Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

If you could bring back a ST show, wich one?

Wich ST series would you bring back if you had the power?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Wich ST series would you bring back if you had the power?

• TNG
    • DS9
    • VOY
    • TOS

Although I thought Endgame was a very good episode, there were still too many unanswered questions for me with the Voyager crew. I would love to see those questions answered in episodes, not in a book.

Also, almost every episode of TOS occurring on a "planet" had hugh blue or green "skys", perfect blue or green "screens" for adding scenery rich in details. :unsure:

To me, the surealistic looking artist rendered backdrops in TOS was part of the the attraction. How do we know that alien worlds won't actually look like that?

Also, almost every episode of TOS occurring on a "planet" had hugh blue or green "skys", perfect blue or green "screens" for adding scenery rich in details. :unsure:

the surealistic looking artist rendered backdrops in TOS was part of the the attraction. How do we know that alien worlds won't actually look like that?

That's you and that's fine but for me the characters were the biggest hook which kept me rewatching them over and over. I don't think I even looked at the backgrounds or the sets until the early 90's and when I finally did I noticed how (sorry) cheap they looked. Still I watched them all many times after that (this time) looking at details and I've seen em all, there's nothing new to see.

I'm just saying I'd like to see things in the foreground (on the set) continued back to more realistic horizon. (In most cases,) Lost in Space did a better job than Trek did at making the planets look like planets and not just sets.

While they're at it, if the planet is supposed to have lifeforms present they could add some. Heck, just a bird or two would be nice even if we only 'heard them'. Barren planets could be made to look more barren etc etc. A Special Edition would make it fresh for me again.

Also to be clear, I'm not saying a Special Edition of TOS should try to replace the classic version, (<I love it!) I'd just like a choice is all. I know it's not gonna happen.

TNG would have been great for another couple of seasons

But TOS could be re-done :unsure: and given 4 more years

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

Since TOS only got 3 seasons, I voted for it to return for at least 2 more seasons. It is not my favourite show, but since TNG (which is my fav. show) got a good ending, I think it should be left at that..