Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Favorite SCI-FI TV shows.

We're all sci-fi fans here. When we do the "favorite TV show" thread, we get endless lists. :bow: So, how about a "favorite SCI-FI TV show" discussion, hmm? List the ones you'd like to own on DVD in bold, please. ;)

My favorite SCI-FI TV shows:

Star Trek

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Star Trek: Voyager

Star Trek: Enterprise

Stargate SG-1

Roswell

Seven Days

Jake 2.0

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Star Trek

Star Trek : TNG

Star Trek : DS9

Star Trek : VOY

Star Trek : Enterprise

Space : 1999 (Does anybody remember this show?)

Stargate

Babylon 5

Star Trek all series is a given

Have no budget for DVD's but if I did:

StargateSG1

The Invisible Man - SciFi version

The Outer Limits - both original and Showtime version

The Twilight Zone - the original - the first remake was okay - the UPN one stank

X-Files

Seaquest the first season

Entertaining if not groundbreaking drama a/k/a so ridiculous it's funny

The Chronical -

Hercules the Legendary Journeys - loved the fast food guy with the sign 17 served

Tremors - this show cracks me up

Star Trek

Star Trek: TNG Have

Star Trek: DS9 Have

Star Trek: VOY

Space: 1999 (<I remember and I want)

The Invaders (<Anyone remember this?)

Stargate

Babylon 5

Thanks for reminding me UH

The Outer Limits I like but don't want

The Twilight Zone Original Only but it's going to cost a fortune!

X-Files Everything before the last season but going to be too broke buying TZ to ever afford it. Think that's all...

I had forgotten the invaders - that was back when they put scifi on network television. Did you see the miniseries a few years back with Scott Bakula? Roy Thinnes had a cameo (I think his same character)

How could I have left this off my list?

Quantum Leap

Things i would love on DVD

Star Trek

Star Trek TNG

Star Trek DS9

Star Trek Voyager

Star Trek Enterprise

If i ever get all the above (haha) these in this order :bow:

Stargate SG-1

Babylon5

Andromeda

X- files

Space 1999 an oldie but a goodie

Blake's 7 another old one but IMHO a classic

Sorry if this is too many but i really like them all i'm just a huge Sci-fi fan ;)

things i'd like on dvd

Star trek voyager

star trek the next generation

things i like to watch and possibly would want on dvd

stargate sg1 which i just started watching

futurama which is semi sci fi

x-files

beyond belief fact or fiction when it's on

I had forgotten the invaders.  Did you see the miniseries a few years back with Scott Bakula?

No I missed it, actually never heard of it at all. I must have been busy... was it as good as the original? Did SB play the Roy Thinnes character?

Roy Thinnes had a cameo (I think his same character)

Wasn't Roy Thinnes the lead in the original? I'm sure he was but if SB was the lead in the remake then how did RT have a cameo as the same character? :bow:

All the Trek series (as soon as they come down in price)

Space: Above and Beyond

Space 1999

Dark Angel

X-Files Everything before the last season but going to be too broke buying TZ to ever afford it. Think that's all...

Did you see the final season? Aside from 2 or 3 questionable episodes, I thought it was very well done.

We tried to watch them but they would not hold our attention for more than 5 minutes. Something seemed to have changed for the worse and it wasn't that Muldur was gone. I can't put my finger on it, just something was wrong...

What??? Nobody wants Lost in Space??? The first season is coming out on DVD on January 13. :blink:

Did you see the final season? Aside from 2 or 3 questionable episodes, I thought it was very well done.

We tried to watch them but they would not hold our attention for more than 5 minutes. Something seemed to have changed for the worse and it wasn't that Muldur was gone, I can't put my finger on it, just something was wrong...

Was it that Scully had little screen time in most of the episodes, making Doggett and Reyes as the new "pair"? Did you see the series finale?

Did you see the final season?  Aside from 2 or 3 questionable episodes, I thought it was very well done.

We tried to watch them but they would not hold our attention for more than 5 minutes. Something seemed to have changed for the worse and it wasn't that Muldur was gone, I can't put my finger on it, just something was wrong...

I loved the episode about the Brady Bunch house but the rest of the last season was pretty much a disappointment.

Was it that Scully had little screen time in most of the episodes, making Doggett and Reyes as the new "pair"? Did you see the series finale?

Perhaps it was the "new people" but like I said; I can't put my finger on it, too much time has passed since then.

We recorded the finale but still haven't watched it. :blink:

Indy Posted on Jan 10 2004, 04:26 PM What??? Nobody wants Lost in Space??? The first season is coming out on DVD on January 13. :blink:   

I'd rather wait for a remake & see how it does first. If they could create a rocking good remake then I'd rather have (buy) it over the original series LIS. Loved and own the movie, a new series could pick up where it left off. :lol:

I had forgotten the invaders.  Did you see the miniseries a few years back with Scott Bakula?

No I missed it, actually never heard of it at all. I must have been busy... was it as good as the original? Did SB play the Roy Thinnes character?

Roy Thinnes had a cameo (I think his same character)

Wasn't Roy Thinnes the lead in the original? I'm sure he was but if SB was the lead in the remake then how did RT have a cameo as the same character? :blink:

The SB miniseries was more like a sequel - it was set in present time which was about 20 years after the original series took place. So Thinnes played the same character who found the SB character (a new character) and let him know what was going on. They reran it a couple of years ago so it should pop up again

All Star Trek Series

Stargate SG-1

X-Files

Farscape

Pherhaps Babylon 5. I've Some Episodes. I Like It. May Get It On DVD.

Depended On How Stargate: Atlantis Is, I'll Probably Get It Too.

This isn't my list of faves -that would just include Trek-, but there are a few series I didn't get to see enough of, and wouldn't mind watching now.

For DVD:

All Trek

B5

Firefly -don't approve of it enough to buy, but wouldn't mind seeing the few good eps again.

Roswell -ok, but a little too 'teen-soap' at times. :blink:

SeaQuest

Andromeda

Dark Angel

V -already have all of it on VHS; campy, but still fun.

...drawing a blank :blink: .

I realize that. :blink: Doesn't mean I have to like that aspect of it.

Also will add:

Time Trax

Viper

I remember these shows from when I was younger, and know that I really liked them at the time. Don't know if I'd still think they were any good or not.

Edited by Ace

to be honest, i really am not bothered whether i have episodes on dvd or vhs, however my favorite sci fi are:

- all star trek, particularly voyager

-x-files

-farscape

-andromeda

-sliders

Man, I Forgot About Sliders. I Loved That Show, But After Jerry & Charlie O'Conell Left The Show, It Lost My Interest After A Few Episodes. I Did See The Final Episode Though.

Hey, LOTB, Don't Feel Like Shelling Out The Money For DVDs, Or Have Something Against Them?:blink:

My favorite Science Fiction Television shows are...

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Space: Above And Beyond

Babylon 5 & Crusade

SeaQuest DSV (Not SQ:2031 with Michael Ironside)

Blake's 7 (Short Lived, but Still Kicked Arse...)

Edited by shadowfigment

My favorite SF TV series of all time would be:

Doctor Who

But I enjoy several other SF shows and all the Star Trek, and all it's spin-offs.

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

Borusa: 'You have access to the greatest source of knowledge in the universe.'

Doctor: 'Well, I do talk to myself sometimes.'

-Dialogue between Lord Borusa and Lord President Doctor on Gallifrey

10 Minutes into the Future.... - Intro to Max Headroom
Edited by drwho42