Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Let's Take a Trip

With us approaching the 100,000 post mark as well as the new year I think it would be nice for all of us to go through some of the older threads and bring them back out. I have been reflecting on everything that has happened in the last year and how much this board has come to mean to me and think it would be good for all of us to go back and find those threads that brought a smile to our face, a tear to our eye, or made us think really hard about something and bring them back out.

And bringing these threads back out will also help us bring up that post count and is a good way for some of the older members to bring out some topics that our newer members have not found yet.

Also, let's use this thread to share any special thoughts or memories that we have about the board. We have progressed from being a mere message board to being a family here at STF.NET and it would be nice for everyone to post why the board has come to hold a special place in all of our hearts.

So anyone else willing to help us all take a trip down memory lane?

ill help, although the ones that brought contray meaning were closed... but i have had a blast here at STF.NET, everyone has been friendly, everyone has been willing to hear me out, and everyone has been willing to voice a possible alternative.

STF.NET holds close to my heart because of the meaningful Trek discussions over the past few months, although, the topics seem to be sagging a bit.

Anyone else remember that time I started a post with "I was thinking the other day...". Oh wait, that's pretty much how I start all my posts. <_<

No seriously, I remember some great things here. Like all the compliments I got on my manifest and all the reassurance that I wasn't a loser because I'd made it. I also remember how nice everyone is every time someone gets promoted.

This place is so much nicer than the old StarTrek.com boards and I think everyone deserves a lot of credit for how inviting these boards are.

Merry Christmas everyone! (And for those who don't celebrate Christmas, have a happy holiday). :hat:

STF.NET holds close to my heart because of the meaningful Trek discussions over the past few months, although, the topics seem to be sagging a bit.

I think people are really busy right now with the holidays. I also think people don't feel as inclined to get into "controversial" topics at this time of year. I can't explain it but it is the time of Peace on Earth - Good will toward Men (as in mankind) and all other alien races; <_<

well i have been coming here since close to the begining, and it has given me a place to go and talk and to vent, and just downright feel at home on the net. all you that have been around, and the newer ones have been an online family, and i enjoy being here with you all. and thanks to all of you who have given me the place to talk out my problems for the last six months now. this place is home and will be forever for me.

well i have been coming here since close to the begining, and it has given me a place to go and talk and to vent, and just downright feel at home on the net. all you that have been around, and the newer ones have been an online family, and i enjoy being here with you all. and thanks to all of you who have given me the place to talk out my problems for the last six months now. this place is home and will be forever for me.

Glad to hear that I am not the only one that feels that way about this site.

Hey, if we are all a family that make VBG the father. Hey, daddy can I borrow the car? LOL <_<

I don't particularly have a single memory I hold dear, but I do remember all of the good times, great conversations, and absolutely amazing friendliness. This place is so friendly and I'm sure most everybody feels comfortable here. Thanks for the great times everybody.

Okay, with it being the last day of the year and all I will put my two cents in here again.

Over the last year I have went through alot of good and bad times. In either case I was able to share them with my STF.NET family which made the good things better and made the bad times more barable since it showed that I did have a place where I did not have to feel afraid or embarrassed to speak out the events in my life and that I could find support.

And who could forget the whole Smurf phase? :)

And who could forget the whole Smurf phase?  :)

That must have been before my time..I joined this wonderful place in June..What's the Smurfs phase?

It was something between Takara, Lessa, RC and I where they were posting smurf pics and links to pick on me. LOL

I can't pin point one special time... Everyone is so nice and supportive.. What I remember most though, is all the friends I've made... B)

Ah yes the smurfs... I was Stalker Smurf... :)

Oh I just remembered something...

Click for Spoiler:

The 'Promotion' thread... :) Anyone else remember this?? Do you know what I'm talking about?

Click for Spoiler:

The 'Promotion' thread... :dude: Anyone else remember this??  Do you know what I'm talking about?

I know what you talking about! I was going to look for it and post a link. You're talking about the infamous "COUP" thread right?

Click for Spoiler:

The 'Promotion' thread... :lol: Anyone else remember this??  Do you know what I'm talking about?

I know what you talking about! I was going to look for it and post a link. You're talking about the infamous "COUP" thread right?

HERE IT IS!

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=2316

:dude:

Click for Spoiler:

The 'Promotion' thread... :lol:   Anyone else remember this??  Do you know what I'm talking about?

HERE IT IS!

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?showtopic=2316

:dude:

That one was definitely alot of fun.

That's hilarious! :dude: Wish I would've been here back then; of course I probably would've been shot. :lol: