Sign in to follow this  
Mike

NCC-1701 C

I watched 'Yesterdays Enterprise' again tonight. I'm always taken back by the Enterprise C. I know that it was heavily battle damaged but I really like the design of that ship. It's ambassador class isn't it? It's really neat looking..I wish I could find a pic of it or of an ambassador class ship..Do you all like this Enterprise too?? It is too bad that we didn't see this class of ship in any of the series'..Or maybe I can't just remember it right now..I wonder if we saw them in the Dominion War on DS9..

I haven't read those books, but I'm pretty sure you are correct.

I really like the overall design of the Ambassador Class - not too bulky, not too sleek; a good balance. Spacetigger, also check out Neutral Zone for more pics of it (I know, AE, another popular site :bow: ).

Edited by Ace

Spacetigger, also check out Neutral Zone for more pics of it.

Can you give me the address of this 'Neutral Zone' site? I've never been there before.

EDIT - Never mind, I found it..Neat Site..In fact all 3 were cool..Thankx..

Edited by spacetigger

I do beleve that it is the same class as the ship from the new frontier books.  At least in the begining anyway.

You are correct... The Ambassador ship was the ship in the New Frontier books. Good series! I wish Paramount would pick it up for a new series.

:cool:

I do beleve that it is the same class as the ship from the new frontier books.  At least in the begining anyway.

You are correct... The Ambassador ship was the ship in the New Frontier books. Good series! I wish Paramount would pick it up for a new series.

I read somewhere that the produces are done with the 24th century.

Spacetigger, also check out Neutral Zone for more pics of it.

Can you give me the address of this 'Neutral Zone' site? I've never been there before.

EDIT - Never mind, I found it..Neat Site..In fact all 3 were cool..Thankx..

Sorry 'bout that; glad you found it. :blink:

I love the design of the ambassador class. Just hope they could do a series on the New Frontier books, sad that it wont be done if the producers don't want to do any more on the 24'th century..

I love the design of the ambassador class. Just hope they could do a series on the New Frontier books, sad that it wont be done if the producers don't want to do any more on the 24'th century..

Well, I'm sure they could do a movie or mini-series on New Frontier, just not a full TV series. It seems they want to put all their focus on ENT.

Well, I'm sure they could do a movie or mini-series on New Frontier, just not a full TV series. It seems they want to put all their focus on ENT.

Yeah, I agree that they shouldn't do a full 7 season series on it, however a three-part TV movie or something similar would be great!

Yeah, I agree that they shouldn't do a full 7 season series on it, however a three-part TV movie or something similar would be great!

Even though I haven't read the books, I totally agree based on the good reviews I've read. :)

If Paramount did green light a miniseries of New Frontier, I wonder who they would get to play Capt Makenzie Calhoun?

How about Tom Hanks? Or maybe Bruce Willis? :)

I've always wanted to see more interaction between other ships of the fleet, instead of seeing Excelsio-classes all over the place, variety would be cool.

I've always wanted to see more interaction between other ships of the fleet, instead of seeing Excelsio-classes all over the place, variety would be cool.

Indeed...

The Excelsior class is one of the oldest classes of ship in the 24th Century. I wonder why it has not been retired after such a long service record. I think it is a cool design, but I am tired of seeing so many of them. I loved DS9 beause they showed varied ships docked at its pylons...

On the actor for Capt. Calhoun, I would have to say....

Kyle MacLachlan

The Excelcior is the latest in design in the 23rd Century. Its able to adept to current tech & still able to stand its space "ground".

I saw Oberth, Miranda, & Excelcior so far these 3 are the only old ships I know of that I've seen on 24th century screen.

The Enterprise C seemed the logical bridge between the angullar Enterprise A and the curvy Enterprise D. The B seemed really out of place in the design lineage.

The Enterprise C seemed the logical bridge between the angullar Enterprise A and the curvy Enterprise D. The B seemed really out of place in the design lineage.

Actually, when "Yesterday's Enterprise" went into production, they wanted the Enterprise-C to be a "bridge" between the Excelsior and Galaxy-class. At the time, they assumed that the Ent-B would be Excelsior-class.