Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Your own "Neverland Ranch"

Set aside all of the news surronding Michael Jackson and sleeping with children for a moment.

I'm sure everyone has seen the ariel shots of his Neverland Ranch, my question is this. If you had virtually unlimited funds would you build a "Neverland" of your own? If so how would you design it? What would you put there?

I would make an estate that is a bit more grown-up and tasteful. I really like architecture, so I would make it beautiful. I would try the best I could to make my land resemble the wilderness of the Canadian Rockies. I love it.

I would make an estate that is a bit more grown-up and tasteful. I really like architecture, so I would make it beautiful. I would try the best I could to make my land resemble the wilderness of the Canadian Rockies. I love it.

But would you also indulge yourself with things for purely entertainment reasons. For instance, an NHL size arena where the NHL could come and play an exhibition game or 2 each year. Or a full size movie theatre completely stocked and that has all of the newest movies and can also project your favorite TV shows on the big screen.

Remember, money is virtually unlimited.

Oh of course. But I would make it look nice. I'd make an NHL pond out in my yard in the middle of the trees. It'll be really nice and resembling the good old pond-hockey days, but big enough for a full team game. I'd have a world-class home theater, and not the kind you're thinking of. I want a 1 theatre cinema room that's THX Certified. <_< . And I can't forget a natural looking pool, with a stream entering it. However all that would be soooo hard to integrate into your house and make it all flow nicely. It would be fun though. And I'd defenitely have a two level library with mahogany covered walls and a persian rug. No billion dollar home can do without that.

I would have tennis courts, a pool, a jogging track- landscaped so it would be pretty and an ice rink because I have a niece that wants to ice skate. I'd have a theatre and a ballroom in my home. I'd like to have a sculpture garden and and an arbor and I've always wanted a fish pond with a bridge....if I can get it all in witout looking tacky.

Otherwise I'd build a rink and set it up as a business elsewhere and give the niece all the freebies she wanted. And I might donate land for a public park and have the sculpture garden and the pond there or maybe make it a "private" park and accept donations for a local charity. Since money is no object I'd also find a building and turn it into a community theatre and probably help contribute to some sort of youth hangout

I also want a real garden - tomatoes peppers etc those are hard to keep pretty. I guess I'd hide it behind fences or hedges.

But in the meantime I grow peppers in flower pots on my patio and hope someday my niece gets to see an ice rink.

I would turn it into a nature reserve......Where I would hunt the most dangerous animal in the world.

MAN

Just kidding.

Honstly been the modest person I am. I would probably turn it into nature reserve, put up a camp site, take about 1M bucks and donate the the rest of the money and the land to the make a wish fondation or something.

Then I would buy a place somewhere near the beech, probably.

I know some of you will probably think i'm stupid but I don't ask for much. Just as long as I don't have to work for anyone.

I'd buy myself 10 acres of land and build myself a nice 2 or 3 story house, then buy myself a nice truck and sports car. :) I'd use more money to build me a "flying saucer" in the back yard to make it look as if it landed. It'd look totally authentic and function as a guest house. :lol: I'd save the rest of my money to be financially secure and help those in need. :)