Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Christmas References in Star Trek

I know there was an episode of VOY where Chakotay said something about Voyager being "lit up like a Christmas tree" on the sensors.

There was the clasic clip where Q disguised Voyager as an ornament on a Christmas tree. Can anyone think of any others?

i think they need a christmas ep on ENT - itll show how close ENT is to our time (because TOS, TNG, DS9 or VOY never did).

i think they need a christmas ep on ENT - itll show how close ENT is to our time (because TOS, TNG, DS9 or VOY never did).

Good idea but with whats at stake with the new arc (and based on spoilers I've read) it's not going to happen this year at least. But, yeah, after the mess with the Xindi is finished and Earth's furture is assured I'd think a Christmas episode would be cool, perhaps next year.

Good idea but with whats at stake with the new arc (and based on spoilers I've read) it's not going to happen this year at least. But, yeah, after the mess with the Xindi is finished and Earth's furture is assured I'd think a Christmas episode would be cool, perhaps next year.

Stardate:213937.7

That and the fact they always show reruns in December

they can break with tradition, one ep to air December 26 (or the week of Christmas).

I saw a reference in A Night In Sickbay - Archer said something...

I've always wondered about that. Not just Christmas, but Religon in general. We havn't seen any sign of it at all aside from the Klingons or Bajorans or some of Chakotay's Native American Heritage.

There was a reference in DS9's "Our Man Bashir", in the holosuite program, Julian said that he gave Anastasia some earrings for Christmas.

I've always wondered about that. Not just Christmas, but Religon in general. We havn't seen any sign of it at all aside from the Klingons or Bajorans or some of Chakotay's Native American Heritage.

In TOS there were some references to religion, even to Christianity in Bread and Circuses ( I think I got the name of the episode correctly.) There was a civilization parallel to the Roman Empire on Earth , except in the 20th century, and there was an analog to Jesus Christ.

In Enterprise, fitting with today's events....which ENT seems to be doing, do you think that on Christmas, a small stealth attack on Earth would be fitting? So far, the Xindi have been trying to anticipate Archer's next move, and he's always there to stop it, or slow it down.

I only say this because every holiday, we read in the news that an attack is more possible over that holiday.

I think it´s hard to add religon. Because all peopel are suppost to be equel.

And is´nt religon the thing that sets us the most apart.

So they had to come up with a general religion.

The hazzard whit that is to favour one . Political incorrect!

I don't think religion makes us inequal...just different. But, in many ways, I'm glad ST stays out of the religious arena. The vast majority of shows, when referencing or discussing any religion, but especially the more conservative ones, slam it in some way. I'd rather they didn't.

I don't think religion makes us inequal...just different.  But, in many ways, I'm glad ST stays out of the religious arena.  The vast majority of shows, when referencing or discussing any religion, but especially the more conservative ones, slam it in some way.  I'd rather they didn't.

I agree with what you've said on both statements. I am always amazed at these shows that consider themselves openminded but are so narrow when they discuss religion. Yes, I'm glad Trek stays out of it.

I was just watching The Wrath of Khan, and Mr. Scott said something about the circuits being "bypassed like a Christmas tree." That Scotty. He's always amusing.

Haven't seen VOY's "11:59" in a while, but the season was right; anyone remember any Christmas references from it?

I don't think religion makes us inequal...just different.  But, in many ways, I'm glad ST stays out of the religious arena.  The vast majority of shows, when referencing or discussing any religion, but especially the more conservative ones, slam it in some way.  I'd rather they didn't.

Well, Actually I found it insulting that in VOY there was little or no reference to certain religions, but only some of the more polytheistic religions.

I think human religion should have had a bit more of a look in, even to a small degree, they show the religions of many other races, but never that of terrans.