Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

State Quarters

Are you collecting them?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Are you collecting them?

• Yes, Mint Condition Only
    • Yes, when ever I get a new one in change I hold on to it
    • No not now, I'm waiting for them all to be released then I'll buy a complete set
    • No, I could care less about them

I voted: Yes, whenever I get a new one in change I hold on to it

So far we've collected at least 3 of every coin released.

How complete is your collection?

I had started but it seems that sometime around February (16th) something else began to take my attention and I just got out of it. I have 4 of each up till February of this year though. 2 each from the Philadelphia mint and 2 each from the Denver Mint.

I keep trying to collect them, but it always seems that when I get close to payday, the pop machine just keeps calling for them and I cannot refuse the caffeine gods, so they do not usually get through. LOL.

It seems to me they're getting harder to find - for a while I would usually get a fairly new one within a week or two of them coming out...now it is sometimes months. I've gotten a couple of them mint and I keep planning to get a complete mint set.

We had provincial quarters, and then a whole bunch of millenium edition quarters that I started to collect. I never got around to getting them all though. They were pretty neat however.

I do not collect them at all, but from time to time I allow folks who are collecting them to raid my change purse, as I always have lots of quarters.

I've seen em and they look very cool but they're too expensive for my collective tastes.

What $30 for a quarter is to much? LOL :dude: I don't blame you that sounds like an unfair trade.

I've seen em and they look very cool but they're too expensive for my collective tastes.

What $30 for a quarter is to much? LOL :dude: I don't blame you that sounds like an unfair trade.

And I hate just paying a $1.00 for a quarter, lol :)

I voted No, I could care less about them..They are neat and I probably would try to collect them if I didn't need them for the laundrymat every week! It's just too hard to hold on to Quarters..!!

09_003.jpg

09_004.jpg

We only need one more New Mexico to have two complete sets. (We we're collecting three sets but I broke down during a time of cash drought and spent one set.)

Looks great, I too was collecting them for a few years but wound up depositing them into the bank not too long ago.

I do have several full rolls of the early states that my father had bought from the US Mint. I think I have the first 5 or 6 states in that manor.

I wasn't paying any attention to which mint any coin came from, it was difficult enough just getting these.

I had a friend in Kansas (who was Amy's friend as well) that sent me all of the first 5 or 6 states from the Denver mint and I sent her the ones from the Philadelphia mint.

The full rolls that I have are from both mints.