Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Who Would Like To See Star Trek...

Personally, Star Trek is more sophisticated than that and I think it would be pretty cheap to incorporate this cultural paranoia into the series

How So?

Star Trek has its own universe, history and aliens and until UPN took over it maintained a certain degree of class. Alien abduction believers are on the fringe and not generally well regarded by the mainstream. Treating the "greys" as real would be like Archer finding Mickey Mouse on some planet and treating him as real.

Not to mention the whole alien thing is played for laughs in Roswell - the town - itself. I think T'Pol's comment in one episode about humans once fearing "alien abduction" was a better recognition of the phenomena.

Star Trek has its own universe, history and aliens and until UPN took over it maintained a certain degree of class.  Alien abduction believers are on the fringe and not generally well regarded by the mainstream.  Treating the "greys" as real would be like Archer finding Mickey Mouse on some planet and treating him as real.

Not to mention the whole alien thing is played for laughs in Roswell - the town - itself.  I think T'Pol's comment in one episode about humans once fearing "alien abduction" was a better recognition of the phenomena.

Hmmm..I Do See Your Point, But I Think Comparing The Greys With Micky Mouse Is Abit Of A Stretch.lol

Anyways, Lastnight, I Remembered That The Rosswell Aliens In The Trek Universe Were Quark, Rom & Nog :unsure:

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Personally, Star Trek is more sophisticated than that and I think it would be pretty cheap to incorporate this cultural paranoia into the series

How So?

Star Trek has its own universe, history and aliens and until UPN took over it maintained a certain degree of class. Alien abduction believers are on the fringe and not generally well regarded by the mainstream. Treating the "greys" as real would be like Archer finding Mickey Mouse on some planet and treating him as real.

Not to mention the whole alien thing is played for laughs in Roswell - the town - itself. I think T'Pol's comment in one episode about humans once fearing "alien abduction" was a better recognition of the phenomena.

That maybe so, and personally, I don't believe in abduction stories, however, what if they played into it from the 1947 Roswell, New Mexico supposed crash, hmm? I think it could be done with class. Just becuase wacko's think there's aliens out there, doesn't mean there aren't any. :unsure:

I think that the Greys are very cool, however I do not believe that Paramount will use them as one of their alien races.

I believe this after watching the DS9 episode entitled "Little Green Men"

In this episode, Quark and Rom take Nog to Earth for his entrance into Starfleet Academy... There is an accident and the shuttle is transported back to Roswell and they are discovered. After some hilarious stuff happens, Rom devises a plan to get them back into their own Century.

So Paramount's beleif is the first aliens to crash on Earth were Ferengi.

A little funny, but this is my basis for the belief that Paramount will not use the Grey's as a race for any ST episode. Which is sad, very very sad.

:cool:

I think that the Greys are very cool, however I do not believe that Paramount will use them as one of their alien races.

I believe this after watching the DS9 episode entitled "Little Green Men" 

In this episode, Quark and Rom take Nog to Earth for his entrance into Starfleet Academy... There is an accident and the shuttle is transported back to Roswell and they are discovered.  After some hilarious stuff happens, Rom devises a plan to get them back into their own Century.

So Paramount's beleif is the first aliens to crash on Earth were Ferengi.

A little funny, but this is my basis for the belief that Paramount will not use the Grey's as a race for any ST episode.  Which is sad, very very sad.

Maybe having Ferengi on Earth in 1947 attracts the Roswell greys? I just don't think of that alien concept being low class, but rather interresting. You've got a point though, we probably won't see them due to DS9's "Little Green Men". One can imagine though! :unsure:

No way...

I am sure that Quark heard all about Sisko's run in with Temporal Investigations (Trials And Tribble-ations). I am sure that they said nothing. Quark dosent like questions from anybody. And Rom and Nog probably thought that it would hinder their involvement with Starfleet.

Ferengi are way to cautious to cause trouble for themselves

LOL.

Edited by shadowfigment

No way...

I am sure that Quark heard all about Sisko's run in with Temporal Investigations (Trials And Tribble-ations).  I am sure that they said nothing.

Hmm..I Doubt It...Since "Little Green Men" Is In Season 4 And "Trial And Tribble-ations" Is In Season 5 :waaaa: