Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Bolivar

Twenty Questions

STAR TREK: Twenty Questions

Here are the rules:

1. The host will think of something from Star Trek.

2. That 'something' has to be from Star Trek and must be canon. It also cannot be an idea such as "warp theory".

3. The players then have 20 yes-or-no questions to guess what the host is.

4. With questions 10-20 you may also guess. This is different from usual play in that, normally, a guess would count as a turn, but because some people will guess haphazardly and waste questions for other people I think allowing both a question and a guess in one turn would be a good idea.

5. The host may give hints if he or she wants to.

6. The person who guesses what the host is gets to take over as host.

7. If nobody guesses after 20 trys, the host can either host again or hand off the task to someone else.

8. When posting an question state which guess it is (ranging from 1-20) so that the next person knows where the game is at.

Good questions are:

1. Are you alive?

2. Are you technology?

3. Are you a natural phenomenon?

4. Are you human?

5. Are you a member of the Federation?

6. Are you a member of Starfleet?

7. Are you found on a starship?

Hints:

1. Try not to ask blind questions such as asking "Are you humanoid?" before determining if they are is a living thing.

2. It can be a good idea to find out if they are "series specific" and if so, find out what Star Trek series they come from.

3. From turn 10 and on you can ask a question and give a guess in one turn so you should always do both!

Now... what am I?

One: No, I am not organic

Two: No, I am not an android

Three: No, I am not constructed

Four: No, I am not naturally occurring in the universe

Five: Yes, I'm comprised of more than one element

Before we go further maybe we need to clarify what "constructed" means. If you are comprised of more than one element and more importantly you are not naturally occuring then I would think some manipulation or application of a non-natural force by a second party would be necessary. To me that means construction?? Is that everyone else's understanding of construction??

Before we go further maybe we need to clarify what "constructed" means.  If you are comprised of more than one element and more importantly you are not naturally occuring then I would think some manipulation or application of a non-natural force by a second party would be necessary.  To me that means construction??  Is that everyone else's understanding of construction??

Well by constructed I was thinking something like a machine or even a hologram. In a sense anything can be constructed so long as we have the elements to construct it with. Even water can be constructed with a few protons and some neutrons etc etc.

At any rate, I think I might change the third answer. Yes, I am constructed.

Three: Yes, I am constructed

Six: No, I am not from another dimension or continuum

Seven: No, I am not found on a starship (to clarify, this means that it wouldn't be likely or common)

are you corporial?

EDIT: corporial IMHO is anything with a definable form, the Prophets of Bajor are non-corporial.

Seven: No, I am not found on a starship (to clarify, this means that it wouldn't be likely or common)

Eight: Yes, I am corporeal

Nine: No, I do not acquire knowledge

[glow=blue]Well by constructed I was thinking something like a machine or even a hologram.  In a sense anything can be constructed so long as we have the elements to construct it with.  Even water can be constructed with a few protons and some neutrons etc etc.

At any rate, I think I might change the third answer. Yes, I am constructed.

B) Leave it to me to cause the first problem B) . I meant a tangible, solid object "built" by someone, but didn't clarify that (and prolly still haven't ;) ).

Are you a used as a power source? (Probably a dumb question, I know.) Since I'm question # 10, I'm guessing Omega Particle B) Dunno if that even fits.

Nine: No, I do not acquire knowledge

Ten: Yes, I can be used as a power source

As for Ace's guess:

Click for Spoiler:

As a power source, when my molecules are linked into a small chain I can power a whole civilization. My name is Captain Bolivar and I am the Omega Molecule! Great job Ace! It is your turn. You all did a great job. I have been the omega molecule when playing with a friend and this stumped him, whom is a genius!

As a tool - I guess I was thinking of something designed to complete an action such as calibrating something in engineering, or kitchen tools. I guess in the ST world it isn't easy to distinguish tools from appliances as many tools have power sources.