Sign in to follow this  
master_q

2004 Predictions

2004 Predictions

Let's make some 2004 predictions.

Everyone can only make one prediction each.

When 2005 comes them we'll look back and see what predictions came true and what predictions did not.

(And please don't repeat someone else's prediction)

Predictions can be about . . .

-Elections

-Terror Attacks

-Natural Disasters

-Wars

-Sports

-Discoveries

. . . .

I'll start with prediction #1 ...

#1: Bush will be reelected

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Fortune telling isn't my forte but here goes:

This is meant in fun:

luvin1stdegree will win an argument with VBG

master_q

Click for Spoiler:

is going to meet and fall in love with some sweet "liberal" young thing that turns him into a tree hugging, granola munching, tax advocate. The good news is he is running out right now and arranging for his friends to hire a deprogrammer when this happens so by next year he'll his old self again.

A spacecraft will land on Mars without crashing or loosing contact with Earth.

(If only those @#$%* Martians would stop shooting them down!) :dude:

You cant ask for world peace, when the peace knows no world. You can't stop a cheeta from running so you can't stop terrorists terrorising. How can we expect to change the world when we can't change ourselves.

In memorandium of all that have lost their lives for the defense of their country, their religon, their belifs - no matter how extreme, their values. And may we hope that leaders will see the wisdom in peaceful co-existance.

2004 will see the end and the beginning of many things, we will fall, we will rise, we will stumble, we will stand tall, we will succeed, we will fail, we will love, we will hate...and through it all, we will have our friends, our family to guide and protect us.

And on that fateful day will you sit down and cry in aguish, stand up and damand vengance or just accept it as another day, another place, another event?

Peace be with you in this new journey that is the two thousandath and fifth year after death.

Click for Spoiler:

Luvin will not win an argument with VBG (do i get those browny points now?)...and ddillard will loose hair, VBG will loose those two strands he holds dear.

something to think about,

trekzone

Edited by trekzone

Petroleum prices will continue to rise strengthening the need to discover a way to mass produce hydrogen fuel cells which I belive will happen in 2006/2007. In order to reduce the amount of gas needed to drive a car more car companys will adopt the idea of a combination of combustion and electricity like the Toyota Prius. Because an all electric car needs to recharge too much and an all combustion car cost too much to fuel and polute a lot.

I think that was a good prediction. :dude:

Click for Spoiler:

I think Luvin1stdegree will win in an argument between her and VBG. :lol:

Stardate:21345.4

In baseball the Boston Red Sox will win the Eastern Divsion and the Seattle Mariners will win the World Series. :dude:

Let's see what we have:

#1: Bush will be reelected

#2: The New England Patriots will win the Super Bowl

#3: VBG will be elected to a political office.

#4: luvin1stdegree will win an argument with VBG

#5: A spacecraft will land on Mars without crashing or loosing contact with Earth.

#6: People will regain their faith in the longevity of Enterprise and the Star Trek franchise

#7: Luvin will not win an argument with VBG

#8: The grays from Zeta-Reticuli will introduce themselves to the entire world

#9: Petroleum prices will continue to rise and require people to seek a new way to mass produce hydrogen fuel cells (or something similar)

#10: The Boston Red Sox will win the Eastern Divsion and the Seattle

If you need to clear your mind, and then think hard to look into the future of 2004. Let’s get some more predictions. (And try to get a few more serious ones)

Master Q

#5: A spacecraft will land on Mars without crashing or loosing contact with Earth.

This one may be happening as I type this. I heard a NASA Mars rover was supposed to land today around 5 eastren.

I'll predict #11 osama binladen will be captured or killed (with proof.)wink.gif

In The Year 2000...4

*Holds Flashlight Up To Face And Speaks With A Deep Voice*

It Will Be Revealed That Michael Jackson Is Part Of An Alien Take Over Of Earth.

In The Year 2000...4

*Holds Flashlight Up To Face And Speaks With A Deep Voice*

It Will Be Revealed That Michael Jackson Is Part Of An Alien Take Over Of Earth.

I would not be surprised :)

Master Q

I will win the lottery and they will clone Elvis Presley.

And to be a bit serious, I believe it will be proven that the temp. on earth has risen because we use mother earths resources carelessly.

Edited by Stelfan

William Shatner will make a guest appearance on Enterprise as one of James T. Kirk's ancestors. Ratings for that episode will go through the roof, just like they did when Leonard Nimoy appeard as Spock in the TNG episode "Reunification."

And to be a bit serious, I believe it will be proven that the temp. on earth has risen because we use mother earths resources carelessly.

Hell, That Should Be Easy Enough Already...Just Take A Walk One Of These Warm Winter's Days

I believe it will be proven that the temp. on earth has risen because we use mother earths resources carelessly.

Is that the same reason that hundreds of years ago the mean temperature was much greater then it is now? (Or that the majority of earth’s landmass is uninhabited by man? Not to mention that recent scientific research has proven that carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases have almost zero effect in hearting or cooling of the planet because the total gas composition of the atmosphere and the radiation balance effect of these gasses are insignificant unless they are multiplied many millions of time over. And not to mention the incredible increase of activity of the sun. I better shut my mouth now. But overall the evidence out there shows the exact opposite and it has been proven)

Master Q

I guess I need a tuition refund. I was always under the impression that the scientific method: observation, hypothesis, testing, theory, more testing etc. that tests (or data collection) could have two possible outcomes.

They supported your theory

Or disproved your theory

Only after consistent, repeated and long term data collection or experimentation that has garnered a general consensus will a theory be accepted as proven.

Just because there is no general consensus does not mean that it is or is not a fact (or a proven thing). The mainstream media censors issues that are in opposition to push their agenda. In fact I would say that my view point meets all of those cateria. Long term data proves my view over the other view. Long term data from hundreds of years of data show these trends. Take a look at the sun. The sun has been much more active these past years then it has been from recorded date and when the sun is active it is going to produce more heat. The other point I made was on composition of gasses and percentages. We could not destroy the earth if we wanted to in actuality. The way to prove that global warming is caused by man is to show that the radiation balance from the sun and what goes out from the earth is not in balance. However, satellites have proven that the radiant balance from the planet is the same as it when those satellites were first put up there. That’s it. That truly is. It is the end all of logic and the exact point of which proves or disproves man made global warming.

If you want to debate this more, then I guess we could move the debate to Risa or the science forum.

Master Q

Edited by master_q

If you want to debate this more, then I guess we could move the debate to Risa or the science forum.

I have no interest in debating you whatsoever. I did not take an advocacy position on either side of the issue I only pointed out there is not a consensus in the scientific community.

I predict marijuana will be legalized in 2004! ( Its more of a hope instead of prediction, but I try and predict it every year in the hopes it comes true!)

I have no interest in debating you whatsoever. I did not take an advocacy position on either side of the issue I only pointed out there is not a consensus in the scientific community.

No one is denying that there is not a consensus but that makes no general difference. I’m just pointing out my viewpoint and that is very clear. No clarification should be needed. And just expanding my viewpoint to your original response of why the data does in my view does prove (even with out a consensus) that man has not caused global warming is that and nothing more. I was debating the premise that it is or is not a proven thing and what ever way I look at it a consensus doesn’t mean much. The premises was debated and a consensus has nothing to do with anything as far as I'm concerned.

If for example I take a look at QM (quantum mechanics) I don’t think that it is a very good theory (quantum theory). However there is a consensus on it but in my view point QT is more of a workable application and not a theory. And I believe many people would agree with me on QM.

And a consensus does not mean that much especially when the idea of man created global warming is more part of an agenda and not science.

Master Q

The New England Patriots will win the Super Bowl...:laugh:

I don't mean to gloat but did anybody notice that my prediction was right ?! ;)

The New England Patriots will win the Super Bowl...:laugh:

I don't mean to gloat but did anybody notice that my prediction was right ?! ;)

Great! We have one prediction confirmed to be true :)

Master Q