Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Change 3 things on ENT.

Luckily

If you're going to be insulting at least insult for the right reasons. CJLP complained there was too much sex. My last words were I was only acknowledging it exists.

archerfan Posted: Dec 19 2003, 02:04 AM 

(TheUnicornHunter @ Dec 18 2003, 04:11 PM)

I was happy until I read MR's spoiler.  That will ruin the show for me.

Click for Spoiler:

they don't "match" - they're not suited for each other.  She's a much better match for Archer who is much more reserved than Trip.  Trip is the most emotional member of the crew - it just doesn't work.  Not to mention it will totally ruin the wonderful tension and difference in perspective they've added - I love their spats.

I disagree,

Click for Spoiler:

We see totally opposite on this one.I think that the fact that Trip is one of the most emotional characters is what will make the relationship interesting. You say you love there spats, that is the chemistry they have together. I have never liked the idea of Archer and T'pol becoming an item. How totally unprofessional for the captain and the first officer to become romantically involved. I see there relationship more like Kirk/Spock type, truly best friends. I guess we just both can't be happy on this one.

I think we've had a communication failure. I didn't say I wanted Archer/T'pol to be an item. I said she was more suited to him in nature and I stand by that. I don't think she should become involved with anyone on board because it would be uncharistic of a Vulcan for her to do so. But Archer is far more receptive to logic than is Trip.

As for Trip/T'Pol - they never had love spats anymore than Spock/McCoy had love spats. They do have a profound difference of perspective. I loved the polar positions of Spock/McCoy and they gave Kirk some real perspective on how to make his decisions. If they were true to the Trip and T'Pol characters they could have the same relationship. As for a Trip/T'Pol romance - opposites only attract if you're magnets. In truth real relationships are based on shared goals and values. So it is an insult to both characters to force a relationship because they are not from the same planet (pun intended). I could even see T'Pol and Malcolm - he is quite reserved and more like her in temperament.

There is no writer capable of making anything good of a Trip/T'Pol pairing - they are just fundamentally wrong for each other. Unfortunately the Xindi arc or the other characters do not appeal to me enough to counter-balance the loss of Trip. I hope Spike adds DS9 to its line-up soon.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I was happy until I read MR's spoiler.  That will ruin the show for me. 

Click for Spoiler:

they don't "match" - they're not suited for each other.  She's a much better match for Archer who is much more reserved than Trip.  Trip is the most emotional member of the crew - it just doesn't work.  Not to mention it will totally ruin the wonderful tension and difference in perspective they've added - I love their spats.

I disagree,

Click for Spoiler:

We see totally opposite on this one.I think that the fact that Trip is one of the most emotional characters is what will make the relationship interesting. You say you love there spats, that is the chemistry they have together. I have never liked the idea of Archer and T'pol becoming an item. How totally unprofessional for the captain and the first officer to become romantically involved. I see there relationship more like Kirk/Spock type, truly best friends. I guess we just both can't be happy on this one.

I think you all have it all wrong about T'Pol's romances...

Click for Spoiler:

The way I see it she'd be the type that would go for a guy in a cowboy hat... :( ;)

Click for Spoiler:

Well Trip is from the south like you VBG so that will have to be close enough since you are not on board..LOL :biggrin:

3. While many have stated that they like the relationship between Trip and T Pol I feel that it would not be a good thing to see it develop into some sort of love affair. The reason I say this is because I believe what is implied through smaller actions create more interest and caring for the characters, for example, the Mulder and Scully relationship during the first half of the show before the producers bowed to fan presure.

I agree TM I would be perfectly happy to have there relationship remain with just subtle innuendos and a heartwarming friendship.

Luckily

If you're going to be insulting at least insult for the right reasons. CJLP complained there was too much sex. My last words were I was only acknowledging it exists.

Oh..Were those your last words? You're edited this post so many times I've lost track..I still haven't seen any sex on Enterprise..But this is an old road isn't it?...I'm done with it...

There is no writer capable of making anything good of a Trip/T'Pol pairing - they are just fundamentally wrong for each other. Unfortunately the Xindi arc or the other characters do not appeal to me enough to counter-balance the loss of Trip.  I hope Spike  more like her in temperament.

adds DS9 to its line-up soon.

TUH don't give up on the show!

Click for Spoiler:

Just because Trip and T'pol are going to be involved in the near future doesn't mean that it will continue forever. Lets just see how it plays out. This is why I hate spoilers.

I respect your opinion on the relationships on board. If it came down to it I think I would prefer not to have any of the officers really get involved with each other. This ship is too small. It's not like this is Voyager and it's a practically a city in space. I was trying not to refer to

Click for Spoiler:

Trip and T'pol as a an opposites attract cliche. Just that it would be interesting to watch because they are so different. I don't find it that odd that T'pol likes Trip. She is a woman vulcan and it is obvious by the way they have portrayed her character that she is more emotional than her male counterparts. That being said I will just leave it at it's not going to totally disappoint me if they have a relationship as Archer/T'pol would have. I do hope that it's not a real focus for long so you can continue to enjoy the show.

Luckily

Oh..Were those your last words? You're edited this post so many times I've lost track..I still haven't seen any sex on Enterprise..But this is an old road isn't it?...I'm done with it...

I think that this banter is getting a little nasty. Lets everyone just respect each others opinion. If you have nothing more to add as positive rebutle please dont bother posting.

TUH don't give up on the show!

Click for Spoiler:

Just because Trip and T'pol are going to be involved in the near future doesn't mean that it will continue forever. Lets just see how it plays out. This is why I hate spoilers.

Thank you for your post. I know I sound irrational but the thought of that relationship is just traumatizing. I'm afraid they will have to "change" the characters for this relationship to occur and once changed there is no going back.

Before moving on, I'd like to say one thing: I totally agree with TUH on the sexual content. As for KM and ST, sexuallity has many forms. One does not need to see sexual intercoarse in order to see something "sexual".

Back on topic: I changed the "three things" I'd change to ENT.

1. Less sexuallity.

2. Let UPN cancel ENT after Season 4 so the show can be syndicated for it's remaining 3 Seasons.

3. After the Xindi-arc, I'd keep to stand-alone episodes till we come to the Romulan war.

Sorry to take this of topic again but I'd just like to say it's very peculiar how T'Pol's sexuality is the only thing ever griped about, never, not once have I EVER heard anyone complain about the woody Trip had in the decon scene of Broken Bow. :laugh: T'pol may be Vulcan but she is also a Female, it's not right that people do not want her to be a woman, I do and I think that was what someone else meant on this thread. Ok, back on topic now...

As I said I have seen nothing sexual on Enterprise, but thats just me. I'm not trying to cause an argument with CJLP and I did not fall asleep. I still say I saw more sexual themes on DS9 than on Enterprise.

But thats all I'm going tio say on the subject, you see sex, I don't and you know I really don't care anymore.

Sorry to take this of topic again but I'd just like to say it's very peculiar how T'Pol's sexuality is the only thing ever griped about, never, not once have I EVER heard anyone complain about the woody Trip had in the decon scene of Broken Bow. :laugh: T'pol may be Vulcan but she is also a Female, it's not right that people do not want her to be a woman, I do and I think that was what someone else meant on this thread.  Ok, back on topic now...

I don't know who you're aiming your comments at but hey I did mention those decon gel scenes and I also said I wasn't saying they shouldn't have them.

The difference I see between Trip and T'Pol is that Trip isn't ONLY a sex toy. He gets to be a competent officer as well. T'Pol needs to be given a chance to develop as competent at something.

And she may be female but she is a Vulcan and Vulcan's are not capable of loving a human as that human needs to be loved. In TOS they went as far as saying it could endanger Spock's life to express emotions.

I don't know was meant by your comment people don't want her to be a woman but you don't have to be a sex object to be sexy or sexual. Kira and Jahdzia both had several lovers but I wouldn't call either a sex object.

I do see T'Pol played as a sex object because the only quality she has is her "hot" body. If she had a personality or a competency it would be different.

That's why I want another female character - one that is a competent, non-whiny, attractive, normal, likeable, female. And since that's the change I'd like to see that is on topic.