Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

What's your favorite TV show crossover?

My favorite TV show crossover, would have to be Enterprise / Roswell. The crossover was in Roswell 3-04 "Secrets and Lies" where an alien/human hyrbid character, named Max Evans and also one of the two series stars, auditions for Enterprise with director Jonathan Frakes, who also directed the episode, and actor John Billingsley in order to gain access to the Paramount lot in search of an alien shape shifter hiding as a big shot Hollywood Producer. The actual crossover scene lasted about 2 mins, but was absolutely hillarrious! :laugh:

What about you, what's your favorite TV crossover? Don't worry if it was short like mine, share anyway! :laugh:

A crossover occurs when characters from one show actually appear "in character" in another show. It would be next to impossible to do a ST crossover because of the totally fabricated universe in which ST exists.

I really haven't seen a lot of crossovers - except on a couple of A&E marathons I saw Simon & Simon on Magnum; and Jessica Fletcher on magnum. I think Law & Order did a crossover.

A crossover occurs when characters from one show actually appear "in character" in another show. It would be next to impossible to do a ST crossover because of the totally fabricated universe in which ST exists.

Star Trek and Roswell have several ties, so I'd call it a crossover.

Click here for the article.

Call it what you want - it was a guest appearance.

But if you're talking about guest appearances of ST alumni playing themselves then I guess George Takei's appearance as George Takei on Third Rock From the Sun was pretty funny. (about a scifi convention)

Well maybe if they made a Starwars series and the enterprise was caught in some rift and landed in the StarWars galaxy. You never know :laugh:

A crossover occurs when characters from one show actually appear "in character" in another show.   It would be next to impossible to do a ST crossover because of the totally fabricated universe in which ST exists.

But if you're talking about guest appearances of ST alumni playing themselves then I guess George Takei's appearance as George Takei on Third Rock From the Sun was pretty funny. (about a scifi convention)

Well, it was advertised as a "crossover" by UPN. :laugh:

A crossover occurs when characters from one show actually appear "in character" in another show.   It would be next to impossible to do a ST crossover because of the totally fabricated universe in which ST exists.

Considering what I think of the intellectual capacity of the powers that be at UPN - that doesn't mean much. Anyway I answered your question under your specifications.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Considering what I think of the intellectual capacity of the powers that be at UPN - that doesn't mean much. Anyway I answered your question under your specifications.

:clap::laugh: Yes you did, and I apreciate it. :clap:

I haven't given it alot of thought yet, but I really enjoyed the whole season of crossovers a while back on CBS.

Ray (Everybody Loves Raymond), Doug (King of Queens), Becker (Becker), and Hilton -aka Bill Cosby (Cosby) showed up for no reason on each other's shows. I loved the ep where they all ended up in Becker's office, but can't remember much else about it. It worked out easily since each show was set in NYC, and I think each show was in the Monday night block at the time.

Spinoffs -

NCIS - In fact I had to go back and watch JAG to see how this started

CSI: Miami, of course when I watched the episode where these characters appeared on CSI a little alarm went off that said "spin-off" and sure enough - a couple of months later it was announced.

Now speaking of real crossovers. In the one hour special about Stargate RDA mentioned he thought it would be so cool to go to some planet and find the crew of the Enterprise - but that will not happen.

Married with Children had a spinoff that was short lived...

It was called Top Of The Heap and aired in 1991. It starred a pre "Friends" Matt LeBlanc (who dated Kelly in Married With Children.) It didnt last more than a year, but I thought it pretty funny...

But not as funny as Married With Children

:cool:

third watch and er. it was a pretty cool story line. it was also cool that the cast from one show ended up on the other show and vice versa.

can't remember the episodes names.

tm :unsure:

third watch and er. it was a pretty cool story line. it was also cool that the cast from one show ended up on the other show and vice versa.

can't remember the episodes names.

tm  :idea:

I saw that one before I stopped watching the shows. I remember how excited I got. :unsure: