Sign in to follow this  

Am I the only one that remembers MacGyver? I remember growing up he was my hero because he could get out of any situation using almost nothing. I bring this up because I just found that it is on TV Land which is a whole other issue that it is now considered Classic TV.

I loved the series Macgyver i have seen all the episodes at least twice he was such a hero and could save the day with a piece of chewing gum,great stuff. I think Richard Dean Anderson is a brill actor i think there is alot of MacGyver in Jack O'Neill it's just that now he doesn't mind guns so much. ;)

I vaguely remember the MacGyver series, That guy could make something outta nothing, I admired his ingenuity & resourcefulness.

I was wondering, Didn't he have an arch nemesis that just wouldn't die?.

Edited by Derro

Ah, yes - the never-dying guy. By the end, he had exploded, fallen off a cliff, had been greatly disfigured - I loved that guy! Caught a glimpse of him as I surfed by TV Land the other day - before the scars. Must've been the first episode he was in. Never knew what he was going to do next. Unfortunately, I don't quickly remember his name, either. Did it start with "M?"

Yes, Murdock (or Murdoch) - I just remembered. I always thought the guy was a hoot.

Hm...answering my own question. It's too early for thinking!

I always enjoyed MacGyver..a great show. It was always interesting to see what he was going to come up with to get out of a hopeless situation..It's on TV Land now?..Wow, that makes me feel old..!

Mac! I really just love that guy. He could do much with ducktape too. ;) ;)

;)

What scares me is that the episode I saw last night was about hunting of Black Rhino's and at the end it gave a prediction that at the current rate they would be extinct by the year 2000.

Stardate:21414.4

I remember watching that show when I was little.I still watch it on TV Land.Good Show

It's a little vague for me too; at least I remember liking the eps I saw. ;)

I can find out for myself, but right-off can anyone give me the run-years of the show?

It's a little vague for me too; at least I remember liking the eps I saw. ;)

I can find out for myself, but right-off can anyone give me the run-years of the show?

I could be wrong, but I believe it ran from '85 through '92. I know for certain it was on 7 seasons.

"MACGYVERISMS" sam even said that in sg-1 in the first ep i think. that was, and is agreat show when i can catch it on tvland. i also do remember it ended sometime in the 90s, just not sure when but yeah i can see alot of mac in col oneil except for the love of guns and weapons. richard dean anderson is great in both shows.

I remember one particular episode where Mac fell asleep and had a dream that took him back in time to the 1800's. I laughed so hard when he wandered into this dusty old saloon that was full of rough and tough cowboys ready for a fight. Good ole Mac saunters up to the bar and orders himself a tall glass of milk! LOL...funny stuff.

Does anyone remember when they revealed his first name?

Click for Spoiler:

Angus

There are still some actors I recognize because of their recurring roles on McGuyver like Teri Hatcher (Penny Parker)

The "blooper" will Amanda Tapping is funny if you haven't seen it.

I've been watching reruns - one day I kept thinking Gee that teenage kid looks familiar. It was Cuba Gooding Jr.

I have heard the term "pull a McGuyver" on another show (probably L&O or CSI)