Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Snowball fights being banned in Canada?

The DJ just said it's true. Snowball fights are going to be banned in Canada. The reason cited for the ban is: "Snowball fights are violent and dangerous."

Any neighbors to the North here heard about this yet and if so, can you verify it?

If this is true, how do you feel about it? I think it's ridiculous! :)

That's the stupidest thing i ever heard! You'd think Bush made that suggestion :)

*thinks* That could be a suggestion from our German government as well :) Wait a minute... I'm not sure if we don't already have a law against throwing snowballs... :)

But, I agree, it's a very.... stupid suggestion :)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I'm Canadian and I haven't heard anything about it.

It is true that snowball fights are not allowed on school property simply because they hurt other people and I guess the school doesn't want to be responsible for those kinds of injuries. I go to high school and they pretty much remind us every year.

However, there is no formal ban on them on the government level. It would be a hard law to enforce.

Personally, I've never really been involved in a snowball fight because I don't want to get hurt. I think they can be stupid sometimes but as long as no one puts rocks in them or gets hit in the eye, I have no problem.

This is the first I've heard of it too. I did a search on Google and couldn't find anything about it. I did find some sites that said a city in Australia (Hobart) was considering banning snowball fights and possibly making snowmen but I don't know if that's true.

I think that DJ was pulling your leg. Law-wise, a ban like that could never be nation-wide. I don't think snowball fights would be either federal or provincial jurisdiction. It would be something on a municipal level. I'm sure something like this would have hit our national news. A few years ago there was a town that was considering banning street hockey and that was covered nationally and raised quite a stink. I'm sure snowball fights would get the same type of coverage.

I think that DJ was pulling your leg.

I sure hope so.

I found this while searching for some "real" news

Right Thinking

That site wont load for some reason.

This is the first I've heard of it too. I did a search on Google and couldn't find anything about it. I did find some sites that said a city in Australia (Hobart) was considering banning snowball fights and possibly making snowmen but I don't know if that's true.

I live in Hobart and I haven't heard anything about it. Besides we barley get any snow anyway. I think they are lying and copied off each other.

I'm Canadian and I haven't heard anything about it.

It is true that snowball fights are not allowed on school property simply because they hurt other people and I guess the school doesn't want to be responsible for those kinds of injuries. I go to high school and they pretty much remind us every year.

However, there is no formal ban on them on the government level. It would be a hard law to enforce.

Personally, I've never really been involved in a snowball fight because I don't want to get hurt. I think they can be stupid sometimes but as long as no one puts rocks in them or gets hit in the eye, I have no problem.

I think that DJ was pulling your leg. Law-wise, a ban like that could never be nation-wide. I don't think snowball fights would be either federal or provincial jurisdiction. It would be something on a municipal level. I'm sure something like this would have hit our national news. A few years ago there was a town that was considering banning street hockey and that was covered nationally and raised quite a stink. I'm sure snowball fights would get the same type of coverage.

Agreed 100%. Elementary schools do not allow snowball fights because of insurance issues, but they could never inforce a snowball fighting law. And it would just be plain stupid. If none of us Canadians haven't heard of it, it's a slim chance it is real.

Why would you ban a sport? Sure, it's in the street, but it's not like it's playing on busy roads, just the quiet residential areas, and the players move whenever there's a car. Sometimes people are just stupid! Lol.

(And sorry I couldn't answer sooner CJLP! Lol. I was at the gym working out.)

Stardate:21422.9

What did Scrooge come up with that!! Thats crazy