Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What movies should NOT be remade

Frankly, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Apocalypse Now.

Aren't some of these movies way too young to be considered classics? Isn't it TNT that has (or used to have) "New Classics?" That's pretty much an oxymoron... Now, mind, I'm not disagreeing with any choices, so please don't blast me. The LOTR movies are my favorite movies in the world, and should never be remade, but they won't be classics for years yet.

Anyway, few if any of the great musicals should be remade. And I'll add to the list The Dirty Dozen, The Magnificent Seven, High Noon (too late), any Hitchcock movie, Twelve O'Clock High, Stalag 17, any John Wayne movie, and any Cary Grant movie (just 'cause I love Mr. Grant).

Gone with the Wind (as stated several times previously). No woman living or dead could replace Vivien Leigh or Olivia DeHaviland ... it would be sacrilege.

Also:

"Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"

"The Music Man"

Oops, too late! I love Matthew Broderick, but there are some things you shouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole ... trying to fill Robert Preston's shoes was just plain nuts.

Ashton Kucher making a mockery of a movie that originally starred KATHERINE HEPBURN .... SPENCER TRACY .... SIDNEY FLIPPIN' POITIER? Hollywood has officially given up and is completely catering to the great unwashed.

Gone with the Wind (as stated several times previously). No woman living or dead could replace Vivien Leigh or Olivia DeHaviland ... it would be sacrilege.

Also:

"Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"

"The Music Man"

Oops, too late! I love Matthew Broderick, but there are some things you shouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole ... trying to fill Robert Preston's shoes was just plain nuts.

Ashton Kucher making a mockery of a movie that originally starred KATHERINE HEPBURN .... SPENCER TRACY .... SIDNEY FLIPPIN' POITIER? Hollywood has officially given up and is completely catering to the great unwashed.

Amen and amen and amen again.