Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Who Would Like To See Star Trek...

Stargate SG-1 Did It Using The Asgard.

I Even Read That The People Of Kamino From 'Attack Of The Clones' Were Based On Them.

For Years I've Wanted To See Them Used On Star Trek.

Who Else Would Like To See Them?

*sighs* the guy from ENT, the time travel guy Jack Daniels

We don't know his first name, he's just Daniels. Anywho, why would they be with him? I'd like to know your idea.

Since ENT is closer to our time, I'd love to see them as a recurring race. They could have them move beyond our known space and return in a post-VOY series or something. :blink:

Guest Mike_Hines01

The SG-1 Grays (or Asgard) are not from the future.

not the roswell ( ROSWELL, Wat is this?) the SG-1 greys

The Roswell greys are the infamous "grey aliens" that are three feet tall from abduction stories going as far back as the 1947 Roswell, New Mexico, USA crash. In SG-1, they played on this and based the Azguard on those Roswell greys. In SG-1, the Azgaurd are from another galaxy.

I'd like to see a STAR TREK version of the Roswell greys in the 4th season of ENT. :blink:

Guest Mike_Hines01

Picard is right, the Azguard are from another galaxy, not the future. And seeing the Greys in Enterprise would be cool.

ya maybe, but where would they meet them? in the expanse???????

well?

MISTER T VOTING 10 SEASONS OF ENT

:cool: :blink: :devil: :devil: :blink: :cool:

Well, I'd say in season 4, after the Expanse, but before the Romulan War.

As for your previous post, Close Encounters of the Third Kind is an original story playing on the alien abduction stories and using the concept of the Roswell greys.

holy.....how old is roswell?

Roswell is a town in the state of New Mexico here in the United States of America. The town is at least a century old.

Also, please continue this here so this thread can get back on topic. :blink:

Ack, I didn't know this off-topic tangent got split. Welp, um... I guess I should remove the link to the ENT Roswell greys thread?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

using stuff from other series..wouldn't that be in violation of Copyright Laws... :blink:

:blink: <-- so me

No, becuase the Roswell greys originated in abduction stories, not a TV show, thus there is no copyright, you just have to make sure that your spin on the idea doesn't copy someone else's.

yep, copywright laws are actually quite easy to get around/over.

So easy in fact, you can get almost any show, just say u "made" it.

MISTER T VOTING TEN SEASONS ON ENT

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

yep, copywright laws are actually quite easy to get around/over.

So easy in fact, you can get almost any show, just say u "made" it.

MISTER T VOTING TEN SEASONS ON ENT

Yes, but you cannot copyright the "Roswell grey aliens" idea becuase it did not originate in science-fiction, but rather real life as rumors of alien abductions.

u actually believe those weirdos?

man, there are no aliens.

sorry to break the truth to u, but it is the truth.

MISTER T GONNA POP A CAP IN YOUR BUTTOCKS AREA

:cool: :) :devil: :devil: :) :cool:

Okay there are two topics on the exact same question. The "greys" are basically the description of the aliens popularized by abduction theorists. And they do bear a striking resemblance to a Steven Spielberg creation. Other series have incorporated this cultural abduction paranoia into their "universe" such as Stargate or in the case of Roswell were designed on it (Roswell the series didn't invent "the greys"). I think there was another series called Dark Skies (as well as X-Files) that also used the term.

Personally, Star Trek is more sophisticated than that and I think it would be pretty cheap to incorporate this cultural paranoia into the series but the way UPN keeps lowering the bar on quality nothing would surprise me.

u actually believe those weirdos?

man, there are no aliens.

sorry to break the truth to u, but it is the truth.

MISTER T GONNA POP A CAP IN YOUR BUTTOCKS AREA

:cool: :) :devil: :devil: :) :cool:

I did not say I believe the rumors nor do I without proof. You can't proof aliens don't exist, so your saying they don't exist is moot. It's not the truth till you can prove it with factual evidence. :)

Anywho, I was just trying to explain why you can't copyright something which didn't originate in a creative work.

Okay there are two topics on the exact same question.  The "greys" are basically the description of the aliens popularized by abduction theorists.  And they do bear a striking resemblance to a Steven Spielberg creation.  Other series have incorporated this cultural abduction paranoia into their "universe" such as Stargate or in the case of Roswell were designed on it (Roswell the series didn't invent "the greys").  I think there was another series called Dark Skies (as well as X-Files) that also used the term.

Personally, Star Trek is more sophisticated than that and I think it would be pretty cheap to incorporate this cultural paranoia into the series but the way UPN keeps lowering the bar on quality nothing would surprise me.

I think both STARGATE SG-1 and ROSWELL were sophisticated shows, so why can't STAR TREK do it? I don't like the idea that STAR TREK is to good to have the Roswell greys in an episode.

Okay there are two topics on the exact same question.  The "greys" are basically the description of the aliens popularized by abduction theorists.  And they do bear a striking resemblance to a Steven Spielberg creation.  Other series have incorporated this cultural abduction paranoia into their "universe" such as Stargate or in the case of Roswell were designed on it (Roswell the series didn't invent "the greys").  I think there was another series called Dark Skies (as well as X-Files) that also used the term.

I think both STARGATE SG-1 and ROSWELL were sophisticated shows, so why can't STAR TREK do it? I don't like the idea that STAR TREK is to good to have the Roswell greys in an episode.

If you don't understand the difference I don't think I can explain it - but see response to Sam the Smuggler below. You're not going to like my response because even though I like Stargate ( a lot)I can recognize the difference between it and Star Trek.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

In Voyager's The 37s the idea of alien adbuctees was talked about with Amelia Earhart and several other people from 1937, who had been abducted, by a race called the Briori. I always assumed that these were the greys of Roswell.