Sign in to follow this  
removed

spiderman sucks

does anyone here think that all these super-hero movies they are coming out with suck? i do. spiderman was terrible. it was sooooo stupid. and daredevil and the hulk look pathetic. enough is enough. anyone else feel this way?

it's called flooding the market, this what mass media always does when ever something gets popular they mass produce it. First you had X Men, then Spider Man, then Daredevil, next we get the Hulk, which your right looks really weak.

I had a little bout with comic-book fever when I was a kid (when I could get my hands on one) I thought many of the creations were pretty cool. Then, in the age of TV those characters got butchered (especially Spiderman!) I am enjoying seeing them brought back to life in this age of CGI. Spiderman rocked!!! and I am looking forward to more too come.

I actually Liked Spiderman... Sorta.. and one of my friends cried when the uncle died..

and X-Men is comin out soon.. The first one was AWSOME!!! and the next one looks even better well from Pictures i have seen..

-Laur :D:D

I liked spiderman and X-men. Mainly for the Graphics, but the story was pretty good - You see, if you don't like it then you don't like it! You have to like that kind of movie. I heard (although I haven't seen it) that Daredevil was a flop.

There is a great site for movie critques - check out:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

They do a great job on most movies. Some types - like "Kung Pow" - they don't like, but if you like that kind of thing - it was great!

See, they gave "Daredevil" a 44% (out of 100%) - that is bad!

Spiderman got an 88%, however and X-men an 81%!

Sooo, obvoiusly the professional critics liked them!

When you're looking at rotten tomatoes' ratings a good guide is:

90-100% - Worth the movie ticket

80-90% - If you like that type of movie - worth the ticket. If it isn't your favorite, it might just be a good rental

70-80% - Probably just a good rental

60-70% - Only worth watching if you like that movie

<60% - not worth it

Now, there will always be exceptions - the most likely are "stupid funny" movies, etc.

the only super-hero i really liked was batman. and that was a long time ago. when i was little i loved the ninja turtles and the ghostbusters though

I used to be huge comic book collector..have 5 boxes full o books..much wasted money..many hours of reading..that and star trek..a geek in the making :D But Spiderman didn't suck dude, it was just geared towards a younger generation so that it could soak up as much coin as possible..x-men was the nicest to see in big screen form instead of my minds eye or on comic pages..the rest that will follow well they are kinda like all the reality Tv show that are popping up everywhere..it is the "hey! they like it..Make more" philosphy..and the more they are the more watered down they get. Are any of you Matrix Fans? that was super-hero like..

lol. i AM the younger generation. i'm only 16. i just have a more mature sense of film. i dont like the pure escapism movies like xXx or spiderman. i think a movie really has to have a meaning for me to like it. if its going to be escapism, be a comedy, not any other genre. if a movie is pointless, i will not enjoy it. im in a class at school where i get to make my own movies, and mine are always more meaningful then the rest. i have higher expectations of films then most people my age.

Don't compare XXX with Spiderman! XXX was pretty mindless but Spiderman was entertaining. Spiderman was not escapism. It wasn't exactly the most interesting movie either, but it was good.

Guest Guest

I don't think we'll see superman movies for a while Picard. I've heard that several setbacks have occured. Apparently there isn't even an actor to play superman.

Tom Welling plays "Clark Kent" in the WB's SMALLVILLE! They could allways wait till the series runs it's coarse, have Clark become Superman in the finale, then make Superman movies, starring Tom Welling!

I also have a friend who's in college and is 19. He's in college to be a film actor, and he "claims" that he might be able to audition for "Superman" Since no one wants to do it, it sounds plausable. Is he pulling my leg? I think he might be... dunno...

Spiderman was great! X-Men was GRREEEEEAAT! I haven't seen Dare Devil yet but it looked pretty lame. I do want to see the Hulk however and Spiderman 2 looks like it might be pretty awesome. And of course I'll see X2 opening night.

I also liked Spider-man and I enjoyed X-men and X-men 2 as well. I never did see Daredevil or Hulk, but I too heard Hulk was bad. I heard Daredevil was okay.

I like Daredevil better than Spider-man. But... I still don't like the whole super-hero thing. And now even MORE of them are going to be coming out. Enough is enough. At least take a break between super-hero movies. There are way too many coming out and in my opinion they just aren't very good.

I'm with Bysty, most super-hero movies are kind'a lame. I'm not into comic books, but I do have 4 superheros I like:

Superman

Batman

Spider-man

X-Men

Superman's cool, but he's too invincible for me to enjoy the story. Batman's also really cool and I loved the movies, but I'm not sure I like the idea of a vigilante. Spider-man would have to be my favorite. He has that 6th sense when it comes to imminent danger, he's agile, he's got super strenth in the sense that he can't be beat up by some average bad guy, and he's got the web thing going for him. X-Men just feels too much like Power Rangers in the movies.

I did like Batman alot when I was younger. Now the only Batman I like is "Batman" and "Batman Returns". The other two movies are terrible and the TV shows are almost as bad.

Well, I'm not into super hero stuff, but I am into movies. As far as movies go, I think they did a great job with Batman and Spider-man. As for the Batman movies, Batman has allways been portrayed as a "dark knight" while at other times, more of a do-gooder like in the old 60's show. I'd say the first two Batman movies show the darker side of Batman with the 3rd and 4th showing the lighter side of Batman. As for Spider-man, what was it that you didn't like about the movie?

I thought the acting was terrible for one thing. Kirsten Dunst should never be allowed to act again. And I don't like how they are trying to put bullettime slow motion in every movie now. Sometimes I wish The Matrix had never been made. I thought that the villain was really weak and non-threatening. And I didn't like how they tried to make Spider-man "cool". They tried to make it a movie for teens. But being a teen, I can say that teens are stupid! Lol. They have terrible taste in movies.

All in all, I can just say that I was bored to tears during Spider-man.

Superheroes generally bore me to tears, but I'll put up with Spiderman to see more of Toby MacGuire .... mmmm, mmmm, mmmmmmmmm! Incredible looking AND funny, the very best combination.

I refuse to see the Hulk because without Bill Bixby it's not The Incredible Hulk. I cannot stand Ben Affleck (he is such a sellout) so I will never watch that dumb Daredevil movie. I really want to like X-Men because Patrick Stewart is in it, but I hated it. I just want to scream when my husband rents that garbage ...

(What I really hate beyond all else is STAR WARS. ssshhhh! Don't tell my husband.)

I'm not a big fan of any of the new wave a superhero movies, I'm a Comic book fan. The Hulk was not the best thing I've ever watched. Spiderman and Daredevil are OK because they are very close to the original Comic. and X-men realy isn't my thing. The one I am looking forward too the new Superman Movie thats in the works that my favorite here allthough I'd love to see someone do a Green lantern movie.

They really could have done a better job with all of these superhero movies escpecially The Hulk and Daredevil. I never did get around to seeing Spiderman. Course I always compare them to the first 2 Superman and the first 2 Batman movies which I thought were very good. My brother told me a while ago that they have a 'Fantastic Four' movie in the works..! Have any of you heard this? They were always a favorite of mine..Course I'll probably be disappointed in it considering what they did to Daredevil, Hulk and Spiderman..

the F4 Movie has been set back untill summer 2005 its a Fox/Marvel prodution and thats all I know.

Marvel allso have punisher, blade 3. in the works

allso so far as any one knows Iron man and ghost rider will be out in 2005

I didn't care much for Spiderman; It's been a long time since I read the comics so I don't know much about Spiderman but I know he wasn't a teen. I also thought it was depressing - he was such a loser - I thought heros were supposed to be heros.

I thought Michael Keaton made a good Batman - George Clooney was soooooo boring

However, I am totally bummed that they picked Jim Carrey to play the 6 Million Dollar Man.

Wonder if we'll have a Wonder Woman?