live as slaves for the alliances elites!! That solves the problem of Vics presents there and opens up a whole host of possibilities!!

:grin: That is so cool! :wow:

Dang i keep forgetting to log in before posting, i just lost 3 post counts for me. Rising to next rank is going to take a while :P

Hmm. that would mean theres a biologically engineered EMB on their Voyager lost in the Delta Quadrant. :wow:

speaking of their Voyager, u think they are torturing people on the other side or are they torturing them when presumedly they should be much worst then them.

:)

Dang i keep forgetting to log in before posting, i just lost 3 post counts for me. Rising to next rank is going to take a while  :wow:

Hmm. that would mean theres a biologically engineered EMB on their Voyager lost in the Delta Quadrant.  :wow:

speaking of their Voyager, u think they are torturing people on the other side or are they torturing them when presumedly they should be much worst then them.

:P

Remember in this universe tuvok is part of the resistance, starfleet has been gone for decades and the majority of terrans are slaves, so no voyager ( but no reason there could'nt be an alliance vessal hunting a terran ship when suddenly..... :o )

The whole 'cloning for fun and profit 'thing is great : "beam on down to madman Korg's :) helix hut, all celeberties must go.." :P

Just imagine Elvis in space :grin:

Well, hate is a pretty strong word so I won't use it.  Suffice it to say that we always skip the mirror universe episodes ... they bore us and have nothing to do with the continuing story of DS9.  Particularly annoying was the mirror episode in the final season ...  AAARGH.  There's a war on for pity's sake, why are we wasting valuable time this late in the game on something that has nothing to do with this MAJOR plotline?  Hmmmm, Mr. Behr?

I've always loved the 'mirror' episodes,but I have to admit that the last one ("The Emporer's new cloak") was a total waste of time!!

On the subject of that episode, how could Vic have a flesh and blood mirror counterpart in the 24th century if he was a holographic simulation of a 20th century Vegas lounge singer!!! :grin:

Could it be that Vic (the Hologram) was based on a real person? Meaning that his image was taken from an actual person in the 24th century. The personality was completely "written" by the holo-writer. The basis for this is "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?" from season 5. Dr. Zimmerman needed to use a real person to base the new LMH on and the EMH was based on him (Dr. Zimmerman).

Could it be that Vic (the Hologram) was based on a real person? Meaning that his image was taken from an actual person in the 24th century. The personality was completely "written" by the holo-writer. The basis for this is "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?" from season 5. Dr. Zimmerman needed to use a real person to base the new LMH on and the EMH was based on him (Dr. Zimmerman).

Dang it !! Now there'll NEVER be that Elvis, Sammy Davis jr. , Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra spinoff ( StarTrek: Viva Las Vega :grin: )

Remember in this universe tuvok is part of the resistance, starfleet has been gone for decades and the majority of terrans are slaves, so no voyager ( but no reason there could'nt be an alliance vessal hunting a terran ship when suddenly..... :grin: )

well, like i said somewhere I'm not to sure about the Mirror Universe thing, so whatever chasing & got lost is fine by me, :wow:

About elvis i prefer not to even think about him.

He started something good & bad, mostly bad from what i see. :P

Not his fault thoug, how would he know the people will take it the wrong way. :P

no offense intended.

:wow:

Vic was based on a real person, but that real person was a 20th century lounge singer, not on a 24th century person. The LMH and EMH were based on Bashir and Zimmerman because they were completely new matrixes, not reproductions of real people

Vic was based on a real person, but that real person was a 20th century lounge singer, not on a 24th century person. The LMH and EMH were based on Bashir and Zimmerman because they were completely new matrixes, not reproductions of real people

So if Vic was a real person then it's conceivable that the Mirror Vic is an ancestor of his. Of course one question I'll have to go back and answer for myself is this, Vic was based on a 20th century lounge singer but was that just his singing ability and basic parameters? Were his physical parameters based on a 24th century person?

We all know of course that the real reason Vic was in the Mirror Universe is so James Darren could be in the episode and play the part of a "Bad Guy" that gets killed by Bashir.